Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: Today, Mike Martz lost my support. Its time for a change.

While you're at it, please pass me the testimonials of the rest of the league where they say Martz isn't head coaching material. Otherwise, perhaps we should avoid making blanket statements like that.
    I don't think it requires a notorized statement from every single person in the league to accept the comment as at least the majority. I agree that Martz is basically considered a bit of a joke at this point. From all the different pre and post game shows as well as the commentators working the games I don't recall any of them agreeing with the Martz philosophy. Most are condemning him for his lack of balance and poor personnel decisions.

In general, he's doing the same things now as he did in 2000 when he took over. So many of the mental mistakes and poor preperation that's killed the team, at some point, year in and year out.

RamTime Guest

You summed that up pretty well Avenger. For sure no one can accuse you of having a quick hook. You gave him every opportunity to square the team away.

Now let ask you, do you think we will endure another year of Martz or do you think the F.O. is thinking along the same lines?
    Another thing, who now? Who? Who now? I don't want some college rookie coach like spurrier. I'd rather take someone off of another team such as was done to the Rams over the past few years. Who?

lakerams Guest

I can find more that say he isn't a good HC than you can agreeing that he is.

it's not a blanket statement. it's been said for several years now.

and I didn't say he would take a demotion, I said that is what I would like to happen.

and he is going to have to accept that demotion sooner or later. he's not going to be a HC for much longer and nobody else will hire him as a HC. he'll be offered OC positions at best.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    I don't think it requires a notorized statement from every single person in the league to accept the comment as at least the majority. I agree that Martz is basically considered a bit of a joke at this point. From all the different pre and post game shows as well as the commentators working the games I don't recall any of them agreeing with the Martz philosophy. Most are condemning him for his lack of balance and poor personnel decisions.
    I'm not denying he hasn't taken criticism, but I'm not sure I see a majority of people in or involved in this league saying these kinds of things. Perhaps it's just because they can't, who knows? Unitl then, I think we should avoid those kind of blanket statements. Unless we have a telepathic poster here, we don't know what everyone else around the league thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    and he is going to have to accept that demotion sooner or later. he's not going to be a HC for much longer and nobody else will hire him as a HC. he'll be offered OC positions at best.
    Definitely not disagreeing with this. I just don't think his demotion would be something that's going to happen on this team. Some might like for it to happen, but let's be realistic. At this point, Martz is our head coach or he's nothing.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

woodyramfan1 is offline Registered User

After the most pathetic performance out of a

Rams teams since they moved to St Louis and probably in their history I believe even the most ardent Martz supporters should now come around to the fact Martz has to go. I would prefer him not moving to OC but if Georgia and Stan cannot afford the money loss then move him there but make sure the HC is in charge and can overrule his idiotic play calling. Yes it was fun when we had them team to run his type of offense and the rest of the league had not compensated for the all out offense of Mad Mike's. Don't you folks realize any new offense works until the rest of the league figures out how to stop it. Remember run and shoot? I have tickets for the Monday nite game next week against Phillie and am thinking seriously about giving them to my son in law's (who is going with me) friend. Call me negative but I think I can realize this team has hit the bottom and something must be done if we want to have a team we can have fun watching,:upset:
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]woodyramfan1

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Angry Re: Today, Mike Martz lost my support. Its time for a change.

My support for our HC has finally wavered. His insistence on playing "...his game, his way..." regardless of opponents strengths and weaknesses has forced me to ask...WTF?!?!? I can't say that I understand, even a little bit, what it is that he is trying to accomplish with this team anymore.
    Long time Rams Fan, Newbie on the board. Any help understanding? Nick? Avenger? ATC? Dez?

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

I'm feeling myself waver as well, Scidog. I think the FO really needs to reel Martz back in this offseason. I'm not on the side of the fence calling for his head, but something needs to be done.

Hear, hear. Some level-headed discussion regarding the future of this club NEEDS to be initiated. The FO is going to have to make some hard decisions with regard to leadership positions. I won't call for his head myself...yet.

Hooah

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

It is impossible for me to speculate on what the front office might be thinking, other than from what I have heard second hand. I will tell you that in the past week both Chris Mortenson and John Clayton, who are two of the more reputable reporters, have both stated that they believe Martz is finally on the hot seat and may not be back.

I wonder if the timing of these comments may have something to do with the fact that LSU's Saban has started flirting with the NFL, most notably with Miami.

For the record, the Rampagers received an e-mail saying that Mortenson was reporting a loss to the Cardinals would put Martz in some deep trouble with the FO. We'll see.

Exclamation Re: Today, Mike Martz lost my support. Its time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    It is impossible for me to speculate on what the front office might be thinking, other than from what I have heard second hand. I will tell you that in the past week both Chris Mortenson and John Clayton, who are two of the more reputable reporters, have both stated that they believe Martz is finally on the hot seat and may not be back.

I wonder if the timing of these comments may have something to do with the fact that LSU's Saban has started flirting with the NFL, most notably with Miami.

IMO, this team needs an established NFL HC with presence and leadership abilities. Not a college-level HC looking to graduate. We need stability and guidance right now, not a new learning curve.

Hooah

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Well, I'm not necessarily saying Saban's a candidate, but he does have some NFL experience. He was Belichick's DC in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Well, I'm not necessarily saying Saban's a candidate, but he does have some NFL experience. He was Belichick's DC in Cleveland.

Same Saban? My bad.

Hooah

atcchris is offline Registered User

Martz may not be an idiot, but he's certainly eaten up with pride.

His Hubris (like it or not) ruined what we had, and his Hubris keeps him from being able to change and adapt.

We will not be a great TEAM again with him at the helm.

Why? Because the players don't like him? No... because he believes he can plug just any old person into his high-octane offense and it will run like a race-car. He believes it's his system rather than his talent, therefore guys like Warner become expendable. He thinks he can plug Bulger in there and have the same success... Bulger's got talent, but he has not developed the ability to use every receiver on the field. Opponents never knew what Warner was going to beat you with. Bulger's different.. he can't read down the receivers, and he can't throw the short swing pass to his backs. So.. what does Martz do? Nothing. Expect Bulger to be Warner. Same thing.. expects Chandler to run the same offense... and Martin as well. And it will be the same no matter what comes along. And that's just at QB.

The reason I was excited about Jackson was because I saw someone like Faulk. The reason I'm down on our other receivers is probably not their fault, as others have pointed out.. but I think it's a reflection on what avenger ram was trying to say.. that Martz was trying to put the round peg into the square hole with Bulger et al.

We don't have the personnel for GSOT anymore. We needed to adjust. People have won championships without GSOT. If, in Martz' Hubris, he was going to kick Warner to the curb, he needed to build his offense for Bulger. But if he did that, he'd be criticized for breaking up GSOT. So he couldn't.

As for the defense, again, as a HC, Martz makes a good OC. I don't think he has the skills to coordinate everything for the team. I think he's in over his head. It shows. As long as there was another genius to whom the task could be delegated, great. He didn't get a genius in Marmie, methinks.

It just adds up to more pain for us. And will we even get a decent draft slot out of it? Nope.

atcchris is offline Registered User

Continued..

What's your rebuilding plan, Mike?

Do you have one?

Do you think we need one?

Anyone at Ram's park? anyone got a clue?