Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Tired of Negative threads.

Im tired of all these negative posts, Bulger cant this and Bulger cant that. Jackson dances too much and cant stay healthy. Best of all Long is full of himself and too slow, ENOUGH!

So I'm gonna go positive here.

Secondary, I'm excited to see Atogwe,Butler,Bartell and even Hill in action. I can't wait to see them take the field with a new attitude installed by our new coaching staff. I want to see how Atogwe fairs when the guy next to him who isnt a step behind every play. I want to see Bartell continue his growth as a rising star at corner. I can't wait to see how Hill performs for his new coching staff.

LB's, what can I say we are getting bigger and younger. Spoon goes to a position I think he will be a bigger force at. James L. comes in and hopefully is ready to take the reigns in the middle of this defense. Draft is a solid and consistant veteran who can help along some of the young guys as well.

D-line, I can't wait to see how they perform in Spags defense. Moving around and rotating in and out and keeping the offenses guessing. Spags seems to get the best out of his d-line and we have some young and coachable defensive lineman. Carriker I think will benefit the most because I bet just seeing how spags uses d-lineman that Cariker will get action and dt and de in certain situations. Our de's will be rotated in and out of the lineup keeping them fresh for tight games in the 4th qtr.

O-line, anyone who isnt excited that Bulger might actually stay upright and Jackson will get some good running lanes isnt a Rams fan. I cannot wait to see what combination of lineman we end up using as our starting front. I'm getting excited just thinking about the Rams as a run first power team, SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL.

Wr's, sure a lot of unknown guys here but sometimes youth and excitement is a good thing to infuse an offense. Avery coming into his own and learing the west coast is exciting. Burton, I'm ready to see what this guy can do when healthy. Youth movement in full effect.

Te's, Mcmichael is back and Daniel fells may also infuse some excitement at the te position. TE is a very important position in the west coast, I can't wait.

Rb's, most of us know what Jackson can do and now he actually has a real fullback, SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL.

QB, Bulger is a good accurate qb when provided time to throw the ball. I think the west coast is a perfect fit for both him and Jackson. With Jacksons pass catching skills it will make for a very exciting year. No more super long developing routes down after down. No more out route down after down. Bulger will actually get a chance to throw the ball and manage the west coast offense.

I am looking forward to competitive football where my Rams actually show up wanting to play. I'm not saying we will make the playoffs or go undefeated but I am ready to see the fire come out that Spags is infusing in them. Please lets get back to being Rams fans and not bitter nitpicking bandwagon fans with nothing better to do but bring negativity to the board about any and every player on the team.

Just Fix It

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Re: Tired of Negative threads.

I think the negativity is pretty hilarious. Sure it's cool understandable to be cautiously optimistic and even have doubts about a few things, but to just outright hate on everything this team is doing is just too funny.
    I'm down to hear what concerns people out there, but please how about some constructive criticism.

dpier1mc is offline Registered User

1. i hope buger will be able to lead his tagets so we get more yac's--this is key in
    wc offense.
    2. who (stanley?) will run the az hakim "autograph model " slants?

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Were going to have a good season. I figure we'll end up in second place behind the Cards. The Niners are overrated. Third for them. The Hawks are finished.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

We've heard and read their names, we've seen their stats and some of them we've even seen play.

The players are over-hyped or under-rated, the over-achieve or suck, depending on one's personal opinions.

I jut want to see them play. We know nothing about how they will work as a team until they get between the white lines and face triumphs and adversities together and either jell into a solid unit or fracture and fall apart.

The season cannot start too soon.

>8)
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree that there is some cause for initial optimism, but that is based on the incredibly low bar that we have set over the last two years.

I think some of the negativity raises very reasonable and rationale points of view. If people dont like the negative threads, they are free to not read them.

Rams fans on this board have an equal right to be negative as they do positive. Thats what the board is about.

If we do better, it will be in large part because we have better talent, starting with a much improved offensive line. I dont think that the Rams are going to want to win more because we have a different coach or that spagnuolo is a magic bullet for anything. You dont win a total of five games in two years by being a talented underachieving team.

We have taken some positive steps in the offseason. Lets see how it plays out on the field. For now, my best advice to everyone on this board is to pray hard that we make it through training camp and preseason healthy because if we dont, its going to be another incredibly long and painful season.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    we'll end up in second place behind the Cards.
    I wouldn't be so fast to crown them champions just yet! Yeah they are decent on paper, but they will have a bullseye on them. What about SB hangover? Controversy at QB? Another team in the west can easily creep up on them and I say it's us!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I agree that there is some cause for initial optimism, but that is based on the incredibly low bar that we have set over the last two years.

I think some of the negativity raises very reasonable and rationale points of view. If people dont like the negative threads, they are free to not read them.

Rams fans on this board have an equal right to be negative as they do positive. Thats what the board is about.

If we do better, it will be in large part because we have better talent, starting with a much improved offensive line. I dont think that the Rams are going to want to win more because we have a different coach or that spagnuolo is a magic bullet for anything. You dont win a total of five games in two years by being a talented underachieving team.

We have taken some positive steps in the offseason. Lets see how it plays out on the field. For now, my best advice to everyone on this board is to pray hard that we make it through training camp and preseason healthy because if we dont, its going to be another incredibly long and painful season.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Appreciate the post Rammiser, very fresh and well done ...

