Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Trade ALERT: Rams trade Orien Harris for WR Ronald Curry

Quote Originally Posted by BobCarl View Post
    That is NOT how I said it. Straw man argument from a mod. Yawn
    There is no straw man argument; the quote speaks for itself...

The Rams red-zone scoring just improved dramatically.
    You later claimed that Curry "wasn't brought on board to be a 'dramatic' improvement. yet people are arguing as if he was."

But again, not only does this seem to contradict your earlier phrasing, but you're also the only person in this thread that characterized his impact on this team in those terms, so I'm also not sure whom these "people" you mention are.

If you're interested in explaining "how you said it" and how that's different from the way your statements have being perceived, you're more than welcome to do so.

However, if your intentions are to be snarky, accuse others of things you did to them first, and try to deny the existence of your perceived inconsistency by claiming I'm posing a straw man argument in pointing it out, then let's save some time and both move on.

Up to you.

rammiser is online now Registered User

Basically the way I see it is we traded a guy (Leonard) who wasnt an impact player for another guy (Harris) who wasnt and impact player and traded him for another guy (Curry) who isnt an impact player. To me all of this is basically a wash. Sure dt was a need but Spags and the front office think wr is a bigger need. I'll just go ahead and trust our re-vamped front office on this one.
    Just Fix It

here is the deal.

This site discusses ideas and takes arguments and expands them.
    If you don't like that ... Shouting aint going to make it better and by typing in very large font (that's shouting) it just shows your loosing the argument AND to top it off, you then take a shot at this site. Sounds like a looser to me. But let everyone else make that judgement.
    If you don't want valid discussion on Ram football, go somewhere else if you canny handle it. Fair enough?
    If you want everyone to agree with your thoughts, stick to your own site.

.................. nuff said.

BobCarl is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    here is the deal.

This site discusses ideas and takes arguments and expands them.
    If you don't like that ... Shouting aint going to make it better and by typing in very large font (that's shouting) it just shows your loosing the argument AND to top it off, you then take a shot at this site. Sounds like a looser to me. But let everyone else make that judgement.
    If you don't want valid discussion on Ram football, go somewhere else if you canny handle it. Fair enough?

.................. nuff said.
    A mod of your site took a cheap shot. used a disengenuous logic fallacy. And you allowed it to happen.

yet you offer me a lecture on "valid argument"

And most often I do go elsewhere for valid discussion. My low post count here and the number of your former members participating at those sites are proof of that.

If you want everyone to agree with your thoughts, stick to your own site.
    Obviously that is how you run things here, I don't consider that concept "valid discussion".

Best wishes to you.

BobCarl is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    There is no straw man argument
    FALSE

You took my words out of their context than preceeded to dismantle them in another context.

That's pathetic, especially for a mod.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

FALSE

You took my words out of their context than preceeded to dismantle them in another context.

That's pathetic, especially for a mod.
    You know what's pathetic? Continuing to cry foul about being taken out of context yet refusing to demonstrate how that was done despite being given the opportunity.

You know what's pathetic? Whining about how a moderator "effed" with what you said, yet suddenly going silent when it's revealed by the same moderator that you did the exact same thing to him earlier in the thread.

If you felt your position was misrepresented, you had every chance to actually explain how that happened or to reconcile your statements. Again, I welcomed you doing so:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If you're interested in explaining "how you said it" and how that's different from the way your statements have being perceived, you're more than welcome to do so.
    But what did you do? You responded with more vague accusations that you didn't bother to support, and then took shots at this website. You cried foul while refusing to demonstrate that a foul actually took place. That's the behavior of someone who got caught in a contradiction but has too big of an ego to admit it.

This is a family site, but that doesn't mean we have to put up with infantile behavior such as this. You have other places you go for valid discussion? That's great. Please take your "contributions" there.
    Last edited by Nick; -07-26-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234