Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Titus Young Claimed By Rams Off Waivers

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Titus Young Claimed By Rams Off Waivers

Fun thread. I didn't know Titus Young from a box o' rocks yesterday, (as I suspect most posters didn't, pro or con, but I can't prove it), but it looks on paper like a no lose proposition, especially given the Fisher factor.

I don't "KNOW" this for a fact either, but anyone who really believes that one guy could poison any (80 guy) locker room, (let alone the Rams, which by all reports is exceptionally cohesive), probably watches Dr. Phil.
    MauiRam, Tampa_Ram and Rammed like this.

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

We all want the same thing, and that is a WR that can move the chain and score. It's not like we're giving Young a huge contract. Let's see what he can do for us, whether it's scoring or distracting for our other WR. I just hoping for two things not to occur:

1) We lose Danny.
    2) Young is just another Steve Smith.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Titus Young has not "tweeted" since the Rams picked him up. I'm thinking that is NOT a coincidence.
    live4ramin likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Titus Young has not "tweeted" since the Rams picked him up. I'm thinking that is NOT a coincidence.
    I had that same thought.... not even a glad to be a Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I had that same thought.... not even a glad to be a Ram.
    That wasn't my point...

I'm guessing that the Rams have already advised Young to keep his mouth (and keyboard) shut.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    That wasn't my point...

I'm guessing that the Rams have already advised Young to keep his mouth (and keyboard) shut.
    I got your point, and I agree. I also thought the Rams must have told him to shut off the twitter account. I find it hard to believe that he would not have stated he's glad to get out of Detroit or something like that. If he says boo on the net it will not be good.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Rumors are that he's on his way out. Nice way to waste your talent and millions..... If it's true he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammed View Post
    Rumors are that he's on his way out. Nice way to waste your talent and millions..... If it's true he's done.
    Source????

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RKDfan View Post
    Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1
    Rams claim Titus Young off waivers.
    Does the following mean that he's been 'disclaimed' or 'unclaimed (like baggage)' by the Rams?
    St. Louis Rams to cut WR Titus Young, just like Lions did | Rob Parker - Home

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

From the Red Zone ..

Report: Titus Young to be released by Rams

2/15/2013 10:48:42 AM
    Rob Parker, formerly with ESPN and the Detroit News, reports the St. Louis Rams will cut ties with Titus Young 10 days after claiming the troubled wide receiver off waivers from the Detroit Lions, Chris Wesseling of NFL.com reports.

Parker is now working for a website called The Shadow League, a "sports, culture, life" website run a former ESPN executive.

Rob Parker, formerly with ESPN and the Detroit News, reports the St. Louis Rams will cut ties with Titus Young 10 days after claiming the troubled wide receiver off waivers from the Detroit Lions.

Given the ouster by ESPN after his controversial remarks on Robert Griffin III, Parker has a new gig with The Shadow League, a "sports, culture, life" website run a former ESPN executive.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis-Post Dispatch says the Rams decline comment. Young's agent hasn't commented either. (That's a sign the report is on point. Why else would they not deny it?)

Parker's sources went as far as saying Young might not play football again, which suggests deeper problems off the field. The Detroit News reported last month that the Lions had pleaded with Young to seek help for serious emotional and mental issues. At this time, there are no details on Young's falling out with the Rams.

The Rams were the only team to put in a waiver claim for Young earlier this month. Even if it wasn't serious off-the-field trouble that led to his quick release in St. Louis, he will have trouble finding another team willing to put up with his baggage.

This via Pro Football Talk:

The Rams are declining to comment on the odd report that surfaced this morning saying they would release receiver Titus Young today, just 10 days after they claimed him off waivers from the Lions.

PFT reached out to the Rams this morning when the talk of Young being released first surfaced, and the team told us that it has no comment. However, head coach Jeff Fisher is scheduled to appear at a press conference today to formally introduce Tim Walton as the team’s new defensive coordinator, and Fisher is expected to answer questions about Young at that press conference.

The story that Young would be cut began with, of all people, Rob Parker, the commentator who was fired by ESPN for making asinine comments about Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III being a “cornball brother.” Parker is now writing for a website called The Shadow League, and he reported there that Young would be cut and may never play football again. Parker isn’t known for breaking news, but he does live and work in Detroit, so he may have a connection with Young, who has played for the Lions for two years.

We’ll be keeping an eye on St. Louis for official word about Young’s future, or lack thereof, with the Rams.
    Last edited by MauiRam; -02-15-2013 at 01:28 PM.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    From the Red Zone ..

Report: Titus Young to be released by Rams

2/15/2013 10:48:42 AM
    Rob Parker, formerly with ESPN and the Detroit News, reports the St. Louis Rams will cut ties with Titus Young 10 days after claiming the troubled wide receiver off waivers from the Detroit Lions, Chris Wesseling of NFL.com reports.

Parker is now working for a website called The Shadow League, a "sports, culture, life" website run a former ESPN executive.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis-Post Dispatch says the Rams decline comment. Young's agent hasn't commented either.
    Ouch, he must have made a real bad impression with the coaching staff. That or the new D coordinator came in and told Fisher what really happened at Detroit, and Fisher decided to go ahead and cut him.

EDIT: Guess we don't know yet, could just be false reporting to get a story. It will be interesting to see what happens.
    Last edited by berg8309; -02-15-2013 at 01:34 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thanks for the memories.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Ouch, he must have made a real bad impression with the coaching staff. That or the new D coordinator came in and told Fisher what really happened at Detroit, and Fisher decided to go ahead and cut him.

EDIT: Guess we don't know yet, could just be false reporting to get a story. It will be interesting to see what happens.
    Rams refused comment as did Young's agent, per several St Louis media outlets. Where there's smoke there's no more Young! Unclaimed 'baggage' I hope.

thoey is offline Registered User

From Adam Schefter:

Who had a more decorated Rams career, Rob Ryan or Titus Young?
    This space for rent...

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    From Adam Schefter:

Who had a more decorated Rams career, Rob Ryan or Titus Young?
    Rob Ryan for sure. The impact he had on these boards was far beyond what Titus Young could ever hope to do.