Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RockinRam is offline Registered User

Top Positions We Must Rebuild

Frankly, it's time we all start deciding how we're going to rebuild this team.

1: O-Line
    Enough of this rubbish blocking. They can't double block someone much less execute a one on one block. Lecky, Bell and Incognito are getting their arses slaughtered. Orlando Pace should retire. He is not what he use to be. Barron needs to be replaced.

2: Our Secondary
    We are in need of a strong safety very badly. Chavous could not beat a 70-year old lady in a 40 yard dash. We need to get a real, shutdown corner. Brown, Craft and Wade are just not making it happen. We get Justin King back after this season ends but I am not sure how he will execute after taking a whole season off because of injury.

3: A fullback and tight end
    Kreider needs to get the heck off this team. No excuses for poor blocking. You're getting paid man! Do your damn job and block!!
    We also need a tight end that can jump up and make catches, and who can also be a big redzone target Bulger can throw to.

4: Linebacker
    We need a TRUE MLB now. Witherspoon is suited on the outside. We need a real, big brusin' player in the middle to boost our run defense.

5: Quarterback
    We need to get a young guy into this team, and make him into a potential starter. I have faith in Bulger, but we have to face reality here.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -11-02-2008 at 08:15 PM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Top Positions We Must Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by rockinram View Post
    frankly, it's time we all start deciding how we're going to rebuild this team.

5: O-line
    enough of this rubbish blocking. They can't double block someone much less execute a one on one block. Lecky, bell and incognito are getting their arses slaughtered. Orlando pace should retire. He is not what he use to be. Barron needs to be replaced.

4: Our secondary
    we are in need of a strong safety very badly. Chavous could not beat a 70-year old lady in a 40 yard dash. We need to get a real, shutdown corner. Brown, craft and wade are just not making it happen. We get justin king back, but i am not sure how he will execute after taking a whole season off because of injury.

3: A fullback and tight end
    kreider needs to get the heck off this team. No excuses for poor blocking. You're getting paid man! Do your damn job and block!!
    We also need a tight end that can jump up and make catches, and who can also be a big redzone target bulger can throw to.

2: Linebacker
    we need a true mlb now. Witherspoon is suited on the outside. We need a real, big brusin' player in the middle to boost our run defense.

("1"): Quarterback!!!!!!!!
    We need to get a young guy into this team, and make him into a potential starter. I have faith in bulger, but we have to face reality here.
    all in that order!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    all in that order!
    Really. The porous offensive line is a number 5 priority?! That is the team's foundation, and right now the Leaning Tower of Pisa has a better foundation than the Rams. The only reason I could even allow for Incognito and Barron to come back next year is the fact it's impossible to replace the entire offensive line in one off season.

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    all in that order!
    Hmmm, I would much rather see our o-line rebuilt then have a new quarterback behind a very very bad o-line.

Can't agree with you here.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Really. The porous offensive line is a number 5 priority?! That is the team's foundation, and right now the Leaning Tower of Pisa has a better foundation than the Rams. The only reason I could even allow for Incognito and Barron to come back next year is the fact it's impossible to replace the entire offensive line in one off season.
    I'm sorry, I saw Quarterback and I then forgot about the rest of the choices.
    No. #1 for sure is definitly, positively & absolutely the QB position, then whatever else!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheRAMster is offline Registered User

O-line First, Secondary, then QB. I think the D-line is fine.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheRAMster View Post
    This statement has got to be some poor, sick joke.....the D-line is fine?

RockinRam....all I can say to your post is AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRAMster View Post

I would much rather have a great TE target for Bulger to throw to first, then a new QB that does not have a good TE to throw to.

And, our d-line is not fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I would much rather have a great TE target for Bulger to throw to first, then a new QB that does not have a good TE to throw to.

And, our d-line is not fine.
    I'd have to put a DT up there as 1B (with 1A being the O-line)
    I hate to admit it but Linehan tried to gives us a TE and that flopped, but I'm starting to think that maybe "poor coaching" and not just poor personal moves has been an issue for a while. I see many of the former Rams go on to have success in the league (man I watch D. Lewis here in Charlotte & I just have to shake my head in disbelief).

Either way, give both Bulger & T.Holt a TE and our pass offense is totally different.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

We need O-Line, terribly. Trade players, pay top dollar for FA's, do whatever it takes this offseason.

Secondary/D-Line. I like our D-Line, but for whatever reason, we have virtually no pass rush.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    We need O-Line, terribly. Trade players, pay top dollar for FA's, do whatever it takes this offseason.

Secondary/D-Line. I like our D-Line, but for whatever reason, we have virtually no pass rush.

It could be due to the fact that Venturi sends virtually no linebackers to help the D-Line.

But, something that just amazes me to no end is, when we DO send in linebackers, half the time I find that the quarterback is never even TOUCHED, and he gets even MORE time in the pocket.

Frankly, Pace + Goldberg + 1st round pick = 1st round pick + 4th round pick + 7th round pick. Maybe not even that.

Barron = scrub, with almost no value in the market, maybe $100.

Leckey = $1.

Incognito + his temper = -$1,000,000.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -11-02-2008 at 08:54 PM.

[quote=RockinRam;256266]It could be due to the fact that Venturi sends virtually no linebackers to help the D-Line.

But, something that just amazes me to no end is, when we DO send in linebackers, half the time I find that the quarterback is never even TOUCHED, and he gets even MORE time in the pocket.

That has be baffled and I mean BAFFLED as well, we send 6, 7, 8 even and the darn QB gets more time to throw the ball.....my goodness!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    I'd have to put a DT up there as 1B (with 1A being the O-line)
    I hate to admit it but Linehan tried to gives us a TE and that flopped, but I'm starting to think that maybe "poor coaching" and not just poor personal moves has been an issue for a while. I see many of the former Rams go on to have success in the league (man I watch D. Lewis here in Charlotte & I just have to shake my head in disbelief).

Either way, give both Bulger & T.Holt a TE and our pass offense is totally different.
    Are your serious DT is no where near the top. There is only so much the D-line can do, they have been our best unit defensively this year. Carriker and Ryan along with the guys on the outside are good. We just need someone to rotate with the DTs to make them a little more fresh.

1. O-line by far miles and miles away
    2. Secondary
    3. MLB
    4. QB
    5. TE
    6. D-line rotation

We have had so many wasted picks its not even funny. Worst drafters i've ever seen Ziggy and company better be gone by the end of the season. Devaney seems to have had a pretty good draft now lets see some more more of hsi drafties like Grecco and Schuening get a chance over some of our bums. Grecco and Schuening should be our starting right side if even only for evaluation. As for our secondary we need tock up bartell and Oj and find compliments to both of them. Ive never been a fan of moving spoon, but this year ive realized it has to be done.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

TE as of now is bad, but let's remember we do have Randy McMichael. A healthy McMichael is dangerous, he's a great blocker as well.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

TheRAMster is offline Registered User

Amen 39, i agree with you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast