Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Tired of hearing cash it in

Folks! This is preseason football. I am reading all around the net about how bad we are. Please stop!

Although things were not peachy and we have some areas of concern, all is not lost. We played last night with no full-back, no Pace and a first string offense that played 2 series and came away with points (less than what they played with Indy). A 1st string defense that played 2 series that surrendered 15 yards and no points and talk about pressure!!

This team is on a learning curve and it will take some time for the offense to click. If the defense keeps playing the way they have we will be fine. Things will come together on the other side of the ball. They just need time, to stay healthy and more snaps. I am hoping by next week they will be starting to play longer and inserting more of a game plan.

Don't cash it in folks. There was a lot of good that came out of this as well.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Tired of hearing cash it in

So Wraith, you are out reading other sites now. Why? Do you really care what they think?

Why does no one talk on this board? This place is so quiet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

agree Utter! Where is everyone? We seem to have a lot of readers lately and no opinions. We need some good ol' pot stirring :-)

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

This team is creating a chemistry and depth. When it comes to the regular season most if not all pieces of the puzzle will be in place. I was at the Cardinals vs Patriots preseason game last night and the Cards got smoked.
    The Cards are one of the teams the experts are looking at as one of the most improved teams. Well if Cards fans saw last nights game and took the same attitude some of the members of the Clan are taking with our beloved Rams there will be alot of suicide notes found today.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Pot stirring is always good.

I would have thought that more people had watched this game and could give us feedback, but all we are getting is the paid writers articles, a couple of posts from the Texans, and some comments from Denmark. It sounds like it was a fairly well matched game. I don't see any reason to be upset by this game. The Texans are going to be better this season and so are the Rams. The only thing that bothers me is our inability to score in the red zone.

Pass interference on Shaun McDonald makes me giggle.....

Klopfenstein jumping on loose balls speaks of good awareness.....

No Wilkins again. Money could have made a difference in this game.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maineram Guest

Couldn't get the game last night, so I must rely on those that did to find out good, bad, ugly. They are creating an identity on both sides of the ball. New systems, new players, will take awhile to gell. The biggest concern going into this year was the defense which looks like it's coming along pretty good, at least with the first stringers. Offense without pace & both fullbacks will cause problems everytime. No surprise the running game was effected. Sounds as though Bulger was off a bit in this game as well with a fare share of high throws, with Pace out, I'm sure he had to take a few extra peeks on that side, and the inexperienced TE's in to pick up blitzes probably had Marc with some pretty happy feet in the pocket. Starters should get a full half next week, hopefully those injured will return for the last dress rehersal before most of the starters are sat for the last preseason game. Roster cuts will weed out the deadwood as this years depth is decided. I'm taking a wait and see approach with these games as the identities on both sides of the ball are a work in progress.

Maineram - :l

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Its pre-season is absolutely right. The only thing I was really worried about was special teams. I will admit I did not like the red zone execution or lack there of by the Ist offence. I will chalk that up to learning a new system. Bulger also seemed to be a little off with his passes at times. His overthrows were stretching out the receivers luckily they were wide open or they would be dead right now. Im sure he will be alright though new system is roughest on the QB.

The defence is looking amazing and is all over these QB's and RB's Im seeing the gang tackling that the boys were known for with Lovie. They seem to have a swagger I like that on defence. The biggest improvement I have seen so far is the collapsing of the middle. The one weakness is TE's coming off the line and Rb's coming out the backfield. With all the blitzes the boys really need to watch that. I saw too many first downs on Carrs last drive. All in all though things are moving in the right direction.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Okay, you want to "stir the pot"? Here we go...

I recorded the game last night and watched it when I got home, and this is what I saw.

The negatives:

The first string offense looks mediocre, at best. However, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's due to a new system, lack of Pace and no fullbacks. But you gotta be concerned, doesn't that tell us something? The Rams cannot afford injuries because they don't have the personnel to overcome it. There have been no touchdowns for the #1 offense in two games, and stalling in the redzone is becoming a habit. Don't like what I see so far.

Untimely penalties last night and horrible special teams play. I can't believe that we can't put together a group of guys that can cover a stinking kickoff or punt. Year-after-year of the same nonsense. Numerous special teams coaches, changes in personnel and the same lousy results. Haslett talks about how fast our guys are on defense, but what I see are guys running in mud. Where are these guys Haslet talks about? It's got to be fixed before the season starts. Giving the opposition great starting position is like giving them a turnover.

The good;

Turk is bombing punts, great to see a kicker that can put some air under the ball. However, if the boys chasing the kick returners don't get ther arz down the field quicker, and tackle better, it makes no difference,

Swarming defense. Guys are swarming to the ball, and they're definitely more active than in past years under Marmie. I still afraid what a power running team will do against our front four though. :\

Better tackling. At least from the 1st team.

There's still plenty of time to get it right, so it's not time to panic. But some of these issues have got to be addressed or it will be another long season.

Go Rams.:r

Varg6 is offline Registered User

there is no need to give an explanation or thought to this at all.

It's as simple as this: Pre-Season.

That's all I'm saying. Texans could win all of their games in pre-season, and lose all of the regular season games. Simple as that.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    No Wilkins again. Money could have made a difference in this game.....
    There is no reason to have Wilkins in the game. We know he's good. He doesn't need the extra work. We don't want to get him hurt. Winning or losing the game doesn't matter. The health of the team is most important.

Remember last year was the same thing, we had Remy Hamilton replacing Jeff in the pre season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Folks! This is preseason football. I am reading all around the net about how bad we are. Please stop!

Although things were not peachy and we have some areas of concern, all is not lost. We played last night with no full-back, no Pace and a first string offense that played 2 series and came away with points (less than what they played with Indy). A 1st string defense that played 2 series that surrendered 15 yards and no points and talk about pressure!!

This team is on a learning curve and it will take some time for the offense to click. If the defense keeps playing the way they have we will be fine. Things will come together on the other side of the ball. They just need time, to stay healthy and more snaps. I am hoping by next week they will be starting to play longer and inserting more of a game plan.

Don't cash it in folks. There was a lot of good that came out of this as well.
    Cant agree more! very well said RW

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Pre-Season Week One, I said it here.

Pre-Season Week Two, you're saying it now.

I really hope we aren't going to have to do this for the next two weeks as well. People need to get a grip. :x
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I certainly was not too concerned about what happened last night. Some things to work on, but it's only one game and there was a lot that went well. All the backup QB's had good numbers, the TE's made some things happen, both punters looked great, Hagans looked more comfortable, Pyatt averaged 28.3 yards on his kickoff returns, and then there's Corey Chavous. For those that think we'll miss the hitting ability of Archuleta, think again because Chavous has shown he can be effective coming up to the line, on the blitz, and laying the wood. His hit on Carr was awesome. A SS that can cover AND make the big hit, imagine that.

rammiser is offline Registered User

ITS PRE-SEASON PEOPLE SETTLE DOWN! I havnt seent last night game yet but it's meaningless to worry about anything in preseason because even the veterans dont want to be out there. Someone said Bulger looked terrible going 7-13 for 86 yds. You have got to be kidding me right? Like I said these four games are meaningless for everyone except the scrubs and rookies the rest are just going through the motions. Sounds like there were a lot of key people missing last night i.e Pace. He is the anchor of the o-line and may have been the reason the o sputtered. I'm not worried about the offense I think they are fine. The starting d held their strating o to 15 yds and zero points now that's terrible(sarcasm). Come on, it's pre season and the only thing really to watch is how the youngsters progress. Other than than it's just a warm-up at full speed. Pre-season to me is an individual audition and I watch individuals. It's really about guys trying to make the team and the veterans staying healthy. Give it a rest on how bad things are, how can you tell by a couple of qtrs of work?
    Just Fix It

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

We will be just fine , Things will take time to come together It always does when things are new our team is no different , I'm fine where we are at right now ... We will get better as time goes on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast