THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Titans promote two Rams GM Candidates/PFT

Per ProFootballTalk

The Tennessee Titans are changing things up in their front office, with three promotions announced today.

Mike Reinfeldt has been promoted to Senior Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer after five seasons as the Titans’ General Manager. Ruston Webster has been promoted to Executive Vice President/General Manager after two seasons as the Titans’ Vice President of Player Personnel. And Lake Dawson has been promoted from Vice President of Football Operations to Vice President of Player Personnel.

The promotion means Reinfeldt will oversee all aspects of the organization, not just football operations but and non-football operations, and only Titans owner Bud Adams will be ahead of Reinfeldt on the corporate depth chart. Webster will take on more day-to-day football operations responsibilities.

“Mike has done a nice job for us as our general manager, but I believe we need someone in place who oversees the entire franchise there in Nashville,” Adams said in a statement released by the team. “Mike is uniquely qualified for that position with his previous experience. Our VP’s have done an outstanding job over the past couple of years managing their departments, but this will streamline things to have someone on site to direct the entire organization and who will execute things the way I want them done.”
    Don't know what this means for our GM search. Maybe Lake Dawson would like the promotion of GM more, considering now that Webster was just promoted, Dawson has a ways to go before he will ever see the GM chair in Tennessee. We'll see. Thought I would update you all on this development, since I know many have assumed we would be getting a Titans exec to pair with Fisher.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Titans promote two Rams GM Candidates/PFT

They could have done this to keep Ruston Webster around, as he is now the GM. But I think Lake Dawson would still jump at the chance to move to a GM position, especially seeing as how he is essentially the no. 3 in Tennessee.

However, the fact they did this may be enough to convince Lake to stay there.