Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Talks...

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Trade Talks...

Well guys its official, ESPN reports that we are shopping....

Alex Barron, LT
    and....
    Randy McMichael, TE

It would seem that O.J. Atogwe and Steven "The Beast" Jackson are safe now in part due to the fact that we supposedly asked too much for "The Beast". However, it seems that we are also asking too much for Barron as well. It is just as many of us thought, we moved Barron to (LT) so that we could use him as Trade bait. Guess we'll see what happens, remember guys the trade deadline ends today at 4pm.

*As a side note, I'm actually pleased overall because I really thought that we were going to trade "The Beast" to the Patriots, but I assume that after their offensive showing on sunday (althought it was against the lowly Titans) they aren't worrying about protecting Brady with a sound running game/feel that they already have one in place.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Re: Trade Talks...

If a trade for Jackson to the Patriots happened you could pretty much guarantee that the Rams wouldn't win a game this season and you could also give the Patriots the Superbowl so thank god that didn't happen.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't say its "official" merely because ESPN is talking about it. It could merely be a case of one of their writers thinking it is a good idea.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Where did ESPN report this? On air or in an article? If it's the latter, can you copy and paste the segment so we can see how "official" it looks?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I wouldn't say its "official" merely because ESPN is talking about it. It could merely be a case of one of their writers thinking it is a good idea.
    Well hello to you too AV, man I don't post in forever, and when I do you again have something to say....what else could I expect from AV(LOL)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Where did ESPN report this? On air or in an article? If it's the latter, can you copy and paste the segment so we can see how "official" it looks?
    Nick, I'm hurt & disappointed that you would doubt me. I'm watching SportsCenter now, they just did the piece about 10min ago, it'll play again within the hour. After all I'm a minister Nick I wouldn't lie to you guys.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Nobody accused you of lying. We are only questioning whether what you saw was truly "official," or merely sportswriter speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It is currently 11:24am in my time zone Nick, and the piece is about to air again in about 2-5 minutes. on Sportscenter

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I would love for us to trade Barron. I really can't see us re-signing him this offseason considering he'll want LT money and we already have our LT of the future in J. Smith.

McMichael too, as he'll be gone this off-season. But we'll be lucky to get a 7th-rounder for him.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Adam Shefter of ESPN did report that the Rams would listen to offers for Barron and that some teams have expressed interest, but that the Rams price would be high. He also said McMichael is available.

He also mentioned that WR Deion Branch is being shopped by Seattle.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Adam Shefter of ESPN did report that the Rams would listen to offers for Barron and that some teams have expressed interest, but that the Rams price would be high. He also said McMichael is available.

He also mentioned that WR Deion Branch is being shopped by Seattle.
    Deion branch for alex barron maybe? They better give up more then branch if we are to make that trade. Although we do need someone to give the hags alot of false starts.

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Deion branch for alex barron maybe? They better give up more then branch if we are to make that trade. Although we do need someone to give the hags alot of false starts.
    Branch is injury prone, that's the main issue with him and he's not a #1 at this point in his career which is what we need.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I wonder what the Rams would get as a compensatory pick if Barron left via free agency? The Rams would need to ask for more than what they expect to receive. 4th rounder as compensation would probably be reasonable so anything higher in the round would be fine with me.

shower beers is offline Registered User

We should be shopping Barron for a high price. When you ook at the last couple years of free agency, what marquee LTs have been on available? There's been almost no market, because they're so coveted by teams. The demand for a solid LT is really high, so we should take advantage of that it we can.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Also, no to Branch. The guy is lost in the depth charts in Seattle and is past his prime.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Pity for Barron...

I thought he would come out and perform well against the Jags, considering how great he did against Jared Allen two weeks ago..

However during the Jag's game, he consistently got bullied and pushed around...Sigh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast