Thread: Tuesday Morning

Arrow Tuesday Morning

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

- The rainy weather has really put a damper on the training camp homecoming. It canít hurt to get a few more practices on the same playing surface as the Edward Jones Dome, but itís a shame that there have been so few open practices recently because of the weather and the start of the preseason. Fans lose out on getting to see their team up close and there is not nearly as much room to operate in the indoor facility as there is on the practice fields. Of course, thereís not much that can be done.
    - Torry Holt is still, in my mind, one of the two or three best receivers in the league. If you put him on a scale against any of the other guys in the NFL and take into account productivity, desire, attitude and winning then only Marvin Harrison can compare. Holt learned from Isaac Bruce and it shows. You wonít see him doing sit-ups in front of the media or playing basketball or basically shunning his quarterback completely. All you will see from Holt is 1,300 yards, 10-15 touchdowns and an unrelenting team first attitude. The Rams are so lucky to have receivers such as Holt and Bruce who will never cause problems like certain others around the league.
    - Alex Barronís solid first performance yesterday was no fluke. He looked excellent again in the Tuesday morning session. Barron is a natural athlete and moves his feet well. You can almost see him gaining confidence as he gets more acclimated to the system. He isnít ready to start yet and who knows if he will be this year, especially since we have yet to see him back on the right side, but the potential is obvious. At the least, it will make the second half of Sundayís game interesting to watch to see how Barron handles himself.
    - Travis Fisher has a big task ahead of him. He has consistently battled injuries for the past year and has had some nagging problems this season. With Jerametrius Butlerís status in question, this team canít afford to lose Fisher. Fisher has stepped to the forefront as a leader and is this teamís best corner. He plays through pain and is as tough as they come.
    - Blaine Saipaia is an extremely valuable part of this football team. During the course of a given practice Saipaia will line up at right tackle, left tackle, right guard and left guard. I have yet to see him play center, but I wouldnít doubt that he could do it if asked. Saipaia projects the best as a guard and I think will ultimately end up there, but in the meantime heís a great guy to have in the Jose Oquendo utility player role.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Tuesday Morning

Its good to hear Barron is doing good!
    RamsFan16

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Great Info Thanks

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

:up: Torry Holt :bow:

:up: Isaac Bruce :bow:

Another mention of Fish's nagging problems....hmmmm. I still gotta wonder what is wrong with him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]