Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Trade Steven Jackson

Why not? He's the only player on this team that has any value to others. This team is going nowhere anyway, why not get some value for the guy while we can, move him to a place where he can win, and start over? The Rams need playmakers, badly. More than just Jackson. Pull a Dallas Cowboys type of trade, get multiple picks for Jackson, and start rebuilding correctly. This Rams team isn't going to win this year and probably next year anyway, so why not get some major value from the one player that can get it?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Trade Steven Jackson

Ok seriously i bought a holt jersey last year and we release him so i bought a jackson jersey this year. Im not buying another jersey every year damnit.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

If it's an offer we can't refuse I guess we'd kinda have to. I hate to say that because Jackson is my favorite player on the Rams but at this point I'm willing to do anything for the benefit of this team, to get better as quickly as possible...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Because it would violate the salary cap and cause the Rams to lose draft picks?

Not if its done at the end of the year with next year being a no-cap year

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

The only problem with the Herschel Walker trade is trying to find our Vikings. I mean who wants to be the one who is responsible for a dynasty? It would have to be multiple first round draft picks, and I'm not sure who would be wiling to sacrifice that. They would have to believe that a runnning back is all they need to be Super Bowl favorites, any ideas? Plus I wouldn't want him in the division, so they Squaks and the Cards are out of it.

Packers?
    Patriots?
    Nothing really jumps out at me.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Why not?
    Because we have too many needs to be creating another one unnecessarily.

He's the only player on this team that has any value to others.
    I disagree (see my "fire sale" thread).

Pull a Dallas Cowboys type of trade, get multiple picks for Jackson, and start rebuilding correctly. This Rams team isn't going to win this year and probably next year anyway, so why not get some major value from the one player that can get it?
    Unless the Rams get 2 (relatively high) first round picks in the deal, I don't see a net gain from a trade.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

After this season I'd be 100% in favor of it. Right now it's impossible. A high first round pick and a second round pick would be fine with me at this point. By the time the Rams are in a position to be competitive, Jackson will be broken or worn out.

As for teams, Patriots, Saints, Packers, Bills, Ravens, Chargers and always the Redskins for goofy trades as possible contenders. Jackson would be awesome on the Ravens.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I would be afraid of what we might do with the picks but it’s better to have a quality player you can build around then to let him go for unknowns. Spags wants to run the ball we need a back like SJ if we did not have him we would be looking for one like him in the draft anyway. Yes this team is going nowhere anytime soon but you got to put a team on the field that the fans can get behind we need star talent and sense SJ is the only star in the sky how about lets not shoot him down.
    :ramlogo:

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Please watch the 4th quarter of the game yesterday, and watch Jackson play ...

Watch how he ran, see how pissed off he was, see how much he cares ...

When many on the board were clamoring for him to be pulled from the game, I watched him run, I fed off his intensity, and it reinstilled a sense of being proud to be a Ram's fan, despite the score ...

And you REALLY want to send this guy away, for RISKY draft picks?

He is going to almost SINGLE-HANDEDLY turn this franchise around, and only part of it will be his great play on the field ...

In the next two years, S.J. is going to become THE BACK in the NFL. Look what he is doing with NOTHING around him right now, against 8 and 9 man fronts ...

Flipper89 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Please watch the 4th quarter of the game yesterday, and watch Jackson play ...

Watch how he ran, see how pissed off he was, see how much he cares ...

When many on the board were clamoring for him to be pulled from the game, I watched him run, I fed off his intensity, and it reinstilled a sense of being proud to be a Ram's fan, despite the score ...

And you REALLY want to send this guy away, for RISKY draft picks?

He is going to almost SINGLE-HANDEDLY turn this franchise around, and only part of it will be his great play on the field ...

In the next two years, S.J. is going to become THE BACK in the NFL. Look what he is doing with NOTHING around him right now, against 8 and 9 man fronts ...
    Well said infiniti,

I was there yesterday and i saw what you saw, Jackson is the only thing to be proud of on our Offense, I left the game still feeling proud of our Rams even though we had a terrible game with repeated mistakes, because i truely feel were heading in the right direction, the score doesn't show it of course. But if you trade Jax it will set us back even more, we have argueably the best back in the league behind a terrible O-line, i say we trade or release a couple of our O lineman ( Barron and Bell ) if anything and keep trying to peice it together.

RealRam is offline Registered User

No, TX. I don't think it's a good idea -- right now, anyway.

Jax is the corner stone of the Rams offense even if the Rams offense is presently not producing points. You mentioned 'start over / start rebuilding correctly' as part of this potential trade but I think such procedure is already in motion within our offense. Sure, it's all too painful to watch and bear but that's how it probably would continue to be if we had three, four or seven other (new) players being put into the current project of transforming the Rams under HC Spags.

I say let's take the brunt of these growing pains and stick with the plan for another 7 weeks. But I'd hate to see SJ leave -- he's one of our true / few mainstay players.

My main train of thought on this is the following: by the time this team gets to the point of contention, is Jackson going to be the same back as he is now? That could be three years more of pounding.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    My main train of thought on this is the following: by the time this team gets to the point of contention, is Jackson going to be the same back as he is now? That could be three years more of pounding.
    Maybe not, maybe he will end his career here like Bettis did in Pittsburgh ...

Why does this matter?

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    No, TX. I don't think it's a good idea -- right now, anyway.

Jax is the corner stone of the Rams offense even if the Rams offense is presently not producing points. You mentioned 'start over / start rebuilding correctly' as part of this potential trade but I think such procedure is already in motion within our offense. Sure, it's all too painful to watch and bear but that's how it probably would continue to be if we had three, four or seven other (new) players being put into the current project of transforming the Rams under HC Spags.

I say let's take the brunt of these growing pains and stick with the plan for another 7 weeks. But I'd hate to see SJ leave -- he's one of our true / few mainstay players.
    Agreed. SJ IS our offense. We can't let a dude like that go. He's one of the top 5 backs in the league. Lets not make the same mistake we did with Bettis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast