Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By live4ramin
  • 2 Post By Stone Cold Tavon Austin
  • 1 Post By live4ramin
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By mh-i

Thread: Tired of Cortland's shtick. It's getting old.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Tired of Cortland's shtick. It's getting old.

Finnigans act is embarrassing. He doesn't deserve the swagger to pull off the taunting and malevolent behavior. As a "mentor" he sends a bad example to the youngsters. As a player is a cancer to the team and as a RAM a poison pill to the franchise.

The coaches have made a mistake by condoning this. It's not teaching winning the right way. Hell it's not even winning.

Recently, much has been said about "the Cardinal way". Is Finnigan's way the "Ram's way"?
    Curly Horns and Head Slap like this.

The break, don't bend offense.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Re: Tired of Cortland's shtick. It's getting old.

He will have to take a massive cut this offseason to stay with team I feel.

Stone Cold Tavon Austin is offline Registered User

As much as I want to agree to this, Unfortunately I must disagree......One of my friends who was our ball boy when I played at UCF works for the rams now and I have actually spoken to him about Cortland. On the field yes he is an annoyance, but as soon as he touches the sidelines and off the field he is a mentor and a teacher. He even has preached to Jenkins that he needs to let his play speak for him and not himself (seems like one of those do as I say not as I do moments). He has been known to call each rookie before game day to make sure they are in bed and have a clear head for the next day. It was very odd hearing this from Ben but being that he is around the team each and every day I will take his words for truth.....Now with that begin said do I feel Cortland needs to turn around the way he handles himself on the field....YES, but all you have to do is watch the espn 60 report on him and that girl who had cancer to see who he really is. The rookies and youth really do turn to him for every question and follow his lead when it comes to behaving off the field.
    RealRam and Torry Holt like this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Well, stone cold, what we see on the field is OUR reality. Finnigan is getting his ass handed to him and he's still jawing. Just what is his skill actually? And what bar does he set for his teammates on the field then? What is the significance? Is he allowed to do what he does to cover up some other weakness on the team? It is obviously encouraged by the management.

This is not my first post on this topic, but I think it's important.

Be a pillar Mr. Finnigan.
    RamDez likes this.
    The break, don't bend offense.

citr92 is offline Registered User

considering the defense has the CBs way too far off the line, no wonder finnegan can't get near the ball, same for everyone else

mh-i is offline Registered User

I don't why these guys do it especially this dude who's been getting beat like a cheap rug all year long. He makes one play and he's a legend in his own mind again? Give me a break! I was ticked when Long was over celebrating, in my opinion, his sacks against the Seahawks second string tackles. It makes no sense. These guys should act like they've been there before. Celebrate after the TEAM wins especially if your team hasn't seen .500 since you've been here. You're getting paid millions to get those interceptions and sacks.

Head Slap is offline Registered User

Concur. His act is as tired as his game.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    I don't why these guys do it especially this dude who's been getting beat like a cheap rug all year long. He makes one play and he's a legend in his own mind again? Give me a break! I was ticked when Long was over celebrating, in my opinion, his sacks against the Seahawks second string tackles. It makes no sense. These guys should act like they've been there before. Celebrate after the TEAM wins especially if your team hasn't seen .500 since you've been here. You're getting paid millions to get those interceptions and sacks.
    I think every person who gets a sack does a celebration. A sack for a defensive linemen feels like a touchdown for the player. So you were ticked at long celebrating but not Robert Quinn? Personally I see nothing wrong with sack celebrations. Just blatant taunting like Golden Tate did. Other than that... I don't see what you're ticked about.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

This is the problem with guys who run their mouths and/or engage in chippy play. All is well and good when you're successful, but when you play poorly or your team loses, you look like just another big mouth jerk. Finnegan was celebrated when he was brought here because the Rams needed an infusion of toughness. To that end, I understood the move. But now he is just looks like a fool because his general play this season has been horrendous.

As for his 'solid" off-field persona", the guy could be Mother Teresa for all I know, but the guy we see on the field is the guy that is judged every Sunday.
    live4ramin likes this.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey
    As for his 'solid" off-field persona", the guy could be Mother Teresa for all I know, but the guy we see on the field is the guy that is judged every Sunday.
    Judged by us, that is.

If the organization sees him as a valuable asset, then that is the only reality. Personally, I think he's lost a step, either temporarily (injury) or permanently (age). So from my perspective, he needs to be replaced with a cheaper model next year. But I don't know what he does off the field, and ultimately, it's up to the organization to determine whether that's worth it or not.

His "schtik" may be wearing thin with us, but it may be nothing at all to the organization.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I think every person who gets a sack does a celebration. A sack for a defensive linemen feels like a touchdown for the player. So you were ticked at long celebrating but not Robert Quinn? Personally I see nothing wrong with sack celebrations. Just blatant taunting like Golden Tate did. Other than that... I don't see what you're ticked about.
    Quinn has twice as many sacks as long. Either way I don't get the individual celebration from players on a losing team. It rings hollow. Guys getting run over week in week out and when they finally do something they are getting paid great money to do they act like they just won the game when in fact they didn't win anything yet.
    live4ramin likes this.