Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

tired of saying our record is luck...

i'm sick and tired of analysts and even people on this site posting that we are a lucky team. People saying oh the rams are lucky instead of being 4-1, we could be 1-4... I say that is a complete crock of crap. Listen turnovers happen in crunch time situations all the time. So many examples to choose from:

2000 playoffs against New Orleans-Rams originally down what 31-7with 13:00 to go in the fourth quarter, Rams come all the way back to make the score 31-28 with 1:24 left in the game. Saints punting the ball to azhakim and he fumbles the ball, ending the rams season. Lucky for the saints or just the way a football game goes???

the Rams against the redskins in 2002- Rams down 17-20 with 30 seconds to go on the skins 11 yard line. skins dial up a blitz and lavar arrington sacks warner he fumbles, the rams lose... is that bad luck or just football???

THERE ARE SO MANY MORE EXAMPLES I COULD WRITE BUT I THINK THOSE 2 PLAYS SUM IT ALL UP. WHAT I'M TRYING TO PROVE PEOPLE IS THAT, WEIRD PLAYS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME IN THE NFL. IT JUST HAPPENS, ITS NOT LUCK, ITS FOOTBALL...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: tired of saying our record is luck...

The harder we play, the luckier we'll get.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

4-1 is not luck.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The record does include some lucky plays, which is good for us. These nail biting close finishes are building team confidence to keep up the intensity for all 60 minutes and to believe they can win any game. Bulger seems to be very relaxed and focused. He does get rattled at all.

It would be nice to have a game like the Bears or Jags had today. Maybe will have a big blowout one of these weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think all good teams also have to have some luck as well. Just part of the game. A win is a win, and I'll take it any way we can come by it.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Country Guest

The Rams have beat some bad teams to get to 4-1, so their are going to be doubters for sure. This week against Seattle will be a big test. If the Rams can beat the Seahwaks then I think their record is for real. Their has to be improvement though. A game against Green Bay should be a blow out if you want to be thought of as a contender.

SFCRamFan Guest

We just seem to never give up, even when it seems that the defense is on their heels. We are creating these turnovers, after all.

"You've got to be in a position for luck to happen. Luck doesn't go around looking for a stumblebum." --Darrell Royal from the Football Book of Wisdom

general counsel is offline Registered User

We will find out next sunday if we are for real. We have been lucky, thats a fact. But sometimes, its better to be lucky than good. A win is a win and thats that. Seattle is a game we need to win at home if we want to win the division. It was the loss at home to seattle last year after the mcdonald fumble on the punt that started the season going down the toilet. If we win this game, we are on our way to a very special season and a great shot at the west division title.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

We've had luck on our side and against us, it all evens out.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

All game winners 3 in a row!!! That is luck!!! These are bad teams we beat. I know that some here are very sensitive to hear this. It doesn't mean we are not a good team, that is yet to be seen. It means we are lucky and who knows when it will run out. Its good to be excited about 4-1, but to be honest we should be 5-0!!! We make bad teams look good. Hopefully this being said the Defense that we saw week 1 and the redzone efficient offense will show and we can display the Ram team we are capable of being and wrap up this division early!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Luck is the residue of hard work?

I agree that the Rams are fortunate to be 3-1 and realistically might could be 4-0 if they had bothered to show up for the Frisco game.

Beating almost anybody on the road is a difficult chore at best in the NFL, even though the odds makers only seen to grant any home teanm about a 3pt benefit.

I'l ltake wins anywhere I can find them and cherish road victories al that much more.

There are very few teams in the NFL which are noticeably better than the rest what with free agency and salary caps, it is more often taking advantage of opportunities given said team during the progress of a game and the ability to keeping the first stringers healthy enough to play.

Here's to continued improvement and durability!

RnD

GO RAMS!!

It was put like this (regarding luck) on the radio, I think:

Luck in sports is working hard for opportunity and when it presents itself executing it effectively. (Because if you are not capable of executing it, it won't happen!)
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

It would be funny even baffling if we could continue to win in this fashion through out the regular season, the playoffs, and finally the superbowl. Winning on game winning fumble recoveries. Nah now I'm being silly, what an imagination huh! Make an interesting movie where all the players have either an eye missing or some handicap. LOL
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

Large_Ant Guest

Get used to it. We went through all of last year with everyone explaining every week why we had been successful the week before and why we wouldn't be the next. A wise man once said (and I believe it was Parcells) "You are what your record says you are; nothing more, nothing less."

I tend to agree with that. The fact that Warner has butterfingers says that the Cardinals weren't the better team that day. If they were, they wouldn't have given the game away. So be it. If the other teams were that good, they wouldn't have been in the position to lose it so easily.

I don't think the 4-1 is a fluke at all. In fact, I think it's irrelevant. The question isn't "Do you deserve to be where you are now", the question is "Can you stay there until the end of the season."

There are no playoff spots awarded for best week 5 record.

coy bacon Guest

"In the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is king."

We've barely managed to beat bad teams. I'd say we're unlucky, or that we're not that good, yet.

But that sprig of hope has been watered; Jimmy K, outperformed OK! And everybody's got to give Bulger a wheelbarrow o' credit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast