throwback week

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Today's Quotes 8-19

Quotes_8_19_05

WR Dane Looker
    Friday, August 19, 2005

(On finishing training camp at Rams Park)
    “Macomb was nice. They were a nice host, but it was good to be here. I think camp was scheduled a little different to take care of us physically, and that being said, I think we got more mentally out of it.”

(On whether camp at home has left the players feeling fresher)
    “I think so. We still got a lot of good work in, but I think that camp’s usually such a mental pounding, but I think mentally we came out a lot fresher.”

LB Dexter Coakley

(On how he feels LaDainian Tomlinson will test the defense)
    “Well, he is a good runner. Obviously it’s going to be good for us to get to go against him, because they’re going to have their ones [starters] in there. If he’s behind their offensive line, then that’s going to make them a better offense. We’re not just trying to stop him. We’re trying to get ourselves together as a whole. We’re trying to click on all cylinders as a unit because if we get all 11 hats to the ball and everybody’s swirling around making plays… We have a chance to have a very special defense here, but we are going to take them one game at a time, one preseason [game] at a time. This is the second preseason game. We obviously want to get better, so if LaDainian is back there or not we’re going to execute our game plan.”

RB Aveion Cason

(On the new special teams that Coach Ligashesky has installed)
    “It’s very important. He has a great scheme. I like the scheme. I like what he is doing. We are working hard at it. I am just going to take advantage of every opportunity that I can get on special teams and then on offense to make this team.”

(On Coach Ligashesky)
    “He has a lot of energy, a lot of energy. You guys see him out here running around. Everybody knows now that special teams is a big part of the game. That’s what he explains to us, and that’s how we go about it.”

S Jerome Carter

(On whom he thinks he is as a player)
    “I’m just the type of player who is willing to go out there and work hard to earn everything. I have never had anything given to me, so I’m the type of person who is going to go out there and work hard for whatever I get. I know deep down inside that through hard work, that everything is going to work out, just like the draft [did].”

(On playing with Alex Barron at Florida State)
    “As far as a football player and a teammate, he is just the type of player that is going to go out there and work hard. [He’s] really athletic. As a person, he is a really good person. He doesn’t hang out with the wrong crowd and doesn’t do the wrong things.”

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Today's Quotes 8-19

RB Aveion Cason

(On the new special teams that Coach Ligashesky has installed)
    “It’s very important. He has a great scheme. I like the scheme. I like what he is doing. We are working hard at it. I am just going to take advantage of every opportunity that I can get on special teams and then on offense to make this team.”

(On Coach Ligashesky)
    “He has a lot of energy, a lot of energy. You guys see him out here running around. Everybody knows now that special teams is a big part of the game. That’s what he explains to us, and that’s how we go about it.”

What a concept, special teams a focal point. I'll never get tired of hearing this kind of stuff.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Today's Quotes 8-19

Good words Dex.... get all the 11 hats a clickin and a swirlin and a swarmin.
    Show us a defense that can stop the run.
    :angryram:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]