RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Torry Holt and XL!

Holt, Dilfer, Lewis added as NFL Network Super Bowl XL Analysts
    Thursday, January 26, 2006

All Current Players with Super Bowl Experience Providing Uniqueness and Depth to NFL Network’s 60 Hours of Live Super Bowl Coverage.

Trent Dilfer, Torry Holt and Ray Lewis are going to the Super Bowl in Detroit after all.

The three current players have been added as analysts for NFL Network’s comprehensive coverage of the fortieth anniversary of the Super Bowl.

NFL Network’s coverage includes Everything But the Game. NFL Network’s Super Bowl week is presented by Coors Light.

Dilfer, who won a Super Bowl with the Baltimore Ravens in 2000, and spent four years with the Seahawks, will work as an analyst on NFL Total Access’ coverage of Super Bowl XL Tuesday through Friday on the NFL Total Access set in Detroit with Rich Eisen, Terrell Davis, Lincoln Kennedy and Rod Woodson, covering all angles of Super Bowl XL from the game to the happenings around the “motor city.”

Holt, Pro-Bowl wide receiver for the St. Louis Rams and a winning-member of Super Bowl XXXIV, will serve as one of NFL Network’s Media Day correspondents on Tuesday, Jan. 31. Holt, who has participated in Media Day as a player twice, will interview members of both teams heading into the biggest game of their careers.

Lewis, who was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2000 and MVP of Super Bowl XXXV with the Ravens, will serve as an analyst joining the NFL Total Access crew Friday through Sunday in Detroit.

NFL Network’s signature show will be live on the scene each day from the Marriott Renaissance Center, site of the Super Bowl XL Media Center, beginning Sunday, January 29 with news, interviews and analysis.

Even without attending Super Bowl XL in Detroit, fans can see everything about the big game by watching NFL Network’s 60-plus hours (up to 11 hours a day) of live Super Bowl programming from the Motor City including interviews and all press conferences.

NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the first television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For more information, log onto www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/home.

NFL Network: Everything But the Game

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Re: Torry Holt and XL!

When he retires he will be straight into broadcasting,he is better than anyone at ESPN anyday.He did a great job at the draft last year too

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Torry Holt better not get dissrespected like Dhani Jones did. But if he does, its not like I can really do anything about it. : (

bruce_wannabe Guest

What Happened To Dhani Jones????? I Thought He Did Great Last Year

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    What Happened To Dhani Jones????? I Thought He Did Great Last Year
    No, no. Wait, you mean he did a great job as an analyst right? Yes he did a good job as an analyst, but I am hoping Holt doesn't get dissrespected like he did. I am pretty sure it was Tom Brady who was in his face about not being in the playoffs and crap. Really jackass antics.

AJD45 is offline Registered User

I always get nervous when current players start getting involved in broadcasting. Seems like once they start getting a taste of the good life possible after football they would be vulnerable to losing some of their work ethic and could turn into a Jason Sehorn (more about the image of being a football player than actually being one). But Holt has remained consistently great on the field, so no complaints so far. And I enjoyed watching him during the draft (anything is good that takes away from Berman's tired old shtick).

Quote Originally Posted by AJD45
    I always get nervous when current players start getting involved in broadcasting. Seems like once they start getting a taste of the good life possible after football they would be vulnerable to losing some of their work ethic and could turn into a Jason Sehorn (more about the image of being a football player than actually being one). But Holt has remained consistently great on the field, so no complaints so far. And I enjoyed watching him during the draft (anything is good that takes away from Berman's tired old shtick).
    Yea, that kinda thing does happen, but I don't see it happenin to Holt.

archholt is offline Registered User

Holt has said that he wants to retire somewhat early in his career knowing that he could have been one of the best still for a few more years. And he is interested in broadcasting afterwards but I hope that it is no time too soon.

Hodgins is offline Registered User

torry holt is the picture of class, how lucky ramfans are to have a reciever in the media because of his broadcasting prowess, not because of his contract antics or retarded endzone celebrations

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue: