Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    elAcky Guest

Re: Today, Mike Martz lost my support. Its time for a change.

Another guy who might be worth a look is former Martz and present Vermiel assistant Al Saunders.

Or, how about Romeo Crenell (sp?) in New England?

Or Bob Stoops.

Or Nick Saban.

Or Gary Kubiak.
    Not against any of these guys taking over but i'm not sure we as fans are quite ready for a new direction for this football team...

atcchris is offline Registered User

One guy I have heard rumblings about, though, is Jeff Fisher. There has been some talk of him falling out of favor in Tennessee. I'd take him in a heartbeat.
    I'd take Fisher. Well.. he's worth a look at least.

Or Bob Stoops.
    Stoops doesn't leave OU until he has just a few years left prior to retirement. He's in one of the finest programs in the country, guaranteed to be well paid for years, and can be THE man instead of having to cowtow to a bunch of overpaid whiney brats and a bunch of idiotic front office types who think they can do it better (talking generically about players and front office).

The NFL does not have the best minds in the game of football... the college game does.. the NFL has to have people who are more politician than coach. I think that's why Martz failed.... let him just use his game sMartz.. fine. But would he have bridled if the HC required him to change his schemes for the personnel we have?

Regardless. Martz has proven he's in over his head. Stoops ain't going nowhere soon.

The others.. all would be superior to what we have now.

Also, one tends to forget that Martz is under contract.

He aint going anywhere fast, but it sure gives you something to talk about

Also, one tends to forget that Martz is under contract.
    Contracts mean squat in this league. How many coaches and players under contract have been cut/fired?

Happens all the time.

Kick him to the curb!! Certainly he's done a lot less for us than he-who-shall-not-be-named... I think it would be poetic justice, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris
    Contracts mean squat in this league. How many coaches and players under contract have been cut/fired?

Happens all the time.

Kick him to the curb!! Certainly he's done a lot less for us than he-who-shall-not-be-named... I think it would be poetic justice, personally.
    he is one of the winningest coaches in RAMS history and you come away with a statement like that ...... well that just shows us where you are coming from

he is one of the winningest coaches in RAMS history and you come away with a statement like that ...... well that just shows us where you are coming from
    Now you know how many of us felt when the ONLY QB to ever lead us to a Super Bowl victory was treated that way.

You wouldn't call the last two seasons the equivalent of Kurt's fumbling with a concussion, or having bad games with a broken hand? That's even giving Martz the benefit of the doubt.. because he certainly wasn't HC when we won the thing. And he CERTAINLY had the talent to win it when he WAS HC and never did...

TO THE CURB WITH MARTZ!!!!! IT'S SIMPLE JUSTICE!!!

LOL

once again with the KW stuff, Avenger was right about you.

You are the type of person who revels in mysery. You are never around when things are fine but by the gods, let things go wrong and you are right there with the stone in yer hand.

Mike Martz, no matter what you try to say, is one of the winningest coaches that the Rams have ever had and you want to throw that away ........... yea, you almost had me at ....... listen to me ........... but then you started talking. LOL

You are the type of person who revels in mysery. You are never around when things are fine but by the gods, let things go wrong and you are right there with the stone in yer hand.
    When have things been "fine" since I found this site (back when it was part of insiders)? I can't name a time.

I certainly took a break after the draft.. when nothing was happening and when this board went elsewhere.. and, frankly, I knew the sycophants outweighed the realists.. that's what some of the others have been trying to tell you, by the way... I certainly NEVER felt welcome.. not from the first post which was in response to slams to the ONLY QB WHO EVER LED THE RAMS TO A SB VICTORY.

Mike Martz, no matter what you try to say, is one of the winningest coaches that the Rams have ever had and you want to throw that away ........... yea, you almost had me at ....... listen to me ........... but then you started talking. LOL
    That's why it's so rich of you to forget the past...

Kurt Warner, no matter what you try to say, is one of the winningest, best QB ratingest, most TD-throwingest, greatest YPCingest, most effective leaderingest, and ONLY SUPER BOWL WINNINGEST QBs tha tthe Rams have ever had and you wanted to throw that away...... yea, you almost had me at.... listen to me..... but then you started talking.... LOL

Try that on. See how it fits. And, ONE MORE TIME.. Martz has shown NOTHING in his field like Warner showed in his.

You want to argue that Warner had lost it all, and is no longer the QB he was.

Fine.

Same thing with Martz. He's lost it all (although I say he never had much), and is no longer the HC you thought he was.

CAREER
    4 years
    78 games
    49 wins
    29 losses
    percentage .628

you need figures .............. use the above :bored:

for someone who never had much, thats one hell of a lot

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I completely respect Dez for his continued loyalty to Martz, and its not without reason. I just can't find it in me to join him at this point. And, for anyone who has read my posts about Martz in the past, you know I didn't come to this point without due consideration and analysis.

You want to know the very moment I was sure about my opinion of Martz? It was yesterday in his postgame comments when he still was saying that he thought the defense played well. In his voice I did not detect any dishonesty or design to exaggerate... he just is blinded to what everyone else sees.

I hope he catches on with another team and has success. I really do. I think he's a decent person and has the ability to be a decent coach. But this team needs to get back to the basics of football - interior line play, toughness, and, for lack of a better term, imposing its will on the competition. I don't think Martz can do that with this team.

as one mans personal opinion I respect that Av.

your wrong, but I respect that LOL

LOL.. and with the TALENT to have been .750!!!

you need figures .............. use the above
    I don't need figures.. I need rings. The figures didn't seem to mean much to Martz when he kicked Warner to the curb.

By the way..

Unless you're figuring preseason.. (please say you're not) the record is:

66 games

40 wins
    26 losses

.606 winning pct.

Playoffs:

2 wins
    3 losses

.400 %

And with all that talent?

Let's look at some other numbers:

Record w/ Cleveland 44 27 0 .620

FIRED!

Record w/ Kansas City 101 58 1 .631

FIRED!

Who dat?

Marty Schottenheimer.

Doh.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Nothing would make me happier than to one day be proven wrong on this, Dez. That would mean that the Rams were succeeding.

I'm sure you feel the same about my opinion. If the Rams get a new coach and succeed, you'll be happy too.

my god, we are counting pre season games BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA ........... sad.

How many Ram coaches went to the Superbowl?

Answer 3

How many won?

Answer 1

I like those odds .......................... then again, you might not be a betting man

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Dez, it's me and you on the Martz Island it appears.

People, don't knee jerk this. Injuries killed us this year. Lack of big plays defensively hurt also. I mean, going into yesterdays game we were -20 in the turnover ratio. How often this year have our defenders dropped INT's that hit them in the chest? Too often to count. Having to rely on Coady most of the year didn't help either. Yesterday, our tackling wasn't the greatest.

The Rams are just a few pieces of the puzzle away from turning this thing around. So we had a down year. It happens. Shoot, Carolina went from 2-14, to the Super Bowl, then 6-8. Injuries are so key in the salary cap era, and to lose two starting O lineman prior to even the first preseason game was an indication of how this year was going to go.