Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trap game?

Question Trap game?

Is this a trap game for the Rams?

I have seen this all to often where the fans .... then the players expect to win. Lets hope not.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Trap game?

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post

I have seen this all to often where the fans .... then the players expect to win. Lets hope not.
    Agreed. We've been host of some trap games ourselves and i think it boils down to who wants to get out of the slump more. Its safe to say that we're the better team when you look at the stat board but what happens on the field @ game time is what matters most. We need the next 7 games badly and that should speak for itself.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

When I hear the term "trap game", I think of overconfidence. I don't think anyone on the Rams coaching staff or roster will be looking past the Jets. I'm pretty sure they know they need to take every opponent seriously.

There may be hazards involved in playing the Jets, but I don't think overconfidence is one of them.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Yeah "trap game"wouldn't be the term I'd use here because that indicates overlooking your current opponent and being concerned with your next one. If this term could be applied to anyone, it would be the Jets, who have New England on Thanksgiving Day.

I AM concerned about the Rams today, however. The Jets are a desperate football team which has been roasted all week in the press and haven't won in a month. They will bring a strong effort today- and we cannot match that effort with turnovers, a slew of penalties and stupid football. I hope Fisher has 'em ready.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Exactly. It has a few makings of a trap game, but as stated above, the Rams have not reached that level yet where they are considered 'favorites' and can thus overlook any team , and I mean any team. That should be obvious to everyone concerned with this football team. They just need to eliminate the darn silly penalties!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I dont think a team with 3 wins is overlooking anybody.
    RamDez and bradwill like this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

There are a lot of Jets fans here at the Drury. Last night they swarmed the happy hour. That said, I'd say there were still more Ram fans overall. I think our Ram players do expect to win and will. I'd say it's a safe bet to say the team hasn't forgotten the thorough beating they received in England and are still mad from that. Add to that the robbery at Candlestick, and they just might come out angry - really angry and put a thumping on the Jets ..

Can hardly wait till game time, gonna go grab some free breakfast .. GO RAMS!!!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Well then, we should be okay. I haven't expected for the Rams to win a game in years.
    laram0 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

It would really suck to come from a hard fought game against a top team in the league and then lose to a slumped team that's all over the media in OUR house. We have to win this game.

macrammer is offline Registered User

The Jets will be ready. They are a league joke and their pride will come forth. Rams need to be ready for this one
    nothing comes easy in the nfl
    RamDez likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The Rams need to get off to a fast start. I think the Jets are a somewhat-less-than-unified team, and if they get down, they could crumble.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Trap game? No way, with Hostess (Twinkies) going out of business Rex Ryan is in an absolute funk and that will carry over to his team.

"NO SNACKS FOR YOU REX"

Yea, so far we have Amendola out hurt, O Linemen who can not block snot and are going to get Sam Bradford fekin killed out there ..... Looking like a trap to me ......

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Yea, so far we have Amendola out hurt, O Linemen who can not block snot and are going to get Sam Bradford fekin killed out there ..... Looking like a trap to me ......
    Me too Dez. The Rams do not look prepared, especially in the secondary where Johnson is getting schooled by Sanchez. Why do the Rams always have to be the cure for what ails a team in desperate need of a win? Obviously still a long way to go, but this is lookiing WAY too difficult.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

This team absolutely sucks today. No one has showed up to play except for Jackson, Long and Jenkins. After the 1st drive, Bradford has been terrible. He's been given no help from his receivers, who have been no-shows save for the Pettis grab early on. The 0-line broke down at the worst possible time and allowed a Bradford fumble. And then of course there's the obligatory penalty which wipes out a chance to score points. Just ridiculous- but not at all unexpected, at least not by me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast