LordOfTheRams Guest

The truth begins. Heres what the Rams must do.

My deciples it is time I started your teaching. The Rams will need to do the following to have any chance of making the playoffs this year.

Morotorium on all Mike Martz talk. The front office, the players and the coaches should just refuse to talk about it anymore.

Give the ball to Jackson. Obvious, but important. HE MUST GET MORE THAN 20 CARRIES PER GAME.

Stop rotating the offenseive line. Pick 5 and stick with them!

Put Bruce on injured reserve. He's just taking up space at this point. Love the guy, but hes done!

Brandon Green must be the starting DE. Hargrove needs work - sitting on the bench!

Start Brandon Chillar over Dexter Coackley. He's a better player.

Bench Travis Fisher for good. He's a waste. Groce is the nickel back behind Bartell and Ivey.

Mike Furrey. Give me a break. Put Atogwe in there, or maybe even Bartell (move Groce to starting CB). Furrey's a joke. A couple of lucky turnovers don't change that.

There you have it.

The truth.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: The truth begins. Heres what the Rams must do.

How can you say isaac bruce is done. if you put him on IR, what are you going to do with the roster spot that is better? Even if he is out a couple of more games, he is still worth more to the team than thompson as a wide receiver.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but the comment on bruce doesnt make sense. Hurt yes. Done? No evidence to suggest that. Its not like he wasnt performing before he was hurt.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Morotorium on all Mike Martz talk. The front office, the players and the coaches should just refuse to talk about it anymore.
    Agreed. Good idea, but probably easier said than done.

Give the ball to Jackson. Obvious, but important. HE MUST GET MORE THAN 20 CARRIES PER GAME.
    Tend to agree. However I dont think there is a magic number. The guy is starting to come alive. He is a workhorse and I would rather he get a greater load than to see the starting QB throwing 60 passes a game.

Stop rotating the offenseive line. Pick 5 and stick with them!
    I think the Rams have done this lately. There were some injuries and suspect execution to deal with early on.

Put Bruce on injured reserve. He's just taking up space at this point. Love the guy, but hes done!
    Disagree at this point, unless I have legit medical proof that he will not return this season.

Brandon Green must be the starting DE. Hargrove needs work - sitting on the bench!
    I like what I have seen from Green. Maybe he should get a start, but Hargrove won't stay on the bench, nor should he, in my opinion. Kollar likes to rotate, another reason Hargrove won't be relegated to the bench.

Start Brandon Chillar over Dexter Coackley. He's a better player.
    He certainly has more upside. Give him a start and see what he can do. Coakley has done very little.

Bench Travis Fisher for good. He's a waste. Groce is the nickel back behind Bartell and Ivey.
    Agreed with Bartell, Ivey and Groce. However, Fisher is not a waste at this point.

Mike Furrey. Give me a break. Put Atogwe in there, or maybe even Bartell (move Groce to starting CB). Furrey's a joke. A couple of lucky turnovers don't change that.
    Was it just luck that he was around the ball rather than lost in space picking at his britches? Have not seen much from Atogwe.

LordOfTheRams Guest

I know its hard to let go, but Bruce is done. Overpaid, over the hill. Done.

Sign Owens to replace him.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Dude, you may not be the "one true Rams fan" now, but if they were foolish enough to sign Owens, you might be the one remaining Ram fan!

I disagree on Chillar. Coakley can still play, and Chillar has not proven he's a starter.

I also think you're pulling the plug on Hargrove prematurely.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The kid is 22 years old with barely a year of college ball and a year of pro bowl under his belt! He's not going to be there overnight. Now I don't mind seeing Green on the field either. He has certainly impressed while in the game. But I don't wanna see Hargrove rot on the pine, either.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Coakley can still play, and Chillar has not proven he's a starter.
    Maybe Chillar has not proven he is a starter, but Coakley is proving he is over the hill. He is on pace to have career lows in most statistical categories.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

He is on pace to have career lows in most statistical categories.
    I still can't help but wonder if that includes a career low in # of plays as well.........don't know whether it's a cause or effect, but it's a factor.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Scidog68 Guest

