VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

It took 40 years...

but I'm finally at peace. I seem to have experienced a catharsis of sorts yesterday, when either Wilkins missed his first field goal, or Bulger threw the pick in the end zone.

It essentially became the culmination of every muff we've had this season.

I shook my head slightly, and with a sad little smile, recalled one of my favorite jokes:

"Lord, Ive done everything you've asked of me and never complained - I've even spent three days in the belly of a whale - and just want to understand one thing; 'Why me?'"

To which the Lord repied, " I don't know Job, there' somethin' 'bout you just pisses me off"

Anyway, I'm still gonna' love 'em, and watch 'em and root for 'em, and whatever happens, happens.

It's just not going to be quite so painful anymore.

And oh by the way, if Bulger EVER (consistently) had three or four seconds to throw, instead of two, he'd be being mentioned in the same breath as , (dare I say it?), Brady and Manning, (or at least Palmer and McNabb and Brees).

It's just too simple, which is why everyone's looking everywhere else.

It's the O-line, stupid.

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: It took 40 years...

Great post Vegas, we've been Rams fans for a long time. Seeing them play like this doesnt even compare to how they used to be. We're struggling but I agree, I trhink it is just as simple as the o-line. Bulger is scared in the pocket it's obvious. He is rushing things even when he has time because he doesnt trust them. By the way most of the time he doesnt have time. I can't believe sometimes how close he comes to getting drilled while releasing the ball. Unfortunately this season is pretty much over. Although this could be a blessing in disguise. This may be a year where we get a very high pick and get another player that can contribute right away. We really arent that far off with our talent. We landed two d-tackles in one draft so we are ok there for a while now. I hate seeing them lose but I'm numb to it now because while I still love my team they just arent good this year.
    Just Fix It

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I feel your pain Vegas, and I also feel the same way as you. I'm not going to get depressed from losing games anymore because there is just something wrong with the Offense, and it really is the o-line. It'd be another story if there was no excuse...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'm with ya on this one mate.

For almost 40 years I've endured some pretty miserable seasons, bad coaches, bad trades, a move, but I'm finally getting to the point where it just doesn't bother me like it used to. Oh, I'll continue to root for my team, and I'll continue to wear the colors (shoot, I just bought a brand new Ram golf bag) but it's just one of those years we're going to have to write off. There's just no sense in agonizing about it. I've seen it too many times with this franchise.

The unbelievable amount of injuries and suspension problems have crippled this team beyond recovery this year, and there's not much they can do at this point to salvage the 2007 disaster season except build to the future and get some of their potential future stars more playing time. Heck, why not, the veterans aren't making it happen. What could have been a successful year, will unfortunately probably be a sub .500 season. But I'm not going to let it get to me anymore. I'll be out playing golf on Sunday, enjoying a day on the course, in the sun, in beautiful San Diego, and I'm not even going to check on the Rams/Cowboys score until I finish my round. ...and when I see the inevitable losing score, I'm not gonna let it get me down.

...ok, maybe a little.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Rambos is offline Registered User

but I'm finally at peace. I seem to have experienced a catharsis of sorts yesterday, when either Wilkins missed his first field goal, or Bulger threw the pick in the end zone.

It essentially became the culmination of every muff we've had this season.

I shook my head slightly, and with a sad little smile, recalled one of my favorite jokes:

"Lord, Ive done everything you've asked of me and never complained - I've even spent three days in the belly of a whale - and just want to understand one thing; 'Why me?'"

To which the Lord repied, " I don't know Job, there' somethin' 'bout you just pisses me off"

Anyway, I'm still gonna' love 'em, and watch 'em and root for 'em, and whatever happens, happens.

It's just not going to be quite so painful anymore.

And oh by the way, if Bulger EVER (consistently) had three or four seconds to throw, instead of two, he'd be being mentioned in the same breath as , (dare I say it?), Brady and Manning, (or at least Palmer and McNabb and Brees).

It's just too simple, which is why everyone's looking everywhere else.

It's the O-line, stupid.

I feel your pain Vegas, and I also feel the same way as you. I'm not going to get depressed from losing games anymore because there is just something wrong with the Offense, and it really is the o-line. It'd be another story if there was no excuse...
    I agree, that fact we have no O line, really what can you do.

I also am not as upset as I usually am It might be because we won a SB not too long ago and making the playoffs are not that big of a deal unless you really have a shot to win it all. Lets face it we are not ready yet on both sides of the ball to say we can win it all. Due to circumstance we cannot control, the injure bug, bit us hard and early.

It might be because I know we are a better team then our record shows. It might be because I see our defense getting better. I am going to sit back and watch and root for wins, see who has heart, which players have hugh up side. Then I am going to ask Nick what should we do with those drat picks!