Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Tired of looking forward to the draft

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Tired of looking forward to the draft

Anyone else?

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Tired of looking forward to the draft

No. I like football. The more the betterer. Even if we won the Super Bowl I'd be excited for the Draft.
    Richbert88 likes this.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Much as DE_ said, the draft is just another phase of what has become year-round American Football.

What I get tired of is the "fans" who will start complaining if the team wins anymore games because it will hurt our draft position.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

BM_Face is online now Registered User

I also love the draft, but I do not start obsessing until near the end of the season. There is still half a season of football to play for goodness sake. Draft schmaft, I want my team to win!
    OldSchoolRamFan likes this.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I like the draft. What I'm tired of is looking forward to top 10-15 draft picks because we had a lousy season the year before.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

I could care less about the draft at this point. I love the Rams but that is also because I love the game of football. Like BM_Face said, there's still half a season of football left and then playoff football. While I'm resigned to the fact that we won't make the playoffs...anything can happen and even if we happen to be 3 - 12 going into the last game of the season, I will still don my Rams gear and enjoy. I'm just as tired of the complaints from those "tired of looking forward to the draft" as those that are "tired of looking forward to the draft."
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Considering we just made one of the biggest trades in NFL history how could you not be excited about the up coming draft. We are the youngest team in the NFL for a reason, it's by design. Can't wait to see what the next pieces to be added are.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I love the draft. Its an oasis in the middle of a long offseason, and allows every team to hope and dream for the future.

I think what you meant to say is that you are tired of feeling like, after only 8 games, the Rams have nothing to look forward to other than the draft. In light of Bradford's injury, I can understand that sentiment. Nonetheless, I still look forward to the remainder of the season.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Draft, free agency, Combine, mini-camps, the season (even losing) ............... I like it all. I am grateful and frustrated by the fact that I live in NorCAL, because if I lived in the St Louis area, the Rams organization may have to get a restraining order to keep me away, and I'd never get anything else accomplished.
    Semper Fi!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I like the draft. What I'm tired of is looking forward to top 10-15 draft picks because we had a lousy season the year before.
    Which I think the OP was implying. I, too, am tired of these guaranteed top 10 picks, where, subsequently, we are always looking toward a better time; the future. I do think, however, that this season still has some surprises in store (good or bad) and I don't think it's quite time just yet to be thinking of how low or high our draft position is. Had we consistently looked how we did in Dallas, I'd say otherwise.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

It would be nice just as once to look forward to the draft after a winning season.

We'll see that eventually. I just hope this is the last time our pick will be in the Top 15

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I get what the implied meaning is here, but I still consider the NFL Draft a national holiday and as a kid would cut school to go to the hotel in Manhattan where it was being held. Looking at the Rams draft picks over the past 10-15 years prior to the current regime it is easy to say why bother. But this FO has a strategy that I like and they treat the draft seriously. Not that other regimes didn't, they simply felt they could outsmart other teams by looking for "diamonds in the rough".

So I like to anticipate what the Rams will do and hope they find the right players for our system and they stay healthy and get us back to the Super Bowl. I'm confident that will happen. My interest level kicks in after Jan 15th when the underclassmen declare so we know what the draft pool looks like. Until then its watch college games and find the players you hope we select, making you feel like a genius.

Go Rams!
    Rambos likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I get what the implied meaning is here, but I still consider the NFL Draft a national holiday and as a kid would cut school to go to the hotel in Manhattan where it was being held. Looking at the Rams draft picks over the past 10-15 years prior to the current regime it is easy to say why bother. But this FO has a strategy that I like and they treat the draft seriously. Not that other regimes didn't, they simply felt they could outsmart other teams by looking for "diamonds in the rough".

So I like to anticipate what the Rams will do and hope they find the right players for our system and they stay healthy and get us back to the Super Bowl. I'm confident that will happen. My interest level kicks in after Jan 15th when the underclassmen declare so we know what the draft pool looks like. Until then its watch college games and find the players you hope we select, making you feel like a genius.

Go Rams!
    That's pretty cool you'd "cut school" to go watch it live! I liked it better on a Saturday morning rather than at night during the week.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I enjoy the draft almost as much as the season and in some cases, moreso. Particularly because over the last decade, that's pretty much all we've had to look forward to by mid-season.

punahou is offline Registered User

I love the draft-- it's like real life Madden onn Xbox/Playstation.

It's my replacement Superbowl for the past decade.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast