Thread: Training Camp

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Training Camp

“Each year we will explore all options for training camp.” said Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo. “This year we feel it is in the best interest of our football team to conduct training camp at Russell Training Center.”

I guess I'll be spending some time in Earth City soon.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Training Camp

Translation: To the surprise of absolutely no one, we had no luck prising the rent for a place with less humidity than St. Louis in the summer (ie, just about any place besides a tropical rain forest) out of Chippy Boy.

I honestly wonder what this team's conditioning would be like if camp was held in a place where you could actually get a decent practice in outside during the day.
    Last edited by PeoriaRam; -04-17-2010 at 03:14 AM.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Peoria they could have had the training camp in the Garden of Eden and you'd whine about it....

Nothing wrong with the Russell Training Center. I'll have to see if i can get out there.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Peoria they could have had the training camp in the Garden of Eden and you'd whine about it....

Nothing wrong with the Russell Training Center. I'll have to see if i can get out there.
    Since conditioning appears to be one of the larger problems confronting this team the last few years, it seems logical to me that we need to hold training camp in a place that you can get more practice in during the day without running afoul of the NFL's post-Korey Stringer workout and practice restrictions in heat. The climate at Mequon was great for the team doing just that. The climate in St. Louis, which is in a lowland surrounded by two rivers....not so much.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Since conditioning appears to be one of the larger problems confronting this team the last few years, it seems logical to me that we need to hold training camp in a place that you can get more practice in during the day without running afoul of the NFL's post-Korey Stringer workout and practice restrictions in heat. The climate at Mequon was great for the team doing just that. The climate in St. Louis, which is in a lowland surrounded by two rivers....not so much.
    Peoria

I actually agree with you on this issue *cough* checks outside to make sure earth is still spinning in proper orbit *cough*, but how well did the Rams perform after holding training camp in Wisconsin 2 years ago?

Seems to me that the injuries and conditioning issues were about the same overall.

Having said that, however, I do tend to agree that moving TC to a more weather-friendly environment would seem to be a more viable option to help improve the performance of a team that has won 6 games over the past 3 years.

WHAT SAY YE?