Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Titus Young Claimed By Rams Off Waivers

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Titus Young Claimed By Rams Off Waivers

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    By Marc Sessler
    I love me some Danny Amendola but his agent is definitely in the wrong here. An agent's job isn't to gain leverage by trashing other Ram receivers to make his client look better, especially one who plays with the heart and grit that Danny plays with every Sunday. Burkhardt needs to shut up, keep his opinions to himself, and concentrate on getting Amendola a new contract. And even though he might be right about Amendola being the better player, it's not as one-sided as people might think:

Amendola - 4 years 196 catches 1726 yards 7 TD's
    Young - 2 years 81 catches 990 yards 10 TD's
    live4ramin likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

By Marc Sessler
    Erik Burkhardt, who represents unrestricted free agent Danny Amendola, doesn't believe Young's signing will have any impact on his client's status with the Rams.

"I don't think it affects Danny one bit," Burkhardt told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Tuesday. "Titus Young isn't anywhere in the same zip code as Danny as far as a player goes. I'm sure Young may disagree with that because he thinks he's better than Calvin Johnson."

Fair point. The Rams claimed Young off waivers Tuesday after he was cut Monday by the Lions. Detroit's former second-round draft pick burnt every bridge in town, but the Rams are looking for weapons on offense after struggling to score points last season.

Burkhardt characterized Amendola's negotiations with the Rams as "positive," saying, "I think they know what Danny brings to the team, and the spirit of the team aside from what he does on the field."
    I love me some Danny Amendola but his agent is definitely in the wrong here. An agent's job isn't to gain leverage by trashing other Ram receivers to make his client look better, especially one who plays with the heart and grit that Danny plays with every Sunday. Burkhardt needs to shut up, keep his opinions to himself, and concentrate on getting Amendola a new contract. And even though he might be right about Amendola being the better player, it's not as one-sided as people might think:

Amendola - 4 years 196 catches 1726 yards 7 TD's
    Young - 2 years 81 catches 990 yards 10 TD's

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

WR Transitive Property

If Danny Amendola > Titus Young; and
    Titus Young > Calvin Johnson; then
    Danny Amendola > Calvin Johnson

This does not bode well for our upcoming contract negotiations with Danny.

(P.S. Danny's agent needs to shut up. He's not doing any good by creating a rift between potential teammates.)
    Torry Holt likes this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Not a fan of young at all. The guy is a headcase.

richtree is offline Registered User

We are better without Jason Smith and better with Janoris Jenkins....

Trust in the Stache

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I think claiming Young adds to the urgency of Signing Steven Jackson...because if you have knuckleheads on a team your going to need strong team leadership

We all saw how the jets went from being 1 game away from the superbowl (in 2 straight years) to the laughing stock circus they are today...That team had many "knuckleheads" en route to consecutive AFC Championships but as they kept adding these players with baggage the on-field product started fall and the locker room became a mess especially when Santonio Holmes a team leader decided the "I" in Team

With locker room we have with Young, Jenkins, Chris Givens (jenkins suspension buddy), trumaine Johnson and maybe another draft pick we are going to need that veteran leadership and that is what Jax brings.
    Haste likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    We are better without Jason Smith and better with Janoris Jenkins....

Trust in the Stache
    There is a difference. Jenkins is touted as the best CB in his own respected class. He got in trouble with the law for smoking weed (If he weren't a football player, no-one would give a damn). Titus is an immature, over-hyped, arrogant, non-football caring a-hole. If I was a teammate with the guy I guarantee I'd pull a Leggarette Blount on him (KO his ass). Jenkins actually cares about football, goes hard for football, and looks like a changed man (If you really believe giving up smoking makes you a saint). Young's problem is his mindset, attitude. Kid needs to get SMACKED up and maybe he'll change. Other than that, he'll always be the same little punk he is.

THE DREAM TEAM

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Not long ago, people were hoping Amendola would be the odd one out because of the "new talent" in training camp. Instead, Amendola's gotten better while nobody else panned out. I am tired of people thinking Amendola has no special skills. He might not be big or fast, but he is quick (laterally) and smart as hell. He is active in his routes and attacks the ball when it comes to him. That's enough to separate him from the others.

Amendola is a Ram. He is not expendable. He should stay a Ram. This claim might provide leverage for the Rams in negotiations, but if it ends in any other way than Amendola NOT being a Ram, I'll be disappointed.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -02-07-2013 at 03:04 PM.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Words cannot describe how pumped I am at this move. He is a free second round pick with loads of talent on a dirt cheap contract. If he acts up, we cut him. Plain and simple.

Welcome Titus! I think he is instantly our most talented WR.

Les & Jeff have the biggest cojones in the NFL, and boy do I love it.
    Well,then, you must be his pharmacist because according to a Lions' exec interviewed on STL radio today he has a serious mental disorder (bi-polar disorder it's called) and is known for not taking his medication,which explains the 'sucker punch' etc. etc.etc. And, he has a knee injury that the Lions mandated he had repaired during the off-season, which hasn't been repaired. Good luck Rams. The 'four pillars' are now the 'no pillars,' and they have knuckle-knucklie-stein on their roster. What a joke!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Well,then, you must be his pharmacist because according to a Lions' exec interviewed on STL radio today he has a serious mental disorder (bi-polar disorder it's called) and is known for not taking his medication,which explains the 'sucker punch' etc. etc.etc. And, he has a knee injury that the Lions mandated he had repaired during the off-season, which hasn't been repaired. Good luck Rams. The 'four pillars' are now the 'no pillars,' and they have knuckle-knucklie-stein on their roster. What a joke!
    I don't know what you're getting so worked up over. If it turns out that he's not mentally, phyically or emotionally able to be a productive player for the Rams, they'll cut him and it will cost them nothing. If, on the other hand, he can get to the place he seemed to be as a rookie, he could be a useful player.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Maybe you should take up a more calm and sedate activity rather than following football. You seem to be getting rather stressed out from the exposure to the colorful characters that make up the NFL.

Why don't you roll yourself a fattie and knit a sweater. It's probably cold in Toronto right now.
    VegasRam, Rammed, bradwill and 1 others like this.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Here is his rookie year highlights.

Missed the sucker punch; the intentional mis-alignment; the JJ head-butt; and the video of Mr. Young throwing away his meds and turning around at the hospital entrance before his mandated knee surgery.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Missed the sucker punch; the intentional mis-alignment; the JJ head-butt; and the video of Mr. Young throwing away his meds and turning around at the hospital entrance before his mandated knee surgery.
    I see what you did there! Man I think you'll find more likeminded individuals on STLtoday Ram Talk forums. Might be a better place to cool off.

In the end it's just another pick up at the bottom end of the our roster. You'll see more of them the coming months.
    VegasRam likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

If you have read anything about the Lions and Young, it has been a mess from day one.

Never heard of a mandated surgery. The knee was just used as an excuse to end his year and for the most part end his days with the Lions.

How did the Detroit Lions manage to put wide receiver Titus Young on injured reserve despite him not even being on the injury report last week? Well, it turns out Young is likely going to have knee surgery to correct an issue that has been bugging him for some time now. The injury isn't anything new, but the decision to have surgery is.
    If he has not done it by now he will need to take and pass a physical before the Rams sign him.. non-issue

If you read the post at all, these are his rookie highlights JJ was not in the NFL yet.

Sucker punches happen every year in every camp non-issue.

You claim Young is bipolar and refuses to take his meds. I must have missed that story, can't find anywhere on the net to indicate he has been diagnosed.

Lets not be so quick to judge:

A Rough Start

Carter spent three mediocre seasons in Philadelphia. Though he showed glimpses of brilliance--averaging 19.5 yards a catch in 1988 and leading the Eagles with 11 touchdown receptions in 1989--he was looked on by some as a bust. Then Coach Buddy Ryan, irritated by Carter's lack of work ethic, released the seemingly ill-fated wide receiver before the 1990 season. The Minnesota Vikings claimed Carter off waivers on September 4, 1990, and his career took off from there. The player some accused of being a cancer early in his career would go on to become one of the most respected, accomplished, and highest-paid players in the league.
    If you are a Rams fan and I think you are because you are here on this board. You can see that we may have gotten a real steal. If Young does not work out, Fisher will cut him as quick as he cut Kellen Heard for having a curfew violation.
    Last edited by Rambos; -02-08-2013 at 12:48 PM.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Funny.....i love the off season banter.....makes me long for the gool ol Bradford sucks no he is great debates we had through the season (Rambos, don't come after me !!)

Chill on Young. As Av said, if he is good what the heck and if he is unstable, he can hopefully stay away until he gets his head clear.
    Rambos likes this.