Re: Titus Young Claimed By Rams Off Waivers

bye bye Brandon Gibson or Danny

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Also, craig dahl still sucks.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SportsDude View Post
    Gibson, maybe. But Young and Amendola are two different receivers.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is offline Registered User

Let's be honest -- Titus Young is wearing his NFL career thin but the Rams could use any energy on offense. This may be his last chance to play in the NFL, because if he can't play for Fisher, he can't play for most. I would say 75% chance he doesn't get through all 16 games w/o issues, but Fisher can hold the power from day 1 over his head....

Let's just pretend he isn't on the roster, and anything from him is an added bonus... -- Richtree
    No doubt Coach Fisher and the Rams FO have followed this logic as the driving motive behind adding TY to a possible Rams roster. That's all it is, a 'maybe' that is offered to this kid as an opportunity for him to take advantage of, as in gauging if he'll even be smart enough to make it a reality.

I didn't know much about Young at all but I do now after reading of his antics in this thread.

I expect that most Rams players -- ha!, including the likes of JJenkins -- will give good advice to the turmoiled mentality of Titus Young. We'll see then if TY snaps out of the punk and listens into a player.

PROFILE OF A SMALL POTENTIAL (at this point)...

Height: 5-11 Weight: 174 Age: 23
    Born: 8/21/1989 Los Angeles , CA
    College: Boise State
    Experience: 2nd season
    Last edited by RealRam; -02-05-2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Profile

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SportsDude View Post
    this changes absolutely nothing about Danny or Gibson free agent status or our draft plans and if they include us taking a receiver.

Young is a wild card. We have a smart gm and coach they won't pin our WR hopes on him. Basically we signed him to see if he's worth giving a shot and if he calms down and fulfills his talent so be it. That being said we aren't going to let go of talented players hoping that Young grows up or pass on talented draftees for the same reason.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Because we are bringing a cancer into a locker room full of guys with colorful pasts. We don't need him and his spoiled brat routine stirring anything up with some of these younger guys. And lets not act like this is the same as signing Jerry Rice. He has some potential, but he hasn't proven anything in this league yet. If it works out then great. But he could just as easily poison the locker room and bring some other guys down with him. Yes, Jeff Fisher has a history of dealing with these kinds of players. I just don't want this team turning into what Tennessee became towards the end of his tenure there - constantly full of off field and locker room drama with all the Pacman Jones' and Vince Youngs of the world.

Admittedly I am probably coming off a little dramatic. And I don't totally hate the move as it could add a nice weapon to our offense where we desperately need one. I just really think this kid is a jackass and I don't want him screwing anything up.
    please name one team who you thought dang they suck because they have too many bad apples? This rarely ever happens and yet everyone gets their panties all in a bunch when a troubled player is brought along.

Teams lose nearly always because they lack talent. Signing Young isn't going to change the entire dynamic of our team. Even if he is a problem he'll get cut before it gets to that.

Sometimes I wonder if the four pillars thing has been brainwashed into peoples minds? The Ravens just won the Super Bowl with a gang of "troubled" players and the ***** have quite a few as well. There likely isn't one NFL locker room that doesn't feature multiple headcases, divas or troubled players. I just think the issue gets way overblown.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mcpeepants232003 View Post
    This changes absolutely nothing about Danny or Gibson free agent status or our draft plans and if they include us taking a receiver.

Young is a wild card. We have a smart gm and coach they won't pin our WR hopes on him. Basically we signed him to see if he's worth giving a shot and if he calms down and fulfills his talent so be it. That being said we aren't going to let go of talented players hoping that Young grows up or pass on talented draftees for the same reason.
    'Absolutely correct sir.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

The posted highlight reel looks like a faster, more surehanded, Gibson to me. Leaves his feet a lot to make the catch,imo, but that might be Stafford's accuracy.
    Still, hard to believe the Rams brass will plan on his being the best WR. And if he couldn't handle being just "one of the guys" behind Megatron, how's he going to handle Quick getting the #1 snaps ?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Rams Awarded WR Titus Young Off Waivers
    Posted by nickwagoner on February 5, 2013 – 10:21 PM

- In the ongoing search for more help for their receiving corps, the Rams added another potential piece to the puzzle on Tuesday afternoon as they were awarded former Detroit WR Titus Young off waivers.

- Young comes to the Rams from the Lions where he spent a tumultuous two seasons. Drafted in the second round out of Boise State in 2011, Young was expected to be the speedy complement to Calvin Johnson.

- At times, Young flashed that very potential to be a home run threat opposite Johnson, postin 48 catches for 607 yards and six TDs in his rookie season.

- Things went south last year, though, as Young posted 33 catches for 383 yards and four touchdowns last season while missing part of the season for conduct detrimental to the team.

- Young asked for his release from the team and was granted it on Monday afternoon.

- In coming to St. Louis, Young looks to get back on track and reach his immense potential. He’ll be reunited with former Boise State teammate Austin Pettis in the receivers room and also knows DBs coach Brandon Fisher from their year together in Detroit. Young also has a relationship with another former Boise State Bronco now on the Rams in S Quintin Mikell.

- Known for his blazing speed, Young gives the Rams another potential down field threat to go with Chris Givens. There could be an instant spot for Young with the Rams facing the free agency of wideouts Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson this offseason.

- Young still must pass a physical and go through the rest of the process before his addition to the roster is final.
    Last edited by Rambos; -02-05-2013 at 10:36 PM.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

The fact that no other team put in a claim for him pretty much forces him to straighten up or find a new career. (I do hear that there is good money in dog fighting)

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It takes a special kind of jerk to intentionally sabotage your team by lining up at the wrong spot. That's not being a knucklehead, that's being a petulant little... word that, if I were to use it, would force me to edit my own post.

Still, this is a low risk move - the Rams can simply cut him if he continues to act a fool - with the potential for high reward if somehow he gets it together. I'm not a fan of his, but I agree with Av that it's nice to see the front office being proactive to try and address the need.
    I agree. My first reaction was "What the hell are we thinking?" His behavioral track record is certainly nothing to write home about. And being cut by the Lions- a team with other immaturity issues throughout its roster- is also a red flag. But after digesting the move and thinking more clearly, it really is a low risk move. Fisher commands enough respect to be able to say "This is what is expected here" and unload the guy if he won't comply. And his success with Jenkins (so far) buys him some credibility in possibly being able to reach him.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -02-05-2013 at 10:27 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I dont care too much for the signing. I think he can be an all-star if he wanted to, but a guy that sabotages his OWN team on gameday? Thats really messed up, man. Hopefully he's past all that crap and is just ready to ball out.

The real thing that I'm in love with? Right here is the difference between an ignorant rookie like Spagnuolo, and a experienced risk-taker Fisher. SPEED KILLS!!!! Fisher clearly knows how to build a REAL football team! SPEED KILLS!!! We went from being the absolute slowest team in the NFL, to now having guys like Givens, Young, Pead, and DRICH on offense.

THE DREAM TEAM

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I have watched Titus Young for most of his career. What has always impressed me is both his speed, and most of all his ability to get separation at the point of attack. He plays bigger than his size would suggest. He goes after the ball in the air.

Many players have speed, but he looks as fast on the last play of the game as he does on the first. With such a low risk, I can see no problems with this signing.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

no. simply no

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Here's my take; primarily I'm excited by the potential if this turns into a home run.

Fisher is not banking any part of his career on this more, and neither is Snead(as I assume that this was a Fisher move, with a call over to Schwartz as was mentioned before). Fisher has dealt with divas and head cases before, and his problems with Pacman and V. Young came from an owner who loved them and a cap inability to cut them. This isn't that issue. We got him for no investment save minimal offseason and training camp stipends before the regular season.

Fisher's been around the block and can tell Titus point blank: "We're the only ones who wanted you. We think you can be a quality starter for us. Go prove that you are better than Megatron. But if you throw a punch or line up wrong on purpose or wreck my locker room, you're out of here and you're moving to Canada. I hope you like the weather."

Yes, teams today can't have all boy scouts on the team and expect to win. The Pats have brought on troubled guys the Giants aren't completely clean; even the Pack have a couple of iffy guys; and we know that the Ravens and Whiners have some issues both on and off the field. The key is that through it all, the TEAM is strong. And that is where the risk lies with Titus. He's been a team breaker, though the whole atmosphere in Detroit allows that. With Fisher running a tight ship that will hold guys accountable(like Jenkins and Givens) Young will eiher shape up or as I said, move to Canada.

I give the odds 70/30 that he makes the team. 40/60 that he leads the team in yards and touchdowns.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.
    I believe!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I like the move. I don't see a downside. If he plays up, he is gone at no cost. If he gets his head straight, it's an upgrade to the WR corps