Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Trading Steven Jackson

Man we are not only beating this poor dead horse, we are beating its dead children and grandchildren.

As much as I love S Jax, and think he is the only player on this team, I would absolutely trade him for four first round picks, four second round picks, and a handful of third, fourth, and fifth picks. Bcause thats basically what the HW trade was, and what I would want for Jackson.

Only problem is of course, it takes two to tango my friends.

And thats all I have to say about that.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Sorry to bust you bubble, but what draft pic in the last 7 years has
    changed the rams bad play? Yea we might get the #1 pick, but will it change
    anything else?
    I agree with a lot you have to say. But we need good high pics, and a
    lot of them. Trading Jackson would give us a couple of those.

Lets put it this way...... In 3 to 5 years, do you seeing us wining the SB with Jackson? I dont thinks so, but what I do think is we can start
    to build a solid "TEAM" around 5 or 6 good draft pics.
    If no draft pick in the last 7 years as helped us then why would the picks we get for Jackson be any different?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I agree with a lot you have to say. But we need good high pics, and a
    lot of them. Trading Jackson would give us a couple of those.

Lets put it this way...... In 3 to 5 years, do you seeing us wining the SB with Jackson? I dont thinks so, but what I do think is we can start
    to build a solid "TEAM" around 5 or 6 good draft pics.
    I actually do see that happening. Unlike some other people I really think Spags and Devaney are the guys to turn this thing around.

We currently have 9 draft picks so if we hit on at least half of those picks we would really have a solid team. Lets say we draft Suh and he is truely the game changing talent we thought he would be. Chris Long would become a pass rushing force, Lauranatis has more protection he makes more plays, Guys in the secondary like OJ and Bartell can make more plays because QBs are under more pressure. Doesn't necessarily have to be Suh, but If we get an impact player like that you are going to see drastic improvements in the secondary. The same thing goes for getting a Franchise QB. In that situation you may not get the best year 1, but you will have a franchise changing talent in the future.

In short to answer your question, yes I do think we could go to the superbowl in 3 to 5 years things change in this league every day. If we want to change we are going need to continue to hit on our draft picks

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

3-5 years is a long time... does everyone forget how bad the cardinals were before they drafted Fitz, boldin, and got warner through FA? I mean just a couple of key acquisitions and very productive drafts, there they are a few plays away from winning it all. If the cards can do it, so can we!!!

TRUERAMFAN is offline Registered User

Your out of your mind to even consider trading the best player our team. If we trade him we my as well start playing baseball.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Sorry to bust you bubble, but what draft pic in the last 7 years has
    changed the rams bad play? Yea we might get the #1 pick, but will it change
    anything else?
    pretty ignorant way to look at it. everyone knows the rams' drafting has been bad over the last 10 years or so...difference being, this year it wasn't. let me make one thing clear...ONE GUY DOESN'T CHANGE EVERYTHING. it takes 11 guys on o and 11 guys on d plus special teams. we've made progress towards becoming a complete team, but there's still work to be done. if we can get another 2-3 starters through the draft, a free agent or two, and some of the young talent that is still developing catches up to nfl speed, well, we'll be where we need to be. it's called rebuilding, look it up.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

You don't trade Jackson, you build around him.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I'm always for trading one impact player to net multiple impact players. Should the Rams receive an offer of multiple 1st day picks and maybe a pretty decent replacement RB, I'd have no problem pulling the trigger. Something similar to what NE was rumored to be offering at the trade deadline would certainly work for me.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Now im aware im about to catch a huge amount of verbal abuse for this post but i ask the reader to hear me out. Steven Jackson is a great runningback currently in this league i think we can all agree there. My point is this. The rams are a rebuilding team. By the time we get to the point where we want to be as an organization, the way sjax is running now and being used, he'll be old and tired. If we traded sjax now we could get some first round picks are some other big names in free agency. Remember the story of jimmy johnson and the cowboys, we can no longer afford one good player and the everyone else sucks. We need stars all over the roster and guys for the future. Id appreciate your thoughts
    Honestly I would actually consider it and think it was a good idea but the Walker deal was a one of a time trades, I don't for see any time giving up their whole draft for one player anymore.... which is what they did look it up... Vermeil took over and on year three we won superbowl... stay the course

RamsFanThruItAll!!! is offline Registered User

How many fans will keep watching the Rams if they trade Jackson??? Im sure die hard fans will but does the average fan really want to watch that game?

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    pretty ignorant way to look at it. everyone knows the rams' drafting has been bad over the last 10 years or so...difference being, this year it wasn't. let me make one thing clear...ONE GUY DOESN'T CHANGE EVERYTHING. it takes 11 guys on o and 11 guys on d plus special teams. we've made progress towards becoming a complete team, but there's still work to be done. if we can get another 2-3 starters through the draft, a free agent or two, and some of the young talent that is still developing catches up to nfl speed, well, we'll be where we need to be. it's called rebuilding, look it up.
    You must have skipped posts. Read from first post to understand.
    I actually agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanThruItAll!!! View Post
    How many fans will keep watching the Rams if they trade Jackson??? Im sure die hard fans will but does the average fan really want to watch that game?
    I watched with out Bettis.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    Honestly I would actually consider it and think it was a good idea but the Walker deal was a one of a time trades, I don't for see any time giving up their whole draft for one player anymore.... which is what they did look it up... Vermeil took over and on year three we won superbowl... stay the course
    Only 8 players were on the SB team that were there before Vermeil. He got
    faulk and build the rest of that team.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I watched with out Bettis.
    Are you an average fan?

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Are you an average fan?
    On this Web sit I am because everyone on here is a WAY above average fan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast