Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Toast this coaching staff.

Maybe with the exception of Haslette and Ellard, get rid of everyone. This is unbelievable. I never thought i'd ever say this but our Offense is actually killing our Defense. Linehan is supposed to be this offensive guru but he doesnt know the difference between a pass, a run and how to manage the clock. Heck! we wasted more time in our no-huddle then our huddle and the offense just doesnt look like time is important when your down by 2-3 scores. The O-line can't be used as an excuse anymore. We havent had one for the last 5-6 weeks. If its gonna take him this long to figure that out then we need to get rid of him and his friends now!!!

Seattle's running game was stuffed after their 1st series, then we let Hasselbeck borrow Bulgers ribs(thanks Mr. wroten) and everytime we got the ball back, the whole world knew what we were gonna do...give it back!!! One drive looked good, ONE!!! and we got a FG from it, this has been our whole season. The players on offense havent done anything to improve and i find that hard to believe with the guys we put on the field against the Hawks. 2 FG's? The lack of production is a result of a system that just can't figure things out. Maybe the players are trying to tell us something because for seven straight games, this stuffs gotta get old.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Toast this coaching staff.

I second that, the whole system is phooey. It worked last year because Bulger was still gunning it downfield to create some kind of space underneath for running and short passes and the defense had to account for our receivers even when we were running it. Now they know that at worst it'll be a dump pass so they can ride up on the LOS and be done with it. How long until we see Linehan call a run against a goalline package on 1st and 10 and we still execute the play?

Martz could at least score!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The question I have is how much flexiblity does Bulger have at the line of scrimmage as far as calling audibles etc.?

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The question I have is how much flexiblity does Bulger have at the line of scrimmage as far as calling audibles etc.?
    IF Bulger knows HOW to call an audible at the line of scrimmage, what could be the repercussions if he did so? Would Scott Linehan's head blow off? Would he threaten to bench Marc? What are Linehan's options? Nothing! If Bulger pulls one off by disregarding SL and perhaps putting together a successful drive and score, SL would just be the same 'Lame Duck' that he is.

If Marc Bulger has any leadership in him, he should make the call at the line and try to win instead of following orders and being the 'goat.'

Lend-Me-A-Hand is a goner any way. Bulger should do what he knows is right to win the game.......if he has a pair.