Thread: Torry Holt

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Torry Holt

Should he stay or should he go?

Personally, I think that Holt should be in Horns next year. He gives the kids his praise when they make that big play. He's still a consistent player. He's got the heart that we need on this team.

Avery and Burton are still young. Stanley is included also. I think Holt should be a Ram for sure. He teaches these kids so much. As said in another post, Holt pulled Burton aside and talked to him about something. Torry cares about these kids futures.

I would really hate this game to be Holt's last as a Ram. If you thought losing Bruce was bad, losing Holt will be just as bad.

We won't get a good draft pick for him.

Not sure about you guys, but we could use him for a few more years if his body allows him to keep going.

Thoughts?

HornIt is offline Registered User

Re: Torry Holt

It's time to move on.

And I don't think his heart is in it with this team anymore and he's not the same player anymore physically either.

The Rams could use the cap space. They are a couple years away at least. Holt should be a part of the past, not the future.

Thanks Torry, you've been great but now it's time to go.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

This is a hard call for me to make. Holt is not the same receiver that he was a couple of years ago. He is easier to cover than he was before and he never seems to get away from the defense. He doesn't make the circus catches anymore. He is pretty dependable and he is good for the younger receivers to have around.

This is big business and I expect that the Rams will not be able to afford to keep him around next year, all though I don't know what the cap hit would be for him. Maybe he would restructure his contract, or maybe he would want to coach instead of play.

It will be difficult to see him leave so soon after Bruce, but not unexpected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

i didnt like his attitude this year, so im really torn

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

A very difficult call. From a practical standpoint, he probably won't be kept, as the Rams are in complete rebuilding mode from the front office on down to the players. The Rams must get younger- they are the third oldest team in the league- and while sentiment prevents us from saying "get rid of him", the money he'd count against the cap might be better spent elsewhere. Only if he were to restructure his contract like Isaac Bruce did a few years ago would it make sense financially to keep him.

Torry gets a pass from me on his attitude this year. While I was not happy with his body language and demeanor at times, keep in mind that this is a man who has more receiving yardage in the 2000's than any other receiver and won a Super Bowl in his rookie season. For him to take a back seat in the offense was a blow to his pride, and I feel the coaches owed him the courtesy of telling him they had a commitment to Burton and Avery, if that's what was intended. He is a proud player used to better days, and the Rams ineptitude the past two seasons have undoubtedly been a tremendous source of frustration.

Torry will always be one of my favorite Rams, but I'm not hopeful he'll be back.

denverram is offline Registered User

Torry Holt will be a Carolina Panther next year. He said as much in an interview several months ago posted on this web site. I can't see scenario where he plays for the Rams next season. Team is to bad, he still has a few good years left. He wants to play with his brother and in his home state.

I think he may even ask to be released. This team has no reason to have a player like Holt on its roster. Torry Holt has no reason to be on a team in a rebuilding mode at this point in his carrier.

Thanks for the memories Torry. I will miss you!!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Torry was talking about going to Carolina when his brother was playing for them. Terrance is no longer with them and the appeal of the team may not be the same.

GC said that Torry was emotional during the game and that may be the best indication that says he is on the way out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hmm, Torry Holt has definitely been struggling these past two seasons but I think this is mostly an extension of how poorly the Rams offense has been.

I agree Torry might be seriously considering to move to another team but, as was Kobe Bryant with the Lakers (leaving, not leaving, leaving ... did not leave), I hope our veteran receiver stays with the Rams. We are bound to improve next year and I want to believe Torry too is on a comeback in 2009.

Might as well comeback with the Rams!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

do you make this decision with your head or your heart ? your head says that he should move on because of his age and salary, but your heart says he must stay because he has been a great Ram for 10 years. A very tough call but I think he will end up leaving.