Yes, everybody has a right to their opinion, whether positive or negative. But this is the NFL people, the ultimate parity league. All you have to do is go back to 1999 to see this. We were the laughing stock of the NFL for the 1990's. From 1999-2002, we were one of the most feared teams of all-time ...

All it takes is a piece or two to get the ship righted and headed towards the glory land. To be negative, solely because of what happened over the past two years, under a completely different regime, is just as absurd as prediciting that we will win the Super Bowl this year ....

You've got to look at it year to year. Talent separation in this league is very small from team to team. Coaching makes a huge difference. You've got to have motivated players, and have someone that can recognize the strengths and weaknesses, and put them in positions to succeed. Without this regime, you have the St. Louis Rams of the past two years. With this regime, you have a N.Y. Giants team that baffled the N.E. Patriots and won the Super Bowl. Nobody in their right mind would think that the Giants has better football players. But they were the better TEAM, and by team, I am taking Front Office down to the water boys ...

I am optimistic going in the season. I have no reason not to be. Fresh players, fresh attitudes, fresh coaching staff, fresh dome, fresh competition, fresh season. What is not to like?

eldfan is offline Registered User

I like to read both kids of posts as long as they are base on sound logic. If someone makes a valid point on a post that is critical, whatís wrong with that? If they have an upbeat post and has a logical point on why they are high on the team or players, I would love to read it. What I donít like are posts that reads the Rams is going 16-0 this season with no sound reason to believe that will take place, or the Rams are going 0-16 with no sound reason why we canít win a game.
    Last edited by eldfan; -06-15-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    :ramlogo:

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I'm just nervous about the D-line and the receivers. Spags had one of the best defensive lines in the NFL with the giants the past 2 years. Your team is going to get a lot of pressure on the QB if you have Osi Umenyora, Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, Fred Robbins and Mathias Kiwanuka on your defensive line. The receivers are also very young and very inexperienced which is scary.

But overall as long as Steven Jackson stays healthy I think the Rams will be alright this year.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Maybe I should have been more clear in my post. You are right people are entitled to their opinion. I think I am talking about negative posts that have no proof or substance to back them up. For instance Someone saying Chris Long is all about himself??? Very negative and really has no basis for this statement. Same thing with some of the Jackson negativity like when he missed some voluntary camp people were chastising him before knowing why he missed it. I think we have hashed over the Bulger arguement 1000 times here, how about something fresh for a change. Sure, people who want to be negative about something fine but have some reasoning behind it. Not just some empty statement like Bulger sucks. I think that is really what I was trying to say. Putting a little thought and research behind your posts isnt very difficult.
    Just Fix It

Rammiser, i agree completely with your last post. Posts that are not backed up with facts, logic and/or informed opinions are very tiring and non-productive, regardless of whether they are positive or negative. Implicit in my view that everyone has a right to their opinion is that they be prepared to back up that opinion with something more than "Well, thats my opinion and i am entitled to it."

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Each year, when the new season draws near, I anticipate a new beginning for our team and I'm anxious to get the thing going, and I can't wait to see what the team has to offer.

This year is no different. Yes, they have a long road to climb. Yes, there are a lot of unanswered questioned this year. And yes, once again I can't wait, and I as each day brings opening day closer, I feel more and more optimistic that this year the Rams will turn it around.

But this year, I feel a surprise in store for many of us. As I look at the roster, and see the changes the new staff have made, I'm getting more and more optimisic about this new season. I am still concerned about the DLine, but I cannot wait to watch this offense in action. I think this line and the new FB will blow holes in opposing defenses and Jax will set new personal bests. I really do.

...and do not underestimate what a little time will do for Bulger and the "kids" at WR. Not to mention, as Rammiser pointed out, how McMichael and Fells will do in this new offense. I expect a good, no.... a great year from these guys.

It's easy to pick on the things that may go wrong when your team has performed the way ours has recently, and I've had my doubts, but I'm getting a feeling that we're in for a pleasant surprise this season. No, it's not based on stats, insider knowledge, or any real proof. But I'm starting to really like what I see, and the direction we're going in is definitely UP.

I sincerly hope that other teams on our schedule take the 2009 Rams as lightly as the so-called "experts" have when evaluating this team.

...and when the 2009 Rams new offense bulldozes it's way into the endzone, the other team will be left to wonder one thing...

"what the hell just happened?"

GO RAMS
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

First of all, welcome dpier1mc to the clan.

[/quote] If we do better, it will be in large part because we have better talent, starting with a much improved offensive line. I dont think that the Rams are going to want to win more because we have a different coach or that spagnuolo is a magic bullet for anything. You dont win a total of five games in two years by being a talented underachieving team.[/quote]

Not entirely true. I can think of about three or four games that Scott Linehan almost without a doubt lost for us. (Not that I'm trying to turn this into a Linehan bashing thread.)

Anyways, I agree with the overall theme of this thread. Things have been bad enough for us Rams fans for long enough. There's no need to add fuel to the fire unless you have some facts to back i up.

I would love to hear the description of the three or four games that Linehan (who i by the way am no fan of) "lost" for us. Specifically, i would love to see a film of linehan missing all the blocks on the offensive line or failing to make countless tackles on the field. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people are to blame the coach when things go bad but dont give the coach credit when teams win games.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast