Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rampingitup Guest

Tired of hearing how bad the NFC West is

It seems like every commentator on every show, website, and newspaper is just hammering and hammering and hammering on how much of a disaster the NFC West is and how much of a travesty it is that anyone should have to travel to meet the eventual winner of the division, who may not only not have a winning record, but have a losing one. While a few are being complimentary about how much the Rams have improved, and how remarkable a season Sam is having, it is getting continuously buried under this avalanche of BS about the division.

I remember in either 1985 or 86 that the Rams had a record of 11-5. Better than every single division champion of the AFC, and we didn't even get into the playoffs as a wild card! No screams of outrage then.

The Rams have done better than anyone ever dreamed they would this year. As someone pointed out in one of the other threads, most of us expected maybe 5 or 6 wins this season. We have seven and are in a position to win the division and go to the playoffs. So piss off to the national media and other so called "journalists, annalists, and commentators" go find a real job! We are going to enjoy the moment and support our team and they can go to #@!$

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: Tired of hearing how bad the NFC West is

I think all the SF and ARI fans are probably going to be rooting for the Rams next week so that the NFC West doesn't hold the dubious distinction of being the first to push through a 7-9 division winner.

Here's to hoping...

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

In the past decade NFC West had 4 Superbowl appearances.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I would say- and I say this respectfully- just deal with it. The West is a poor division, and there's no sugar coating it. It is inevitable that media, fans and everyone in between is going to rip the 4 teams in the division, especially when teams with better records within the conference don't make the playoffs. And I disagree about the "lack of outrage" when the Rams were 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs. There have been plenty of people ticked when that happens- it also happened to Denver, I believe, one season. When a team with a good record doesn't get in and a team with a mediocre one (or God forbid, a losing record) makes it, fans of that team are justified in being pissed.

That said, the Rams should apologize to no one. The system is what it is. They have an opportunity to do what no one thought they'd ever have a chance at doing this season, and that's earn a playoff berth. You know what? I'll be REALLY ticked if they don't win Sunday, because they're a better team than Seattle- there's no doubt in my mind. Now of course talk is cheap, and they must go out there and win it on the field, but the Rams deserve to be in this position.

JFMose is offline Registered User

We're not as strong as the other divisions this year...simple

molar_pistol Guest

the division is really bad though..if we lose to the seahawks this week they will make the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and host their first game. i can't imagine anyone in the nfl wants that, maybe they'll rig this one for us.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Better tell those journalist to re-evaluate their discussions regarding the worst divisions because the category would most likely fall to the AFC West with their lack of Super Bowl appearances since the Raiders lost to the Bucs.

Bosna-Ram Guest

If it were Jets, Cowboys, Eagles or Packers with 8 - 8 record going in to the playoffs no one would have problem with it. A lot of people know that who ever comes to St. Louis (if we win) will not have an easy ride.... NFC south teams know that Rams are tough team especially at home.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Really, I could car eless what they say about the Western Division. I remeber in 79, the rams were 6-7. We won out to finish 9-7 and there was quite a bit of talk similar to this then too.

BTW, We played (rather spiritedly I might add) in SB XIV.

When the playoffs start, everyone has the same record 0-0.

I have truly enjoyed this season and the intrigue of this Western prowess just adds to it. For us, this has been a great year that can only get better with a win next weekend. Nobody can take that away even with their petty indifference.

Rampingitup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I would say- and I say this respectfully- just deal with it. The West is a poor division, and there's no sugar coating it. It is inevitable that media, fans and everyone in between is going to rip the 4 teams in the division, especially when teams with better records within the conference don't make the playoffs. And I disagree about the "lack of outrage" when the Rams were 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs. There have been plenty of people ticked when that happens- it also happened to Denver, I believe, one season. When a team with a good record doesn't get in and a team with a mediocre one (or God forbid, a losing record) makes it, fans of that team are justified in being pissed.

That said, the Rams should apologize to no one. The system is what it is. They have an opportunity to do what no one thought they'd ever have a chance at doing this season, and that's earn a playoff berth. You know what? I'll be REALLY ticked if they don't win Sunday, because they're a better team than Seattle- there's no doubt in my mind. Now of course talk is cheap, and they must go out there and win it on the field, but the Rams deserve to be in this position.
    I am just frustrated with the fixation they have about it. And how they gloss over how improved we are. And as some of you might remember I am one of the people who pointed out how many SB teams have come from the "Weakest Division in the NFL" Whiners 5, Rams 3, Seattle 1, Arizona 1. Heck even the Saints were a NFC West team once. And I agree we should not have to apologize to anyone, and I wont.

Rampingitup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bosna-Ram View Post
    If it were Jets, Cowboys, Eagles or Packers with 8 - 8 record going in to the playoffs no one would have problem with it.
    I agree, just look at how fixated the media has been on "America's Team" all year while they get their buts kicked. There is no way around admitting that the NFL and the media have their darlings and all other teams take a back seat.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Every team begins the season with one common goal in mind. That is to win the Superbowl. In order to win or even be in the Superbowl a team has to qualify for the playoffs via wildcard or be their divison winner. Won/loss records only apply for these basic requirements.

It's not the fault of our RAMS the system is set up the way it is. It's not the fault of our RAMS that the Whiners have underachieved all season. It's not the fault of our RAMS that the Cardinals allowed so many key players to go find the money. It's not the fault of RAMS that the Seahawks haven't been able to rebuild as quickly as they'd like.

So the so called experts can say whatever they like as far as I'm concerned. Did I expect us to be in this position going into week 17? NO! What is it that they want us and our team to do? Apologize? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

I feel very lucky to have our team in the playoff hunt. I wasn't expecting this until next season. TA! DA! Guess what NFL here we are like it or not!

GO RAMS!!!!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

It's not our fault the rest of the division sucks ..... good, we'll win it by 5 games next year.

They should give Warner the NFL MVP this year 'cause of how far the Tards fell w/out him.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Rams need to keep winning and at the same time have the naughty finger up..

Winning is the magic cure-all. It silences critics, it quiets unrest, it brings money power and success. People can talk all day but if you win then they have nothing but good things to say.

And yes im aware i just rhymed.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Guys,,, come on, the west is the worst division in the league. Its true so why deny it.

The Seahawks have been raped by every team other than the west except the Rams who raped them too.

The Cards flat out suck.

The ninnies are the favorites to win the division and they are eliminated in disgrace. Head coach and Gm relieved of duties.

The only shinny spot in the west is this 1-15 team that, led by a rookie QB and a fearsome Defense has come from nowhere to lead this rag tag bunch of losers.

Bottom line, The Rams win the division at 8-8 and get a playoff spot. The rest of the league needs to deal with it too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast