Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Today, Mike Martz lost my support. Its time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris
    Bulger's got talent, but he has not developed the ability to use every receiver on the field. Opponents never knew what Warner was going to beat you with. Bulger's different.. he can't read down the receivers, and he can't throw the short swing pass to his backs.
    I think you bring up some valid points with your post, but I disagree with this one. I believe Bulger's made large strides this season, being able to spread the ball around including hitting running backs in the flat when options aren't there. There's a reason Shaun McDonald is starting to emerge and show his talent - it's because his quarterback is getting him the ball.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

atcchris is offline Registered User

Well, Nick, he may or may not be learning.. I guess we'll see next year.. but if Martz stays, we better be seeing it from a different offense. GSOT is beyond him. And that isn't a slam. It's just reality. Bulger hasn't the experience needed for it. Y'all forget that "he-who-shall-not-be-named" was a barnstormer. Fast and frantic. Ball all over the place. That's how arena league is. Bulger never had any of that experience.

Very good points, Chris.

RamTime Guest

I think he gets too involved trying to be OC and HC. I think his system can work if there is someone else running the show, forcing him to call a more balanced game. he needs to have someone who outranks him on the field to manage the game
    Your right!
    Here is a more indepth explination of the era 1999-2003

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris
    Well, Nick, he may or may not be learning.. I guess we'll see next year.. but if Martz stays, we better be seeing it from a different offense. GSOT is beyond him. And that isn't a slam. It's just reality. Bulger hasn't the experience needed for it. Y'all forget that "he-who-shall-not-be-named" was a barnstormer. Fast and frantic. Ball all over the place. That's how arena league is. Bulger never had any of that experience.
    ATC, why do insist on making every thread about Warner? This post is nearly identical to one you made on the thread about Bulger's importance to this year's team.

This thread is about Martz.

Can't you make a point about Martz or Bulger without bringing Warner into the discussion?

Better yet, don't answer that. I already know what you're going to say.

The bottom line is this:

A perfect genetic hybrid of Kurt Warner, Mark Bulger, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway and Johnny Unitas could not run the Martz offense
    without an offensive line and a healthy RB.

Its okay to strive for "Max Q"... but Martz seems to lack a "Plan B."
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-20-2004 at 01:48 AM.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    Another thing, who now? Who? Who now? I don't want some college rookie coach like spurrier. I'd rather take someone off of another team such as was done to the Rams over the past few years. Who?
    Good question RamTime. As for myself, I don't have a suggestion because I am not familiar with every coaching staff in the league. However, I find it hard to believe that there is not one young, talented and aggressive NFL assistant who is hungry to be a head coach in this league. Sounds like a job for someone in the know. Hmmmmm? Possibly someone in the Rams FO keeps their eyes open? Then again it would seem their eyes have been closed, by Mike Martz, for years.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Anything less than murdering Paul Tagliube with a .44 magnum on the 50 yard line on Monday Night Football will sway some from supporting Martz. I don't know if I should be impressed by such undying loyalty or disgusted.

Shut out on offense by the Cardinals. Can it get any lower? Just call me McFly because I've gone back to the '90's. Where's my paper bag?
    Such wooly thinking is about normal for people who want change for change sake. I for one will be first in line for Mike Martz head when he has proved to me that he has lost the plot.

Sometimes our fans make me sick. To abandon someone for loosing a season is unconchable. If on the other hand he puts back to back loosing seasons in, then by all means, lets ask him to step down.

What most of those who have been calling for his neck fail to realise, or are just to pig headed to realise is that Marts scheme is just that, his scheme. To take away several elements of that and it falls apart.

Do we have an offencive line .......... NO
    Do we have the QB to run it ........... NO
    Do we have an efective healthy RB .. NO

But still, its Mikes fault ............... WHATEVER ......

you just continue spouting that stuff and I am sure someone in a far flung land who does not know football, might listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    Exactly how do you define a coach who rushes the ball TEN TIMES(with the teams top QB out) vs the leagues 3rd WORST rush defense?!? Were talking about a defense who gave up 196 yds rushing to Kevin Jones and 139 yds to future HOFer Maurice Hicks over the last 2 weeks!! Chew on THAT!! 'Moron' and 'idiot' may be too kind. I wont get your support...Im crushed.
    Yea, right ...... how about flaky

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Well, Nick, he may or may not be learning.. I guess we'll see next year.. but if Martz stays, we better be seeing it from a different offense. GSOT is beyond him. And that isn't a slam. It's just reality. Bulger hasn't the experience needed for it. Y'all forget that "he-who-shall-not-be-named" was a barnstormer. Fast and frantic. Ball all over the place. That's how arena league is. Bulger never had any of that experience
    GSOT is beyond any QB that does not have what the Rams had back then. The O-Line is gone and so is alot of other key ingriedent's. People want to talk about the facts when it comes to Bulger and Warner, well the facts are Warner had more toys to play with and had a line that protected him. When the toys decided they wanted to be in another toy box one guy stepped up and made do with what he had the other was definatly frantic but I dont know about fast. KW has lost his ability to think when rushed and the facts are because of this line the Rams QB has to think while being pressured and Bulger does a great job at that.

[QUOTE=lakerams]Martz is not HC'ing material. everyone else around the league can see that except for 1/2 the Clanram and the FO.
    QUOTE]

Oh wait, you forgot to mention all his players ...... you knnow, the ones who interact with him on a daily basis ........... or maybe they are all flaky as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    If you ask me, the firing of Mike Martz is long overdue. When Martz is fired I think I will do my own little dance of joy.

:ramlogo:
    As the Rams fall into a pit of remorse and mediocrity.

Tell me what genius will you replace him with .... mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    it is time for all Martz supporters to finally admit that Martz system no longer works and he does not have the ability to adapt a new game plan.
    Why? when all the key players are either hurt or not performing as they should.

Maybe we should get rid of Faulk, Bruce, our Oline and all those other wooses who are claiming injury ..... mmmmmmm

[QUOTE=moklerman]I don't think it requires a notorized statement from every single person in the league to accept the comment as at least the majority. I agree that Martz is basically considered a bit of a joke at this point. From all the different pre and post game shows as well as the commentators working the games I don't recall any of them agreeing with the Martz philosophy. Most are condemning him for his lack of balance and poor personnel decisions.QUOTE]

Or just maybe the hacks are doing just that ............ looking for the cheep laugh and glorifying in the Rams loss as they do on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    Tell me what genius will you replace him with .... mmmmm
    I remembering asking that as well in a different discussion, and got perhaps one person to answer, and it was Pete Carroll, who may or may not even be available to any NFL team, let alone the Rams. People call for Martz's head, but don't have the vision to see who would replace him, usually using some excuse about we don't know who's going to get fired or not knowing other teams' staff well enough to make a decision.

Well, I could probably give you a short list of names who could be looking for work next season, and I think objectively, you'd be hardpressed to find one on there that you'd take over Martz for this team. He's working with a patch-work line starting third stringers, we pulled our back-up QB to put in a guy who hasn't even been on this team for two weeks, our defense is beat up and undersized, and we're constantly having to dig ourselves out of early deficits. While I'm beginning to lose my patience with some of the man's lesser qualities, I can't blame him alone for this situation.
    Last edited by Nick; -12-20-2004 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I remembering asking that as well in a different discussion, and got perhaps one person to answer, and it was Pete Carroll, who may or may not even be available to any NFL team, let alone the Rams. People call for Martz's head, but don't have the vision to see who would replace him, usually using some excuse about we don't know who's going to get fired. Well, I could probably give you a short list of names who could be looking for work next season, and I think objectively, you'd be hardpressed to find one on there that you'd take over Martz.
    Exactly Nick. It just amazes me that these "fans" are doing this. Wait, sorry the "SAME FANS" so I suppose I should not be that amazed. In fact, most have been absent on the ClanRam unless there is some ill happening ........... Ah, then that might explain it.