Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Top 10 things Rams fans can say around the water cooler

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The similarities you outlined could fit any number of other teams right now, but you certainly can't add explosive and dominant to your list, which is what matters. The Cardinals are a marginal team that are lucky they're not 2-3.

Again, the Cardinals look improved, but they don't resemble the 99 Rams in any way, shape or form. At least in my opinion.
    I agree, I don't see any similarities. All of the points have already been made, Martz, Faulk, a younger Warner, Horne, Hakim....... and on and on........and on and on and on. Oh I miss 1999.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Rams232 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Quite true, my friend. And as I mentioned, it was the glossing over of the point that struck me. The "Martz" difference is the single biggest difference between those two teams.

I'm just not yet convinced the 26-year-old Faulk and his 2400+ yards are comparable to the 29-year-old Edge and his (projected) 1600+ yards. Nor am I sure the rough and tumble Boldin and Fitzgerald and their "run'em over style" is anywhere near the productive pair of Holt and Bruce under Martz. One reason may be that very style of play......in their short careers Boldin & Fitz have missed more games (13) than Holt & Bruce (1) missed during the entire Martz era. And while the 36-year-old Warner still looks pretty good, he's nowhere near the 28-year-old version. Even the much maligned Rams defense (15 pts./game, 316 yards/game) was significantly better than the Cards D (22 pts/game, 340 yards/game)

However, ignoring all that, the difference in Offensive mindset is simply too much to ever make a meaningful comparison between the 2007 Cards and 1999 Rams. Martz' offense was 1st in points (33/game) and 1st in yards (415/game). The Cards are 8th in points (23/game) and 10th in yards (353/game).

I'm just not seeing the similarities.
    Ok, let me try this one more time. I'm not saying they're the same in all or even most aspects! The main point I'm trying to get across (& I admit I'm failing miserably) is that the Rams came from out of the blue & accomplished something none thought they could do save themselves. The Cards could do the same & perhaps even w/ the same qb. They have many (not all) of the same types of tools. If they get there, will they do so in the exact same manner? No!!!! Might the end result be the similar? Yes. Cinderella Story, where only a few believed. Period. You guys are reading way too much into my post. Man! C'mon guys, I'm not putting down our Rams or trying to equate the Cards w/ us. Just trying to make an observation. Apparently this season has some a little touchy. My apologies. Ram On!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rams232 View Post
    Ok, let me try this one more time. I'm not saying they're the same in all or even most aspects! The main point I'm trying to get across (& I admit I'm failing miserably) is that the Rams came from out of the blue & accomplished something none thought they could do save themselves. The Cards could do the same & perhaps even w/ the same qb. They have many (not all) of the same types of tools. If they get there, will they do so in the exact same manner? No!!!! Might the end result be the similar? Yes. Cinderella Story, where only a few believed. Period. You guys are reading way too much into my post. Man! C'mon guys, I'm not putting down our Rams or trying to equate the Cards w/ us. Just trying to make an observation. Apparently this season has some a little touchy. My apologies. Ram On!
    Easy there Rams232, just some difference of opinion, that's all.

Rams232 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Easy there Rams232, just some difference of opinion, that's all.

Hey, I'm not trying to come down on you guys, just frustrated the point wasn't coming across. Here's to hoping that the Rams get it together this Sunday. Have a great weekend all. Ram On!

Hey, I'm not trying to come down on you guys, just frustrated the point wasn't coming across. Here's to hoping that the Rams get it together this Sunday. Have a great weekend all. Ram On!
    It's all good dude. By the way, welcome.

woody4cards is offline Registered User

raiderhatermike!!!!

i am having WAAAAYYYYY too much fun here.....getting you guys all worked up

superbowl victories? 5
    superbowls lost 3...... by a total of 11 points

Quote Originally Posted by woody4cards View Post
    raiderhatermike!!!!

i am having WAAAAYYYYY too much fun here.....getting you guys all worked up

superbowl victories? 5
    superbowls lost 3...... by a total of 11 points
    Once again, yawn................

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

woody needs a new tree to peck on....move along little birdy, unless you are now a ravens fan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

djones39 is offline Registered User

"Hey, will Jackson cut his hair, that could be dangerous."

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

How about never trying that again. The Cards are not similar to the '99 Rams in any way, except that some have accused them of being an NFL team. Even if they were to somehow make it to the superbowl (which I can almost guarantee won't happen), they will not be considered a "came out of nowhere", superbowl contestant.

For the last 3 years they've been picked to at least contend for a wild-card berth. So they're not completely under the radar, somebody actually expects them to do something sooner or later. I don't recall the Rams being in that position for 3 years prior to the '99 season.

Beyond that, just about every team has similar weapons. Add to that, everything other posters have said to dispute this claim of yours, and it makes me wonder how you came up with this "cinderella" business in the first place..
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -10-14-2007 at 09:56 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rams232
    The main point I'm trying to get across (& I admit I'm failing miserably) is that the Rams came from out of the blue & accomplished something none thought they could do save themselves.
    Absolutely agree. And since this is your main point, I think we can all agree to agree in principal. However.....
    They have many (not all) of the same types of tools.
    ....here's where I'm just not getting it. From my viewpoint, they don't have any of the same tools, much less many of the same tools.
    Apparently this season has some a little touchy.
    It would appear so. But I guess such is life when fan expectation of waking up on October 15th had visions of 6-0 turns a complete 180.

However, as to you main point of a team coming out of nowhere like the '99 Rams......you're absolutely right; that is the dream of every lower echelon team, including the '07 Cards.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Right now, I think the #1 thing Rams fans are saying is "Shhh! Don't let the boss know that we filled the cooler with vodka!"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Back to the H2O cooler. What's up with Jeff Wilkins???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123