Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

tonights defense

Notice the actual tackling of the opponent? Notice the pressure on the qb? Notice how many open receivers bledsoe missed, especially after he got gunshy from having leonard in his face all night. Notice the domination at the line of scrimmage?

Simple point. We executed defensively tonight. Do i think this makes marmie a genious? of course not. But it proves the point that its not all his fault that we were so bad this year. I agree he for sure needs to be fired, but we need a LOT of new players on defense.

For all you arch lovers out there, how clueless did he look in pass coverage on the td to the tight end

I would love to have corey ivy back. he was great all year for us.

I really wish he had put faulk in to score the td.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: tonights defense

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Notice the actual tackling of the opponent? Notice the pressure on the qb? Notice how many open receivers bledsoe missed, especially after he got gunshy from having leonard in his face all night. Notice the domination at the line of scrimmage?
    It was actually kind of strange to witness, like some sort of possession.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Look what pressure on the QB does.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

gc why wasnt faulk in there for the touchdown

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Look what pressure on the QB does.
    Exactly. I don't care if it's Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Marc Bulger, no quarterback can thrive under effective pressure.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Vitt was quoted today saying "THIS IS OUR SUPERBOWL" and the players all know that.

I'm not joking either.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

I slept through the game and just woke up! Damn it !! Does or has any one recorded the game ? Please let me know! I'll pay for shipping and the rest if they do!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The D was all over the place tonight. It was refreshing to see for a change. Little, Pisa, Ivy, and Hardgrove had a very good game. Bartell was there to make the tackle, shows that he's improving, and OJ with that pick. He could battle for the starting spot next season. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

OJ should have been in there much earlier this season! Hope Vitt comes back as our coach as well!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Good points, GC. Execution is certainly a big part of it. But when you have a team that can execute and just doesn't, it makes me wonder what they're being coached and how they're being motivated. I'm certainly not saying it's all on Marmie's shoulders, but these guys have shown they CAN play. So the question then becomes, why don't they at times? I agree that we do need more talent, but I think some of the talent tonight made a point to show they still belong.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

For all you arch lovers out there, how clueless did he look in pass coverage on the td to the tight end
    Granted, he looked horrendous on that play, completely turned himself around....I thought it was tx out there on D for a minute.

However, for as bad as Arch looked on that coverage, he was outstanding at the L.O.S.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

A name that I want to see more of after this game........

Jeremy Callahan

This guy was all over the place. No longer a need to draft a DT to replace D-Lew. Callahan will do just fine if he can continue to play like he did last night.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

these guys have shown they CAN play. So the question then becomes, why don't they at times?
    Nick has hit THE defensive question of the year!

Before last night, I actually was buying into the idea that our entire defense is utterly worthless. However, that game showed with crystal clearity that these players are, in fact, capable of holding a team to a reasonable point level. The D-line penetrated and closed gaps. The LB corp ACTUALLY made solid tackles without whiffs. The secondary played aggressive on several routes and managed a couple of turnovers.

Nick is right.....they've shown they CAN, so why DIDN'T they?

Pressure is all we have lacked in the last few years! I havent seen the game but, it sounds to me that we started tackling better and providing the other players time to shine1 Which they should have been doing the last few weeks! So they would really see what weaknesses we have and this year finally address them! Quit drafting wr's and postions that are solid! we need dept at Oline and Dline! Maybe a lb and corner if we dont get any help in Freeagency!

We arent that far away from having a dominate D if the offense would do their job and keep the opposing teams D on the field a bit more! Too many 3 and outs and not scoring in the Red zone will kill ya! I say give Vitt another year to see what he can do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast