CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Travis Fisher = Our best CB???

From Preview of Rams game at The Sporting News

Rams at Panthers
    Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (FOX), Bank of America Stadium

Why To Watch
    Having lost yet another game to Seattle in the closing seconds last week, the Rams are in a must-win situation. And they will play this week without their best offensive lineman, Orlando Pace, and their best cornerback, Travis Fisher. That's bad, bad news for a team trying to find a way to contain Carolina All-Pro defensive end Julius Peppers and All-Pro wide receiver Steve Smith.

Pace tore a triceps muscle last week and is lost for the season. Coach Scott Linehan isn't sure whether to replace Pace with journeyman Adam Goldberg or shift second-year right tackle Alex Barron to the left side. Either way, it's a major drop-off because Pace is one of the best in the business.

Nine games into the season, the Rams are starting different players at left tackle, left guard and center than they did in Week 1, making the team perilously thin up front. If Barron shifts to the left, only right guard Adam Timmerman will remain in his normal spot.

Fisher broke his right forearm last week and also is out for the season. Fisher hadn't played all that well but was the Rams' best; now, rookie Tye Hill will be forced into the starting lineup and safety Corey Chavous likely will have to cover slot receivers in the nickel package. ...

The Panthers were lackluster in dispatching the Buccaneers 24-10 after their bye. The victory kept the Panthers within a game of NFC South-leading New Orleans. Quarterback Jake Delhomme has a better receiving corps than he did a year ago, when Smith often was the only option. Delhomme is doing a good job spreading the ball among Keyshawn Johnson, Drew Carter and tight ends Michael Gaines and Kris Mangum.

Delhomme's biggest problem has been in the fourth quarter, which used to be a time when he excelled. He has thrown interceptions late in games that have been costly. Delhomme must do a better job of not forcing throws and taking what the defense gives him late in the game.

By the way...they predicted a 35-20 win for the Panthers.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Travis Fisher = Our best CB???

I love sports writers. If there had been sportswriters when Freud was alive, he could have had a field day analyzing their issues.

I have a feeling that a sportswriter's job application has these questions:

1. Do you listen to the voices in your head?

2. Can you fabricate a story after viewing only 1 minute of a game?

3. Can you function when you forget to take your meds?

4. Are you able to make statements that fans know are incorrect, yet still sound professional while doing it?

Next thing you know, this guy will be talking about how bad we messed up by not keeping Archuletta.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

That is funny. My god the season must be over, we lost our best CB. lol

Well just wait til I load Steve Smith and Delhomme up on the Hammerheads as starters. Not a single player has stepped up on my team. Every time I put someone in they have a horrible week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Perhaps that's more of a comment on their opinion about Fakhir Brown than it is an endorsement of Fisher. After all, they specifically say they don't think Fisher has been playing all that well. Personally, I haven't been impressed with Brown since he returned from injury. If he's supposed to be our #1 corner, he needs to step it up.

It is somewhat interesting though to see a major publication like Sporting News choose to make that kind of point twice in this preview, though.
    Last edited by Nick; -11-18-2006 at 09:30 PM.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! did Travis Fisher write this article?
    Last edited by ramsplaya16; -11-18-2006 at 10:48 PM.
    Built RAM tough

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I think we need to hope hill comes along we'll and find somemore help to our db's and find some lineman next season..

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Oh sure Travis Fisher is definitely our CB #1. And Sehorn at one of the safety spots, Jamie Duncan in the middle and there's gotta be a place somewhere for Eric Crouch. This IS "the Rams all-time roster in Hell" thread right?