This is from therams1 AKA Jerry. Known to us here at ClanRam as Bloodnhall. I found it on his site and thought I would share it with you. If you have never been to his web site then you have to do so. Trust me its a gem full of unprecedented work.

A TRIBUTE TO THE GREATEST RAMFAN OF ALL-TIME.
MY FIRST MEETING WITH WALT

It was in September of 1966.

My Father bought season tickets to the Rams. I was six years old and couldn't wait to sit in My seat.

The LA Coliseum looked so big. I knew we had 4 seats and one was on the aisle. As I raced down those steep concrete stairs looking for number 22 because if I sit in that aisle seat it's mine.

I found our row sat in that aisle seat that would be mine for the next 13 years.

Looking at that football field and the Rams warming up was awesome. As I look to my right, this black man who has the aisle seat right across from me is smiling at me.

I get embarrassed and look away. He says to me "You know that seat right there is the best one out of them all, you sure are a lucky guy".

As my Father gets up and they shake hands introducing themselves. He says "my name is Walt Jackson".

I shake his hands and this is the beginning of 13 great years with Walt.

WALT WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST RAMFAN
Walt will always be the greatest Ramfan of all-time.

I thought it was my Father who was the greatest Ramfan.

Dan of Ramsworld thought it was his Dad, along with every Dad.

You see, they all came in first place, it was a dead heat with all our Fathers.

So did Walt and he paid more so Walt wins.

IT WAS WALT'S RAMS
Walt had his seat since 1962.

Alway's sharp dressed and with that am radio in his shirt pocket with that white wire going to his ear listening to Dick Enberg.

In big games if the Rams turned the ball over I would automatically look to my right at Walt.

He would know I was looking at him but his eyes would never leave the field. But he would give me this head nod that said "don't worry about, our defense will hold them".

But what I loved was in big games when it was certain our Rams were going to win.

Walt would cross his legs, light up his chesterfield cigarette, lean back in his seat and look at HIS Rams with this proud smile on his face.

MAN I MISS THAT.

Walt's favorite player was Mr. Jones (as Walt would say)

HIS RAM KNOWLEDGE NEVER WILL BE EQUALLED
There are alot of Ramfans I know that are top gun when it comes to Ram football.

But, you can put them all together with the internet by their side and Walt would have us swimming in his wake.

Want facts? Here you go.

In the 1968 infamous "Lost Down" game against the Bears.

The Refs took away a down from the Rams.
Losing 17-16, what was truly 3rd down,

Gabriel tried to hit Harold Jackson for a 40 yard TD, but, he was triple covered and didn't have a chance.

The whole Coliseum crowd was getting on Gabe and the rest of the Rams poor play that sunday.

The refs, thinking that play was the 4th down, give the ball to Chicago.

The only person who knew right away was Walt.

Walt said "the refs screwed up, should be 4th down".

Everyone else from the media to the fans were too busy complaining about the piss poor play.

No one caught until 2 hours after the game, except for Walt.

And there is so many more.

WHAT WALT TAUGHT ME
Do you remember when your 13 and your in that stage, what is the word I am looking for, oh yes, being a immature idiot.

Me and my friends were in that stage when anything our parents did was so damn funny.

Well, one Sunday I took a friend to the game and when my Dad dropped the binocular lens on the person right in front of him, me and my friend started laughing like idiots.

Well, Walt ain't going for that.

He says he needs my help getting the drinks and dogs.

I go with him and when were in line, he says "Hey, look at me", as I look t him he says firmly "Don't treat your Dad like that, you hear me. Your Dad loves you."

Before we got to our seats, I knew what he meant and never did it again. THANKS WALT.

WALT'S GRAND CHILD NAMED DEBBIE
By the season of 1970, our Family and Walt became good friends.

He lived just five blocks from the Coliseum and we would take him home. His house was modest but well kept.

Debbie was seven years old in 1970 and did she love her grandpa.

If the Rams won, when we drove up she is jumping up and down with joy just waiting to hug her grandpa.

If the Rams lost, she is crying to the max, waiting to be consoled by grandpa.

Debbie has grown up and is an attorney.

Good job Walt.

THINGS I REGRET
It was the last game of the 1979 season.

It would also be the last game the Rams would play at the Coliseum.

I was 19 and took a girl to that game.

I was more interested in getting laid than seeing what is happening that Sunday.

Walt was saying he is getting his Anaheim season tickets next week and I believed him.

There was no way he was going to get them.

Walt got emotional at the end of the game and hugged me and said "You take care of your Father, you hear me".

What haunts me today is I tried to be macho in front of the girl and didn't really hug back.

GOD DAMN,

Walt was emotional for seeing HIS RAMS leave his neighborhood and seeing his pals disapear.

Why didn't I hug you Walt like you did me.

There isn't a week that goes by that I don't think of that.

WALT'S PASSING
I was six years old when I first met Walt and shook his hand and was a punk 19 year old when he hugged me at the last game the Rams played at the LA Coliseum.

What memories I have between that hand shake and hug i WILL ALWAYS CHERISH.

WALT I LOVE YOU PARTNER.

YOU ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE GREATEST RAMFAN.