Except for the "...sign TO..." (read, "...shoot self in eyesocket...") comment, I regret I must feel some small amount of agreement with LordOfTheFlies.
    Waffling on the Bruce thing only 'cause we don't have anyone worthwhile to replace him. Thompson?.......uh, no. TO? Take my spleen, please. We could re-re-convert Furrey, but I'm not so sure he isn't better off right where he is. Hoping Bruce is willing to re-structure, but.....
    Green is, well.....green. But. When he is on the field, he makes things happen. His scrubbed-pink-newbie cheeks always seem to be around the ball. I'd almost swear to hearing his name more than that of the starters'.
    Coakley was an off-season gamble that has yet to pay off. His play has yet to rise above that of the chowderheads he replaced. Oh, as an aside...did anyone happen to catch Thomas' pick yesterday? First time I can remember hearing his name mentioned by the announcers other than by position.
    Chillar has had moments on ST, but I'm not sold on his ability to start.

Most of these suggestions are not new, but had yet to be presented together in such a black-and-white manner. While several belong to the "Duh!" category, some are actually rather novel.
    Last edited by Scidog68; -11-07-2005 at 10:54 PM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheRams
    My deciples it is time I started your teaching.
    My "disciples"....that is funny. It would be better if you would spell it correctly, but funny anyho.
    Go right ahead start the teachings...I'll take notes. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't understand the thinking on NOT giving a guy a start. Personally I think it is an excellent way to light a fire under the rear end of a guy who might not be producing as the current starter.

There is nothing written in stone that the guy who starts continues to start from week to week or stays with the first unit for the entire game.

Fletch was always talking. During his rookie season he would be in the ear of starting MLB Eric Hill. "I'm better than you" he would say.

And what about the recent story of Bartell going up to Shott and begging to be put in the game.

Nothing wrong with some competition among the starters and the guys trying to take their jobs.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Sign Owens
    Sign Owens, not for all the tea in china.

Bruce still has game...

RamJackson39 Guest

Ok...you're teaching is awful.

*Bruce is still one of the better WR's in the league.

*Jackson does need 20 carries a game, but the Rams still need to pass the ball.

*Brandon Green does not need to start. He is a change of pace guy. Change of pace guys always get pressure on the QB. THATS WHY THEY'RE CALLED CHANGE OF PACE GUYS! Hargrove has looked dominant at times. It's obvious he's getting better.

*Dejuan Groce is the best cover corner that we have right now. You do not put a rookie from Howard as the starter. Bartell has looked good, but he still needs to develop. I would start Ivy ovfer Fisher though. Fisher has looked awful and the coveage unit has been better without him.

*Brandon Chillar over Coakley...seems like we have been doing that. Ok, one TRUE Rams fan. If Coakley is not on the field very much because of the coverage units that MARMIE has been playing, how is he supposed to make tackles? Run off the sideline and just hit some random guy? When Coakley is on the field, the defense plays better.

*Mike Furrey is the starter at FS. He has done nothing to lose that job and has been a major upgrade over MIchael Hawthorne (How right was I on what a big mistake it was to sign that guy?) Atogwe is going to be good. I cant wait for the battle between the two of them in the offseason for the starting position.

*I agree with you about the O-Line. The Line needs consistency to gel. Constantly shifting guys throughout the line really hurts this, but injury is the biggest reason for this. Claude Terrel should have been the starter when the season started, and luckily he is now. Barron wasn't ready. He's the starter now though and the line isnt changing.

Random thought

Does anyone still like that trade for Johnson? He's not very good in coverage. He;s been inconsistent in the return game. I would rather have Thomas right now as a backup.
    Last edited by RamJackson39; -11-10-2005 at 12:10 AM.

theodus69 Guest

The Amazing Rim spits more $h!t into the bowl. This guy is great.LOL He's one of those guys you could drink a beer with and never know where the F@#$ he's coming from! Hope we are all going to follow the RIM !!