Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Tru Johnson Arrested for Drunk Driving

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

Re: Tru Johnson Arrested for Drunk Driving

I'm sorry I don't find something that frequently results in death and mutilation to be trivial.

"I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    This is so dumb how a persons 1st DWI can be made out to be a serious case. IMO I don't see how anyone flips their lid over something so trivial as DWI.
    This is a moronic statement. There are WAY too many deaths because of this idiotic decision. Nothing trivial about it.

With that said, I believe in innocent until proven guilty, and this doesn't seem like a usual DUI, So i will wait until all of the facts come out before determining judgement.

If he did drive drunk he made a stupid mistake which hopefully he can learn from.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    This is so dumb how a persons 1st DWI can be made out to be a serious case. IMO I don't see how anyone flips their lid over something so trivial as DWI.
    You've obviously never dealt with family who have been bereaved due to the actions of a selfish intoxicated moron behind the wheel of vehicle.

Ask Susan Gutweilers family if drink driving is trivial?

Many talented people lose their jobs for drink driving, first offence or no. Footballers should be no different, irrespective of their ability. It's just a business remember.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    You've obviously never dealt with family who have been bereaved due to the actions of a selfish intoxicated moron behind the wheel of vehicle.
    Ask Susan Gutweilers family if drink driving is trivial?
    Many talented people lose their jobs for drink driving, first offence or no. Footballers should be no different, irrespective of their ability. It's just a business remember.
    I agree with you UK. I almost replied to the post but didn't know if saying something about a DUI never being a trivial matter was off-topic. I have heard some folks who have had one or more try to rationalize and trivialize it, however. When it comes to NFL players it's even more egregious and inexcusable IMO, not because it's more or less serious when an NFLer gets one, but because they can afford to call a friend, a cab, a limo.... No one should drive drunk, unless they don't have cabs, friends, or limos in their area, in which case they live in the middle of a desert somewhere.

RealRam is offline Registered User

This is so dumb how a person's 1st DWI can be made out to be a serious case. IMO I don't see how anyone flips their lid over something so trivial as DWI. -- ZiaRam
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    It may not be a "serious case" today but why not nip it in the bud and make sure TJ gets the point now rather than waiting for his 2nd or 3rd DWI? These infractions could lead to some very, very nasty consequences further ahead if not discussed seriously with the culprit. I suppose that's why they're called red flags. Hopefully young Tru does learn from this early blunder.

IMO, Coach Fisher and the NFL won't take this as being 'so trivial'.

That's clearly part of the problem: considering and calling these DUI / DWI issues "so trivial".

Especially among young people. There's such a levity and nonchalant attitude towards drinking...

NFL players are usually expected to be role models. Hopefully our Tru man will soon get there and be able to redeem himself by teaching kids NOT to take this as trivial despite all the alcohol advertising campains that are, sadly, a staple image of the sports world.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tru Johnson Arrested for Drunk Driving-1-alcholism.jpg  
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-24-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Format

HornyRam is offline Registered User

Not a good thing!

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

To make up for this he must get at least 5 picks.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by J-RodRamFan View Post
    To make up for this he must get at least 5 picks.
    I assume you're kidding, as I don't see production being a remedy for making a potentially lethal mistake like DWI.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. But if he was, in fact, DWI then that needs to be dealt with regardless of production. I would hate to see a team stance that poor decisions are okay as long as you reach certain on-field goals.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I assume you're kidding, as I don't see production being a remedy for making a potentially lethal mistake like DWI.
    Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. But if he was, in fact, DWI then that needs to be dealt with regardless of production. I would hate to see a team stance that poor decisions are okay as long as you reach certain on-field goals.
    I assume that your assumptions about his assumptions is correct, namely that they're in jest. If not, I'd say that Trumaine has a kindred 'spirit' (no pun intended) who hangs out on Clanram. Whatever that IQ test is called that potential draftees take is accurate and assuming that 'Tru' didn't fail it, he needs to learn how to look up tax-cabs or limos in the yellow pages or 'people I know' in the other directory, and let his fingers do the walking next time rather than his right foot on the floor-board.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Sack him.

The rest of the league should adopt the same policy. That would let the players know where they stand in this situation.

As I have said earlier, many people lose their livelihoods because of drink driving convictions, why should TJ be any different.

**Regardless as to my feelings of him as an up and coming Ram player**

He's not a child and should know better. Drink driving is BS, it may seem trivial to some but its Russian roulette period.

Over reacting? Bitter? No, just tons of professional experience of sweeping up heart ache and devastation that these douche's leave behind when it all goes horribly wrong.
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -03-25-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    Sack him.
    The rest of the league should adopt the same policy. That would let the players know where they stand in this situation.
    As I have said earlier, many people lose their livelihoods because of drink driving convictions, why should TJ be any different.
    **Regardless as to my feelings of him as an up and coming Ram player**
    He's not a child and should know better. Drink driving is BS, it may seem trivial to some but its Russian roulette period.
    Over reacting? Bitter? No, just tons of professional experience of sweeping up heart ache and devastation that these douche's leave behind when it all goes horribly wrong.
    Remember UK that the Rams are the organization, albeit under different leadership, who gave their PB TE LL a pass when he killed a woman who's family probably misses her just a 'tad' (understatement), and gave him a second pass when he was busted in Town & Country and got off on a technicality. The NFL in general (Goddell and the NFLPA) and teams, including the Rams, in particular don't give a rats @$$ about whether players get DUIs/SWIs or are arrested for assault and battery or domestic violence or gun charges (Hey Ray Ray how's retirement going)..... It's a joke and one that is getting hard to laugh at, as if it was ever easy to laugh at it. Perhaps Goodell should be more concerned about the aforementioned than about the Tuck Rule.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    There aren't a lot of details, but a felony DUI usually requires an injury or death, high blood alcohol level, or repeat offense. I'm assuming none of those applied to Johnson.
    ESPN reported this:
    He was tased in college for an alcohol related offense, which is why he was on the Rams 'watch' list when they drafted him. Hope this helps clarify a few things.

thoey is offline Registered User

Whether he is guilty or innocent, it sounds like someone who needs to have a meeting or twenty with Leonard Little. Learn from someone who has been on the really bad end of it.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Whether he is guilty or innocent, it sounds like someone who needs to have a meeting or twenty with Leonard Little. Learn from someone who has been on the really bad end of it.
    Perhaps they can go out for a 'couple of pops,' and talk things over. LOL! He can learn nothing from LL except how to really screw things up and who to call when it happens the next time (I believe it was Chet Pleban).

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

It doesn't, but we know Fisher will deal with him. By the time the season starts no one will remember this. Just hope he learns from it and we move on. You know if he were to have a great season this year you wouldn't still look down on him because of this mistake.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast