Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

TSN Rams Report (2/24)

Rams Team Report
    2/24/2006

By Jim Thomas
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

CAP SPACE: The Rams have about $10 million of cap space, which could grow by a couple million if they renegotiate WR Isaac Bruce's contract. The team will be active and might have enough money to add a couple of big-name players.

MOVING ON: DT Ryan Pickett and SS Adam Archuleta are the team's most high-profile free agents; whether they return will be crucial to the team's free-agent strategy. At the urging of defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, the team wants to re-sign Archuleta. The club seems more lukewarm about Pickett, an underrated run stopper coming off a career year. DE Tyoka Jackson and DT Damione Lewis will be back only if the price is right.

TARGETS: The team will focus on defense. Haslett needs more impact players on the line, among the linebackers and in the secondary. If Pickett doesn't return, the Seahawks' Rocky Bernard would be an ideal inside pass-rushing complement to LE Leonard Little. DE Darren Howard, who played for Haslett in New Orleans, is a possibility. Although he has had injury issues over the years, Howard (6-3, 275) can play on both running and passing downs and is capable of double-digit sacks. He also would add needed bulk on the line. The Rams' free-agent options at cornerback are limited because the Vikings put a transition tag on Brian Williams and the Bills put a franchise tag on Nate Clements. On offense, QB Sage Rosenfels, who Linehan coached last season with the Dolphins, could be one option to compete for the No. 2 job behind Marc Bulger.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: TSN Rams Report (2/24)

Apparently I'm not the only one who sees the line as a priority on defense.

viper is offline Registered User

By Jim Thomas
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Haslett needs more impact players on the line, among the linebackers and in the secondary.
    Geez, what else is there? Sad but true!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I would hate to see Damione Lewis leave - I just made a custom figure of him. His wife contacted me to get it and she gave it to him on their 3rd anniversary this past Thursday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam
    I would hate to see Damione Lewis leave - I just made a custom figure of him. His wife contacted me to get it and she gave it to him on their 3rd anniversary this past Thursday.
    That's really sweet. Why can't my girlfriend hire someone to make a custom figure of me as a Rams player? :bored:
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    That's really sweet. Why can't my girlfriend hire someone to make a custom figure of me as a Rams player? :bored:
    Have her contact me. All I need is a picture of you, $13,000.00 in unmarked nickels, hot water, a lock of your pet's hair, and the saliva from an albino hobo, and you can be a Ram. I will wait here all night to hear back...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]