Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tired...

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Re: tired...

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Compared to me, yes they are. Compared to the rest of the league, no they aren't. We have one of the worst receiving corps in the league, made worse by their neophyte level of experience, a offensive coordinator who is this franchise's latest example of the Peter Principle in action, and Robinson's fragility. And since so-called "franchise quarterbacks" (a term that is bandied about way too often) can be found in the first round of any draft, yes we can wait.
    I don't say Franchise QBs can be found in every draft. The people around these boards and the "experts" do. We don't know what true NFL scouts actually think or if they even use the term. I think Bradford is uncommonly good and will be at the next level. Lots of guys come out with strong arms but not with the superb accuracy to boot. Along with all the intangibles he brings he should be our pick THIS year. At some point in time NEXT year has to become THIS year and now is the time to pull the trigger since Bradford is the one I for one have been waiting for. Wasn't convinced about Stafford and we needed a tackle, not to mention we had no shot at him. Sanchez i really wasn't convinced by at all and once again we needed a tackle. The year before we needed some additions on the Defensive Line and Long was the best pick at our spot. We COULD wait and NEVER draft a QB but I don't think we SHOULD so simply because of BRadford. If he stayed in school then I wouldn't take a QB at all in this draft, period.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Everybody has intangibles. My fictional dog Jasper has intangibles...mainly because he is intangible. I refuse to take intangibles as a justification.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

By intangibles i meant a hardy work ethic, intelligence, unfazed, able to withstand pressure. Not everyone has that and the difference between your dog and Bradford is your dog can't eat chocolate...(and he can't play football).

Intangibles is only part of the package and the certain intangibles i referred to CLEARLY not everyone has just looking at recent draft bust. If you don't want or don't like a guy you WILL find something to hate on about said guy. Its called nitpicking and its annoying but your entitled to it. I could nit pick on Suh all day and anyone else you pull out of the air but why bother...

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    By intangibles i meant a hardy work ethic, intelligence, unfazed, able to withstand pressure. Not everyone has that and the difference between your dog and Bradford is your dog can't eat chocolate...(and he can't play football).

Intangibles is only part of the package and the certain intangibles i referred to CLEARLY not everyone has just looking at recent draft bust. If you don't want or don't like a guy you WILL find something to hate on about said guy. Its called nitpicking and its annoying but your entitled to it. I could nit pick on Suh all day and anyone else you pull out of the air but why bother...
    Bradford will encounter more defensive pressure in his first game in the NFL than he has in his entire career up to this point. We have no clue how he can handle NFL defensive pressure. And he has been fazed plenty in big time bowl games, as evinced by his failure to win them.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    True but the misses on a qb in the lower rounds affect a team a lot less than a miss on the qb in the first round. You miss on a guy in the first round who you will end up throwing a ton of money at sends the team into an additional 3 year tail spin. You miss on a qb in the 2nd round through the 7th and it doesnt kill your teams chances for competing. You tie up so much in a 1st round qb that if you miss it's a franchise killer.
    You know what? Skip the Ferrari. I'll take the Toyota. There's a chance i could crash.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    You know what? Skip the Ferrari. I'll take the Toyota. There's a chance i could crash.
    That wasn't the best anology with toyotas having all the problems with accleration and braking lately lol.

LARamsFan99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SLSG View Post
    You have MUCH better odds picking a franchise type QB at the top of rd 1 than you do late in the draft, and it's not even close. Bradford has all the tools you want in a QB and then some. He will be a star in this league as long as he has an o-line to protect him.
    Actually, the odds are just under 50% - the other 50+% come from all the different rounds.

I did a breakdown of the last 20 years vs the starters/impact QB's in the league. I'm looking around for it right now, but that's about how it breaks down.

What the analysis showed was that, if you want an impact QB, your best chance is the first round, but even that is only just under 50% - meaning you have also have a better than 50% chance the guy will bust.

Of course, that's statistically. Perhaps they see something "one of a kind" in Bradford. I'm mostly nervous because he's been injured and didn't play much his last year. Is he healed? Is he injury prone? Is he really that good?

Heck, I don't know - I don't think anyone can say for certain - but, Billy D and Spag's are charged with making that decision. I just hope it's not of the Ryan Leaf variety.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123