Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Was it too soon?

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Re: Was it too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    He WAS wearing a knee brace...
    I am not sure about that. Just checked on gamepass and if he is wearing something it is not easy to see. I am pretty sure he is not wearing something solid like in my picture above. He might be wearing some rubber brace...... Well no matter what he is down and we have to move on with Hill.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Too soon? Maybe, but he has been injury prone with his shoulders and knees his whole career so you have to believe it was just a matter of time. In a way, i guess I prefer now than 5 games in, so we can just move on.

He is the Denario Alexander of QB's. "Lot's of potential, but..."

That and a quarter will get you a phone call. (ok, a little outdated saying, but you get the point).
    macrammer likes this.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Ok I stand corrected. He is wearing some kind of brace. This picture is taken approx 27 seconds into this:

St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher: 'It's devastating for quarterback Sam Bradford' - NFL Videos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Udklip.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	4379

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Realistically 300 days usually isn't enough to fully heal and get back close to 100% no matter how top of the line the medical support and rehab is. If you have never had a serious knee injury I can see why people might think 300 days is enough especially because Adrian Peterson is a freak. AP is an anomoly, he isn't the norm. Look at RG3, he still doesn't look right. If you know anything about the NBA you can see that Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls) still isn't right and is sitting out some FIBA practices and games due to knee soreness and this is going on 2+ years for him.

Sure 300 days is enough to walk around fairly normally, but to play a pro contact sport it's just not enough for 99% of athletes. Adrian Peterson is the one percent and now gives everyone the expectation that anyone can come back as fast as he did. That's just not realistic when dealing with knee injuries.
    Upon further review, you might be onto something here....I rewound the hit a few ties and it was not even a hit really......but Sam appears to extend the knee in anticipation of a big hit (perhaps) but the whole thing looks rather innocuous. Maybe it was just too early. Doesn't help....I understand.... but I am changing my opinion on the matter for what it is worth.
    ramsbruce likes this.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Spilled milk regarding Bradford, but I tend towards blaming the staff who OKed Long, rather than Sam, & that is, of course, an ongoing concern. More complex injury, even less recovery time, and playing a position where the left knee generally takes a lot more stress as an LT kick-slides out to hold the edge in pass-pro.
    I've said all along I hoped The Rams would open with Saffold at LT & I've seen nothing to dissuade me, especially with Davin Joseph apparently doing well.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I think Sam is just plain unlucky and injury prone......4 out of 6 years you can't play a full season tells me so.

300 days seems to be enough time given the TOP OF LINE medical support, state of the art rehab etc. He seems destined to be a guy that had great potential but never came through to meet that potential.

Perhaps the story on Sam is not over. Perhaps.
    haha and we made him the #1 pick even though he displayed the same injury attraction at OK. in fact we drafted him after his year at OK was cut short by yet another injury-- shoulder I believe.

And even now Fisher is too stubborn to admit that Bradford was never the answer; and his picks that we accumulated never went towards a QB of the future. Futility at its best or worst.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    haha and we made him the #1 pick even though he displayed the same injury attraction at OK. in fact we drafted him after his year at OK was cut short by yet another injury-- shoulder I believe.

And even now Fisher is too stubborn to admit that Bradford was never the answer; and his picks that we accumulated never went towards a QB of the future. Futility at its best or worst.
    Such nonsense.

Drafting Bradford made sense. He was the top QB in that draft (notwithstanding his injuries, that has been proven true over time).

Trading the No. 2 pick to the Redskins made sense. The Rams obtained Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy and Greg Robinson as a result.

Not taking a QB in the first round of the last few drafts made sense. The Rams never had a chance at Andrew Luck. RGIII has been as injury prone as Bradford. The other QBs taken in Round 1 of the past few years have been fairly average, at best.

Your "analysis" is hindsight at its best, or worst.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Such nonsense.

Drafting Bradford made sense. He was the top QB in that draft (notwithstanding his injuries, that has been proven true over time).

Trading the No. 2 pick to the Redskins made sense. The Rams obtained Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy and Greg Robinson as a result.

Not taking a QB in the first round of the last few drafts made sense. The Rams never had a chance at Andrew Luck. RGIII has been as injury prone as Bradford. The other QBs taken in Round 1 of the past few years have been fairly average, at best.

Your "analysis" is hindsight at its best, or worst.
    I have heard this one as well all the draft equity is gone...it is?!?! I see it all over this roster. First it was we should have taken RG3 now that he's been hurt and looks bad again so far this year, it's we should have taken another QB with the draft picks we got from not taking RG3 please.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Not too soon IMO, too injury prone.
    RealRam likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12