PHAT-MONEY Guest

Titans' Bell at top of Rams' list on offensive line

Titans' Bell at top of Rams' list on offensive line
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    03/01/2008

With Pittsburgh guard Alan Faneca off to the New York Jets thanks to a free-agent contract averaging a reported $8 million a year, the Rams have turned their sights on Tennessee’s Jacob Bell.

Bell, the Titans’ starting left guard for three of the past four seasons, is scheduled to pay a free-agent visit to Rams Park on Monday. A bit undersized at 6-4, 295 pounds, Bell is an athletic, technically sound blocker who turns 27 on Sunday. Bell and Indianapolis’ Jake Scott are widely considered the best guards in this year’s free agency pool other than Faneca.

Meanwhile, it looks like the Rams are about to lose strongside linebacker Brandon Chillar in free agency. According to league sources, Chillar is scheduled to visit Arizona on Monday, and the Cardinals are expected to make a strong bid to sign him on the spot. If he somehow gets out of Arizona without a contract, Green Bay wants him to visit. Chillar has been a full-time starter the past two years in St. Louis, registering a career-high 85 tackles in 2007.

In another move, the Rams have completed their coaching staff with the hiring of assistant strength and conditioning coach Chuck Faucette. Faucette has had past stints as a strength coach with the University of Texas and Southern Methodist University. He played linebacker for Rams’ offensive coordinator Al Saunders in the late 1980s when Saunders was head coach of the San Diego Chargers.

jthomas@post-dispatch.com | 314-340-8197

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Titans' Bell at top of Rams' list on offensive line

Chillar isn't Calvin Pace thats for sure. I'm not in love with him in 3-4 or being a Tard for that matter. I'd rather see him in Packer uniform, but if the Tards want to drastically overpay and waste money they should be our guest

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Bell is a great young guard I don't think we should let him slip away without a reasonable contract before he moves on to other teams.

Mooselini Guest

Good news about Faucette. Maybe we dont die in the second half any more.

I'm glad we're pursuing Bell. Lets just hope we get Chris Long in the draft.

Im afraid were going to be playing quite a bit of our former players in division rival teams this season...

Wolf Guest

I think we will hold Bell hostage. I feel he will leave with a contract. *knock on wood*

PHAT-MONEY Guest

WE didint Let Will Leave 3 years ago, And He Ended Up A ram. If Things Go Right Then Jacob Will Be A Ram By Monday Night.

AlphaRam Guest

Last I saw, we have a left guard named Setterstrom. Unfortunately, he went down in the Tampa Bay game this year with a knee injury. He only got to start three games the year before when Linehan pulled Timmerman (who was playing with three busted ribs).

We need a backup QB, a #2 receiver (Bennett ain't it), a replacement for "False Start" Barron, and some D-line people that can exert some pressure.

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Last I saw, we have a left guard named Setterstrom. Unfortunately, he went down in the Tampa Bay game this year with a knee injury. He only got to start three games the year before when Linehan pulled Timmerman (who was playing with three busted ribs).

We need a backup QB, a #2 receiver (Bennett ain't it), a replacement for "False Start" Barron, and some D-line people that can exert some pressure.
    I think Bell would start over Setterstorm. Have him be a back up. We need to think of a good back up squad too.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I like Scott. At the least, Bell comes in and there is a competition at LG. Whatever, last year we thought we had some depth, then Stuessie got hurt, Romberg gets injured, Setterstrom goes down and Dirt Claude gets even stupider than he started out and, boom, no OL. Hell, get both these guys.

OL = Pace Bell, Cogs, Scott, Barron, Romberg, Setterstrom, Fry and a rookie OT or Stuessie..........I can find optimism there.
    Semper Fi!

Rambos is offline Registered User

backup QB= Trent Green
    #2 receiver = 2nd round draft pick
    replacement for "False Start" Barron= Jake Long
    D-line people that can exert some pressure=FA Antwan Odom

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-02-2008, 01:27 AM