Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trent Green

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Trent Green

As we saw today, Trent Green could not get anything going for the Rams, this is not a knock on Trent but more on the front office in general. Trent is a fine example of how management has overrated players talent. If for on second they thought Trent could lead this team if Marc was hurt, they were sorely mistaken. This has trickled down throughout then entire starting squad, and that is one of the reasons we are in the shape we are. This team is along and I mean ALONG way from being competitive in this league. As I have said before, might as well give Berlin a shot at it, what's the worst thing that could happen. I might be wrong but the hit that Bulger took didn't look that bad, I am beginning to wonder just how abused is this guy? For his sake I think it is time to shut him down for the year, big money or not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

faulk2jackson Guest

Re: Trent Green

i know im gonna get blasted by Bulger lovers but the Rams need to draft a QB in the first round and an O line player in the next round. We also should pick up an O line player(s) in the FA. Bulger may come back to form but not when he is on this team.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    i know im gonna get blasted by Bulger lovers but the Rams need to draft a QB in the first round and an O line player in the next round. We also should pick up an O line player(s) in the FA. Bulger may come back to form but not when he is on this team.
    There are always "good" hyped QBs to take in the first round. How often do really good offensive linemen come out? This team cannot afford to pay the big bucks to two quarterbacks.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    There are always "good" hyped QBs to take in the first round. How often do really good offensive linemen come out? This team cannot afford to pay the big bucks to two quarterbacks.
    The truth is, both lines need to be taken care of, the o-line first though. Then go after a big run stopper in the 2nd round. Marc needs some protection, this poor guy is starting to show the same signs as Aikman, and Steve Young did before they were forced to retire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SFCRamFan Guest

Green should have retired....his skills have diminished and his leadership had no effect as was anticipated...

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Trent not up to it today ... we have to draft a good young qb to back Bulger up .. any suggestions??

Tony Soprano Guest

Maybe we should get a line that can block before throwing another QB to the Wolves.

Our Line has been terrible for a long time now.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

makersncoke has it right; Green should have never been signed, and I said that when it happened, so it isn't a second guess. Bringing a 38 yr. old guy on board who was basically a wreck last season due to concussions to be your backup especially when you have a sieve for an offensive line is not sound football thinking.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Wasn't TG brought in as much for his knowledge of Al's offense as for his own ability,however diminished it has proven to be?

This doesn't look anything like a Saunders O; no run game, no pass-catching TE,etc.

Not defending TG or passing the buck from the FO to AL.Oodles of blame to go around.No need to be stingy with it. Just doubt that any back-up could make a difference at this point.

I wouldn't wish the Rams QB position on anyone except maybe Linehan.

Dominating D Guest

Why must they draft a a QB in the 1st round.

Tom Brady
    Kurt Warner
    Bret Favre
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Jeff Garcia
    David Garrard
    Tony Romo
    Jon Kitna
    Mark Bulger
    Kyle Orton

Current starting QB's who were drafted in the later rounds.

GO RAMS

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

i know im gonna get blasted by Bulger lovers but the Rams need to draft a QB in the first round
    No blasting here, but I'm looking for a realistic way as to how you propose to pay $60+ million contracts to both Bulger and a first-round rookie. We can't cut Marc because the cap hit would be huge. How do you devote that much money to one position where only one guy at a time sees the field?

theodus69 Guest

Well that was the front office bad in my eyes. Bulger was never worth the big contract. we could be doing just as good with a developing QB and still have money to really get the line inshape. jackson and Bulger.........Wasted money. Bottomline!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Well that was the front office bad in my eyes. Bulger was never worth the big contract.
    It's easy to say that in hindsight, but coming off of 2006, he certainly was worth that kind of money. If the Rams would have let him go after that year, he definitely would have gotten it somewhere else.

Consider that Matt Ryan hadn't played a down in the NFL before signing a deal bigger than Bulger's. After only seven career starts and fourteen career NFL games, Aaron Rodgers got a deal this Halloween with very similar numbers to Marc's.

You have to pay players fair market value - as in, something close to what they'd likely make if they hit free agency - in order to resign them, and judging by some of the recent QB contracts we've seen, I have little doubt Bulger gets a deal equal to or perhaps even greater to what he got from the Rams had he hit the market.

theodus69 Guest

Nick, I felt Bulgers best year was when we played the panthers in the nfc champ game. I felt ever since then he was falling off. His #'s might have been good in 06 as a fantasy player but I felt we should have been trying to get someone with a better view of the field and with more mobility. that's just my opinion. i know you always have liked Bulger ...me not so much. i guess i just never have seen the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Nick, I felt Bulgers best year was when we played the panthers in the nfc champ game. I felt ever since then he was falling off. His #'s might have been good in 06 as a fantasy player but I felt we should have been trying to get someone with a better view of the field and with more mobility. that's just my opinion. i know you always have liked Bulger ...me not so much. i guess i just never have seen the fire.
    Well, like him or not, my point is that he was going to get that contract from someone. If it wasn't the Rams, it would have been another team in free agency. That's the going rate for quarterbacks, and even QBs with little to no experience are getting those kinds of deals. Bulger at least had a few years of good play behind him before he was signed to that contract.

Imagine giving that kind of money to a rookie QB who never pans out for you (*****' Alex Smith, for instance).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast