throwback week

Thread: Trade Down?

btimsah Guest

Trade Down?

I get the feeling the front office and coaching staff are really going to rebuild this team from the ground up. I'm starting to wonder if they won't trade a lot in the draft to stockpile draft picks to start getting some new blood in here.

I know a lot assume were gonna take a left tackle to replace Pace, but with a team that's rebuilding it would not surprise me to see them trade down and then get a lotta guys. What say you?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Trade Down?

I dont think there is a snowballs chance in Hades that we trade down in Round 1. There is no incentive for anyone below the Rams to trade with them.

However, Rounds 2-7 are definately possible.

MarshallMarshall Guest

I'd like to see us try to aquire another 2nd rounder, then if we get curry in the 1st we could get brace with our first 2nd rounder and a tackle with our second 2nd rounder............... wouldn't that be nice.

btimsah Guest

I was thinking of maybe trading down, even 1 spot to get the Linebacker from Wake Forrest, or even Arajpaho.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    I was thinking of maybe trading down, even 1 spot to get the Linebacker from Wake Forrest, or even Arajpaho.
    Why would the Chiefs want to trade up 1 spot? That doesn't make much sense to me, there is no reason to do so.

HornIt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    Why would the Chiefs want to trade up 1 spot? That doesn't make much sense to me, there is no reason to do so.
    Unless they really covet Curry and are afraid the Rams will take him in front of them.

I don't think they'll be able to find a trading partner to trade down either, but it would be nice if they could. They could get their OT without having to reach for him in that case and still pick up an additional 2nd round pick and maybe some change.

BEER is offline Registered User

Only two things can happen to make me believe we are trying to
    be a post season team.

#1. We get Curry in the first.

#2. If we dont get Curry we trade down and get more picks to rebuild this team.
    Last edited by BEER; -03-13-2009 at 11:36 PM.

blood85 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Only two things can happen to make me believe we are trying to
    be a post season team.

#1. We get Curry in the first.

#2. If we dont get Curry we trade down and get more picks to rebuild this team.
    I agree with BEER, we're either getting Curry or trading down and going for broke.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    Unless they really covet Curry and are afraid the Rams will take him in front of them.

I don't think they'll be able to find a trading partner to trade down either, but it would be nice if they could. They could get their OT without having to reach for him in that case and still pick up an additional 2nd round pick and maybe some change.
    So let me get this, trade down one spot to get Curry. And the Chiefs trade up a SPOT TO GET cURRY. iS THERE 2 CURRY'S OR DID YOU NOT READ THE THREAD.

HornIt Guest

So let me get this, trade down one spot to get Curry. And the Chiefs trade up a SPOT TO GET cURRY. iS THERE 2 CURRY'S OR DID YOU NOT READ THE THREAD.
    I read the thread.

The poster you responded to said he'd like to trade down one spot to get Curry OR Orakpo (I think Orakpo is who he meant). You responded asking why the Chiefs would trade up one spot? I answered that they might be interested in trading up one spot to get ahead of the Rams to take Curry.

Is that straight now?

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hornit View Post
    i read the thread.

The poster you responded to said he'd like to trade down one spot to get curry or orakpo (i think orakpo is who he meant). You responded asking why the chiefs would trade up one spot? I answered that they might be interested in trading up one spot to get ahead of the rams to take curry.

Is that straight now?
    not really, he said trade down to get curry so why would we do that if the chiefs want him? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of trading down to get him?

HornIt Guest

not really, he said trade down to get curry so why would we do that if the chiefs want him? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of trading down to get him?
    Well, we wouldn't do that if we wanted Curry and only Curry. But you asked why the Chiefs would want to move up, and Curry could be why. So could Crabtree actually. And if the Rams were interested in two players, not only Curry, as he suggested, then the Rams might be interested in making that move.

None of it is likely though, so no use belaboring it.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hornit View Post
    well, we wouldn't do that if we wanted curry and only curry. But you asked why the chiefs would want to move up, and curry could be why. So could crabtree actually. And if the rams were interested in two players, not only curry, as he suggested, then the rams might be interested in making that move.

None of it is likely though, so no use belaboring it.
    your right, no use.