Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Titus Young Claimed By Rams Off Waivers

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: Titus Young Claimed By Rams Off Waivers

I like this signing.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Future HOFer - check. Better than Calvin Johnson - check. Designs his own plays - check. Calls audibles at the line of scrimmage - check.

What else could you ask for in a WR?

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I really don't know much about this guy. Well, tbh, I thought he was a pure reach when the Lions took him in the second round but no matter. Does anyone have an accurate scouting report on Mr. Megatron ll?

I know he is supposed to be fast and all; but, of course, there are a lot of guys that fit that description every draft cycle. Is there anything this guy does ( besides cold cocking his fellow teammates) that would help us to define him as a football player and not yet another insufferable punk?

Heh!! Do I get the "Most Positive Post" of the day award now?
    he's far more than just fast. He's very similar to Dasean Jackson, great lateral quickness, tons of speed, great in open space, and good hands. He's also a good punt returner(something we could clearly use).

Talent obviously isn't the issue hear because Young has plenty of it.

I just don't understand how anyone couldn't like this move. If he acts like an idiot we cut him. if he doesn't he's probably the most talented receiver on our roster.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Lions fan take

Ink is not even dry on the Titus Young. The Rams picked up a quality Receiver. Shame on the Lions for not even willing to settle with Titus Young.
    I watched Titus play live and he has clutch hands and excellent speed. The Rams got a gold mine. Goog luck to Titus. I look forward to Titus coming to Detroit as a Ram. The Rams have a quality QB with the addition of Titus Young to their receiving core, the Rams got a gift. No need to draft a quality receiver when you can welcome a quaility receiver. Titus, sorry things could not work out in Detroit. I hope you find yourself in St. Louis.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

The kid can play no doubt about that!

And I really do not see any downside to the move.

Sometimes kids like him just need some fixed boundries and a leader who is in control. Something that I believe Fisher is, to a much higher degree than Schwartz who cannot even control himself. (Nor Suh). And if Young keeps being a fool we will just kick him out no harm done.... I like this move alot!

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    I heard chris carter say he was drafted by the eagles and was a knucklehead for 2yrs and got cut. Then the vikings picked him up and the rest is history, (8 time pro bowler, HOFer)! Hopefully he can follower the same suite. He is undeniably our #1 reciever if he keeps his nose clean. I see nothinng but positve coming from this. And i like that he thinks he is better than megatron... I hope fisher tells him to PROVE IT!! GO RAMS

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    he's far more than just fast. He's very similar to Dasean Jackson, great lateral quickness, tons of speed, great in open space, and good hands. He's also a good punt returner(something we could clearly use).

Talent obviously isn't the issue hear because Young has plenty of it.

I just don't understand how anyone couldn't like this move. If he acts like an idiot we cut him. if he doesn't he's probably the most talented receiver on our roster.
    Because we are bringing a cancer into a locker room full of guys with colorful pasts. We don't need him and his spoiled brat routine stirring anything up with some of these younger guys. And lets not act like this is the same as signing Jerry Rice. He has some potential, but he hasn't proven anything in this league yet. If it works out then great. But he could just as easily poison the locker room and bring some other guys down with him. Yes, Jeff Fisher has a history of dealing with these kinds of players. I just don't want this team turning into what Tennessee became towards the end of his tenure there - constantly full of off field and locker room drama with all the Pacman Jones' and Vince Youngs of the world.

Admittedly I am probably coming off a little dramatic. And I don't totally hate the move as it could add a nice weapon to our offense where we desperately need one. I just really think this kid is a jackass and I don't want him screwing anything up.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Interesting pick, I honestly doubt he'll be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice. And that Lions team was a mess in terms of discipline. This should be a low risk, high reward signing.
    Rambos likes this.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Upon further review: Imagine for a moment Young lining up on one side of the field and Chris Givens on the other. We send them both on #9 patterns, who is the defense gonna double?

And, if the defense rolls both safetys over the top that leaves Brian Quick and Lance Kendricks working the middle of the field one on one.

This just might be fun if Titus the Turd keeps it together...

WHAT SAY YE?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

As I ruminate over this addition, the following thought occurs to me...

What if it was the Seahawks, rather than the Rams, who acquired Young?

To be perfectly honest, I'd probably be predicting doom and gloom, while at the same time dreading the possibility that Young would reach his potential playing for a rival.

So... I guess what I'm saying is... if he's going succeed, I'm glad it will be as a Ram. If he fails, no harm, no foul.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It takes a special kind of jerk to intentionally sabotage your team by lining up at the wrong spot. That's not being a knucklehead, that's being a petulant little... word that, if I were to use it, would force me to edit my own post.

Still, this is a low risk move - the Rams can simply cut him if he continues to act a fool - with the potential for high reward if somehow he gets it together. I'm not a fan of his, but I agree with Av that it's nice to see the front office being proactive to try and address the need.
    Basically that's it....take a risk, cut him if he gets off the chain and can't show any maturity whatsoever. Doesn't cost the Rams much of anything and maybe he turns it around and grows up. If not, pfffttt...he's gone and a case study of how second chances have limits to other guys on the roster who are already familiar with "second chances."

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Lions fan take
    That sounds like Titus' Mom or family member there. No matter how it turns out with the Rams and Young, that was a lot of crap as Young "earned" his way off the Lions by his own actions.

Truck is offline Registered User

I don't see a downside to this, if he is trouble in camp/preseason we cut him loose. Otherwise we have a player who is definately talented, who just witnessed last year that your coach will sit your ass and make you run stairs no matter how good you were the week before when you step out of line, and who might be crazy but will have to see that we are the only team that claimed him, and if he can't make anything happen here, he won't make it anywhere else in league.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Hey, Richie, do you have any thoughts on this guy?

Incognito: That dude is f&#@$d up in the head!

Well, thanks for that assessment.
    Two words for you, Richie.

Kettle
    Skillet

gap

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

When I saw earlier Young had been let go, I had a feeling that Fisher would make a play for a talent like Young. He is a text book Jeff Fisher signing, with a healthy premium on the talent front. He is a low risk, high reward addition to the roster, and when you factor in Fisher's ability to work with difficult players. I really do like the Rams chances on this signing. Nice work FO.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.