Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lakerams Guest

Tonight Nothing To Brag About.....But, A Win Is A Win

the Rams have nothing to brag about tonight's game due to the fact that they were playing against the Eagles 2nd & 3rd string, but they needed the win and they got it.

sure the Eagles were 13-1, but they had nothing to play for and therefore benched alot of their starters early or the didn't play at all.

Martz cannot praise the team for an easy victory. however, Martz deserves praise for finally running the football. Bravo!

all runs to start the game, march down the field and score a TD. I thought the Rams had hired a new OC and I didn't hear about it.

it's amazing what the HC will do when he gets ripped by the media for not playing Jackson and not running the ball enough. if only he would just gameplan like that every week regardless of critisism or not.

let's hope this is a permanent change for the better.

now, all they need to do is beat a Jets team that needs to win to secure a playoff spot and then get some help from other teams ( preferrably Atlanta-although I don't see that one happening ).

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Tonight Nothing To Brag About.....But, A Win Is A Win

After the last two week's meltdowns, I'll take anything positive. However, Holt & Bruce (et al) need to just stop and drop once they catch the ball. This has been a disturbing trend, the fumbles, over the course of the season. We can ill afford to turn the ball over like that against the Jets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SSGRamFan
    After the last two week's meltdowns, I'll take anything positive. However, Holt & Bruce (et al) need to just stop and drop once they catch the ball. This has been a disturbing trend, the fumbles, over the course of the season. We can ill afford to turn the ball over like that against the Jets.
    I agree. The turnovers have become a very distubing trend. The Jets will be a hungry team looking for a playoff advantage by trying to run Martin down our throats. We can beat them, but it will take a total team effort and we'll have to avoid turnovers and penalties. How bad does that loss to Arizona look now? Here we are back in the position of needing big time help.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I just don't think this is a very good team period! Some unfotunate happenings and alot of bad decisions, on and off the field have hurt this team all year!The Playoffs would embarrassing and I don't want any other scars to ruin next year too! Let's get the most time to heal and start after next week! The greatest thing about football is ,it's gonna be here next year! And I think it's time to heal and make some major off-season decisions! :ramlogo:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

JTrotterFan is offline Registered User

Good Luck next week guys. The Jets will most certainly not rest their guys and will be playing for AFC playoff positioning.
    Those first two drives were exciting and i'm glad McNabb got to hook up with Freddie. Other than that...just a boring game by our backups.
    Anyway...best of luck the rest of the way until/if you face us in the playoffs!

Sorry but that won't happen. The curse is back in Philly and I would be surprised if they made it back to the NFC championship game! Rams won't be in the playoffs this year! Reality sucks!

JTrotterFan is offline Registered User

Okay...you are kidding yourself if you think the Eagles have no chance. Look what McNabb did to your defense in one series...and you had all your starters in. Don't come and tell me about a stupid curse after what the Red Sox did this year.

The curse ain't in Boston , it's in Philly! :ramlogo:

atcchris is offline Registered User

Someone say fumbles? ANYTHING but fumbles.. lol

WisRamsFan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

JTrotter, don't get to excited that McNabb moved the ball on our starting defense, they haven't played well all year. If our offense didn't score points it was always a nail-biting to watch because the defense couldn't tackle, create turnovers, or put any pressure on the QB.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    if only he would just gameplan like that every week regardless of critisism or not.
    If only our opposition would start their second and third stringers every week so this weak offensive line could do some damage in the trenches.

I wouldn't get too worked up about our running game from yesterday. The Eagles aren't a dominant run defense even with their starters - they rank in the 20s in yards allowed per carry. You said it yourself - this team had nothing to play for and benched their starters either from the get-go or early in the game.

I'm not convinced a gameplan like this is going to work next weekend against the Jets, a team that has provided stronger opposition against the run and a team that still has something to play for.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I asked this in another thread and no one saw it or knows the answer.

What was up with Martz not wanting the half to end? He was on the sidelines laughing but I didn't see who he was looking at. They showed Reid on the other sideline, not looking like he was in on the joke.

Anyone have a clue?

lakerams Guest

Nick-

the Jets are a better run defense team. but, that doesn't mean Mike "Energizer Gunny" Martz ( because he keeps throwing and throwing and throwing ) needs to come out with an off-balance gameplan and pass 3 of 4 plays.
    Last edited by lakerams; -12-29-2004 at 01:27 AM.

lakerams Guest

Mok-

I think I know why. see, Martz is used to not having timeouts in the second quarter, so when he found himself with a couple just before halftime, he had to use them.

just a thought!

moklerman is offline Registered User

Believe me, I assumed that it was something very stupid but hoped that there was some kind of valid reason for what he did. He seemed to be hamming it up with someone in between the plays but I haven't seen any explanation so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast