RamWraith is offline Registered User

Training Camp Quotes

Wednesday, August 4, 2004

S Adam Archuleta

(On how training camp has been going so far)
    “It’s been a pretty good camp. We started off we’ve had a lot of contact. It’s been real physical. (Coach Martz) has kind of given us a break. I think we’re gearing up for the next few days with the Chicago Bears, and getting ready for that kind of camp atmosphere.”

(On scrimmaging during training camp)
    “It’s cool. It’s a change up. It breaks up camp and the monotony of camp and going against each other. I think it will be good for us just to get some fresh guys out there.”

(On taking on more leadership roles)
    “Leadership just comes. You don’t thrust yourself into that role just by setting a good example, playing well, and doing all the little things right. You don’t really start to see, in my opinion, true leadership come until the season starts. I feel like without a doubt, that’s (leadership role) a responsibility of mine, and that’s my role on this team. It’s something that I’ll progress into as the season goes on and as my career goes on.”

(On how the teams progressing)
    “We’re optimistic, but obviously it’s camp. We’ve been in camp one week and we have over a month until we play our first regular season game, so it’s just a building process. By no means do we think we’ve peaked, and we don’t want to get to that point. We just come out here and work and try to get better everyday.”

(On tutoring the younger players)
    “You just want to keep advancing your game. You never want to stay the same. You don’t want to be complacent. Whatever you’ve been able to do in the past, you want to build on that and expand yourself as a player.”

(On playing with S Aeneas Williams)
    “Every team needs great examples and it’s good to have guys who have been around and have done it, who can tell their story, who can watch their examples everyday. We’re very fortunate to have (him). We have a lot of guys on our team like that. We have guys on the offensive side of the ball who a lot of the young guys really look up to.”

CB Jerametrius Butler

(On how OB Marc Bulger has looked)
    “He throws the deep ball very well. You really can’t underestimate his arm. He really puts some zip on the ball. His timing is good with Isaac (Bruce) and Tory (Holt), and also the other guys Mike Furry and Dane Looker. He’s done a real good job.”

(On role models on the team)
    “I like to follow Aeneas. He always shows up for practice. He never takes anything for granted. He always goes out there and competes. He goes out there and has fun.”

(On WR Isaac Bruce)
    “People think Isaac is really quiet, but on the field he’s a different person. He’s different on the field and off the field. He’ll try and embarrass you if you let him.”

(On enforcing of the coverage rules)
    “ I think the big influence was that New England game when they played Indianapolis, because they (New England) did a lot more holding down field. So this year there going to throw more flags within five yards. So you’re going to have to be more physical within five yards or there going to try and throw the flag on you. It’s really not going to effect the corners. We are just going to have to be more physical within five yards.”

S Aeneas Williams

(On his injured toe)
    “Well, they’ve done a fantastic job of getting shoes that mold to my toe so that it’s comfortable and everything. In the past my orthotics were too bulky to fit in the shoes, so Nike had to change the whole shoe. Now, since it’s much less cumbersome, it feels like I’m walking on a soft surface. The Rams training staff did a great job finding someone to do this for me.”

(On second year at safety)
    “I’m a lot more comfortable than last year. The good thing is that I don’t even think I’ve scratched the surface. I still get the best of three worlds. I still get to blitz, play some corner, and play free safety. I legitimately have the opportunity to have a serious impact on the outcome of a game. Unlike being at corner where you’re at one area and teams can pick and choose whether they come that way, being at safety, nickel, or blitzing I can be around the ball a lot more.”

(On preferring corner or safety)
    “I enjoy them both, but this gives me an opportunity to get involved in the whole defense. I get to communicate with guys, talking to the corners and sometimes being in the box like a linebacker. So, it’s like I get the best of all worlds. Most importantly, just being around the ball having the opportunity to be a deciding factor in the outcome of every play.”

(On playing the run more often)
    “It’s fun. I get a chance to strip the ball and get around the ball in terms of fumbles. I get to use my quickness in the box as a linebacker almost. It’s fun getting to roam in the box because a lot of times the linebackers are fighting off blocks but that extra defensive back gets to run around free. It is quite a bit different though. The angles are different and now I’m actually the quarterback on defense since I’m in a position where they can all hear my voice.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Training Camp Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    CB Jerametrius Butler

(On how OB Marc Bulger has looked)
    “He throws the deep ball very well. You really can’t underestimate his arm. He really puts some zip on the ball. His timing is good with Isaac (Bruce) and Tory (Holt), and also the other guys Mike Furry and Dane Looker. He’s done a real good job.”
    Woo hoo!!!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Nick you crack me up. You are so far out there in your support of Marc. It's almost as if you have a personal attachment to him. I am speculating that you must be Marc's Dad or something like that. hmmmm :redface:

Yes the players are making nice comments about Bulger and we should expect that from them. They are trying to build some chemistry and confidence. They can say nice things now that Warner is gone.

For your sake and all the other Ram fans out there, I hope Bulger shines this year, now that the big shadow has moved on.

Too funny

I am digging all the player quotes that we are getting this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wouldn't necessarily say that, Utter. One of the main criticisms with Marc was that his deep ball was poor. So it excites me to see that the first thing Butler says when asked about Bulger is that he throws the deep ball very well.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Williams
    “I’m a lot more comfortable than last year. The good thing is that I don’t even think I’ve scratched the surface. I still get the best of three worlds. I still get to blitz, play some corner, and play free safety. I legitimately have the opportunity to have a serious impact on the outcome of a game. Unlike being at corner where you’re at one area and teams can pick and choose whether they come that way, being at safety, nickel, or blitzing I can be around the ball a lot more.”
    I really like how they're using him. Not only does it make the defense more flexible and unpredictable, it puts their best playmaker in position to consistently make those big plays.

I agree, Disco. I really hope the move to free safety extends his career though. It's not a happy idea to think about Aeneas maybe retiring after this season, as some have speculated.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    One of the main criticisms with Marc was that his deep ball was poor. So it excites me to see that the first thing Butler says when asked about Bulger is that he throws the deep ball very well.
    Throwing a deep ball with accuracy is Marc's biggest weakness from last year and it would be wonderful if he could improve in this area, but I am waiting to see it with my own eyes. It's good that the players are saying good things.

Let the season begin!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tanus is offline Registered User

hopefully Aeneas doesn't retire after this season. From what it sounds like he is in awesome shape so hopefully he can continue to play for a few more years! :ramlogo:

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Throwing a deep ball with accuracy is Marc's biggest weakness from last year and it would be wonderful if he could improve in this area, but I am waiting to see it with my own eyes. It's good that the players are saying good things.

Let the season begin!!!
    Yeah, I'm trying not to buy into it too much as well considering reports last season of Warner looking better than ever in camp. We all know how that turned out. But still, it's encouraging to read considering it was a weakness in his game last season. So we'll see.