NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Total Meltdown- Back To Square One

After two solid weeks of football which led me to believe maybe we weren't quite as bad as we'd shown in weeks 1-4, we've reverted to form. Just a terrible effort today featuring everything that was wrong with this team to start the season. Non-existent receivers, giving up the big play, continuing to make unknowns (this week it's Hightower and Urban) look like Hall-of-Famers, allowing a sure interception to fall into the arms of a receiver, You name it. Jackson may as well not even have played, dropping a sure tochdown and doing absolutely nothing offensively.

I have been a big defender of Marc Bulger. Today is the day I say enough is enough. He has taken a huge step back and hasn't shown me he's capable of carrying a team on his shoulders when others don't come through. He's solid at times, mediocre at others. Today, he was terrible.

I told anyone who cared to listen to reserve judgment on handing Haslett the keys to the kingdom on the heels of two good wins. Today proves my point. This kind of effort at home vs. a division opponent (especially one quarterbacked by Kurt Warner on a day they put Dick Vermeil into the ring of honor) was disgraceful.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Total Meltdown- Back To Square One

Oh, come on. The running game went nowhere. The offensive line was terrible. On the first sack of the day, Bell and Lechey doubled up on a guy who still effortlessly waltzed right through the both of them. Receivers repeatedly dropped catchable balls. But who is the scapegoat? Of course, Bulger.

The loss was the product of a meltdown on both sides of the ball at the end of the second quarter. We lost composure after that interception and then the fluky Urban reception that was practically handed to him by Wade (he wasn't really that close to catching it until Wade juggled it and fell down). For the rest of the game, we outscored them 13-10.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

What are you talking about- we outscored them 13-10 the rest of the way? We led 7-0. Arizona then put up 31 unanswered points. Apparently you didn't bother to read my entire post before you apologized for Bulger's performance. Yes, there was plenty of blame to go around, which I rightly pointed out. But you know what, Marc? OVERCOME THAT BY CARRYING US FOR A SPELL. Throw for 350 yards. DON'T THROW a critical interception that's returned for a touchdown and changes the complexion of the game.

Like I said, I've been a defender of Marc Bulger for two years because of the injuries and the o-line woes, but it's time he stands up and starts performing like a franchise player. Guys like Joe Flacco and Chad Pennington are outperforming him.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    What are you talking about- we outscored them 13-10 the rest of the way? We led 7-0. Arizona then put up 31 unanswered points. Apparently you didn't bother to read my entire post before you apologized for Bulger's performance. Yes, there was plenty of blame to go around, which I rightly pointed out. But you know what, Marc? OVERCOME THAT BY CARRYING US FOR A SPELL. Throw for 350 yards. DON'T THROW a critical interception that's returned for a touchdown and changes the complexion of the game.

Like I said, I've been a defender of Marc Bulger for two years because of the injuries and the o-line woes, but it's time he stands up and starts performing like a franchise player. Guys like Joe Flacco and Chad Pennington are outperforming him.
    Both of those teams are either more talented (B-more) or more discipline/give a better effort(Miami). And the results shows.

Bulger is not the problem although he continues to get the blame.

TheRAMster is offline Registered User

Man!!!!!! Say it again!!!!!!!!!

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

MB made some poor throws/decisions but his overall performance is STILL a reflection of the team as a whole. And it's not a pretty sight.We all saw the missed blocks,dropped passes/INTs,and assorted garbage that passed for a performance today so I won't reiterate specifically. But did no one else feel Haslett coached his worst game so far?

I'll never understand deferring on the toss at home,esp against that offense. I didn't understand & was embarrassed by the last drive of the half as well. Like watching a little boy who's just been spanked trying to run out of the room but keeps getting pulled back by the ear for a little more humiliation.Not the ballsy Haz I've come to admire.

Then he goes all schizo to open the 3rd with a 4th & 1 at our own 33 when we clearly couldn't run the ball. WTF?

I also blame Haz for the SJ situation-not that he should have pulled him earlier in the Dallas game so much as allowing him on the field today when he obviously didn't have faith enough in his fitness to let him play a full role.

For better or worse, SJ is a highly emotional guy who needs to play his way into the game.When most of his involvement results in either key drops or a fumble, you are not helping either the team or him to stay focussed in the face of adversity.

Now that we've pretty much screwed the NFC West pooch, I'd like to see a change in the O-line.I was all for letting them gel but they remain jelly.Bring up one of the rookies for RG & move Cogs to C. Maybe Bulger will have half a chance to make a completion between the hashes with Mungo in front of him instead of the Leprachaun.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Marc Bulger may not be the problem, but he sure wasn't the answer today. Not all qb's get all day to sit in the pocket and think about who they want to throw to. No a good qb reads and reacts and gets the ball out in a hurry. Sure our oline sucks, but we can't just keep giving Bulger the free pass because he has pressure. It is the NFL, quarterbacks are gonna get pressure(oh wait unless they are playing the Rams...) and they need to be able to cope with it. Marc just can't handle it.

TheRAMster is offline Registered User

Man we need an enema.