Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Turley on ESPN radio

This is a must listen to. Turley admits he has issues with Martz with Dan Patrick on ESPN.

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnrad...howId=1058217#

Link to the right

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Turley on ESPN radio

WOW!! You all have to listen this... this is going to fester!

Yodude is offline Registered User

Very interesting conversation. I can't wait to see the repercussions from these comments. I'd assume this marks the end of Turley's tenure as a St. Louis Ram.

I've never been a Turley fan, but he's not the first person to call Martz liar.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Anybody got a transcript, I can't get the audio to work.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

...how long into this before the Turley stuff? I'm like ten minutes in and all he's talked about is Bush.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the links on the side for the clips.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-20-2005 at 10:31 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

There always seems to be one individual central figure in every controversy or disturbing distraction involving the Rams. I'm sure he is just an innocent victim of circumstance.

Nothing about Turley strikes me as completely innocent.

It's interesting that toward the end of the interview Turley says, "Now it's out, it's done, it's over. I'm done talking about it," after having just done a seven minute interview about it. To think, this actually was somewhat behind everyone until this interview. Way to go, Turley.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-20-2005 at 10:39 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Nothing about Turley strikes me as completely innocent
    If this was a reference to my comment "an innocent victim of circumstance", the central figure I was talking about wasn't Turley.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I hated Kyle Turley as a Saint.

I tried to tolerate him as a Ram.

I'll hate him as an ex-Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    If this was a reference to my comment "an innocent victim of circumstance", the central figure I was talking about wasn't Turley.
    My mistake then.

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Anybody got a transcript, I can't get the audio to work.
    From the Post Dispatch:

Transcript of ESPN Radio interview with Kyle Turley

This is the transcript of the Kyle Turley interview with Dan Patrick on ESPN Radio Thursday afternoon. The questions are not verbatum, but in proper context. The answers are verbatum:

Q: So where are you going to be next year?

TURLEY: "St. Louis man... with the Rams...you know, I'm really not concerned about that relationship. If I get healthy, my goal is to get healthy...and I'm just trying to get myself back together and get back on my feet man.

Q: How Important is it to get along with your head coach?

TURLEY: "At this point and time, from pretty much what you guys have heard, and it's not too important to me at all...I'm just going to approach my job from a professional standpoint of performance and doing what I've always done for the past seven years, which is being a connsumate professional and approaching my job the way I've always done.

Q: As far as your relationship (with Mike Martz), how did it get escalated to the point where Mike Martz said you tried to kill him?

TURLEY: "Apparently there was a phone call made to security and multiple people ended up finding out and you know how that goes. Word leaked out."

Q: Describe the most heated part of that conversation where Martz could think you tried to kill him.

TURLEY: "I don't even know if that was exactly what he said. I really don't know. Guess there were accusations of a threat, but I really don't want to get into that. It was pretty ridiculous. Uh, we had a discussion. It wasn't good. I was accused of being a malingerer and a thief and I really didn't appreciate that."

Q: If he says you are a thief and malingerer, you must have said something that took it further.

TURLEY: "Well things were said then."

Q: You had to say something that was angry in response to that. That he would have thought that this was a little more serious than just player and coach talking."

TURLEY: "If you can imagine that anybody might say to you after a six-year career of not missing a down of football, not one practice, not a game. . . working through a major pain, a major injury and you receive a major injury to a critical part of your body that will not only limit you in playing football but limit you in a number of things in life, and a potential quality of life aspects, and (it) was brought into question that you were potentially stealing money and faking your injury? I would imagine that mmmmm, maybe myself or anybody for that matter might tell a guy to go f*** himself. . . . I guess he didn't like a measly little football player telling him what he could go do with what he was trying to tell me, so that was the bottom line."
    Q: Was that all you said to him?

TURLEY: "That's it...well I might have said that multiple times but that was the gist of the conversation and I left and went right to (team president Jay Zygmunt) and told him exactly what happened and (Martz) decided to call security, I guess, and make up some story because he wants to get me kicked off the team, which the team does not want to happen, and I don't want to happen either. I respect that organization a great deal, I respect what they've done (and) I respect what they've done for me. . .

TURLEY: I'm focused on helping that organization win football games and that's what I've done from day one and trying to get myself healthy and back together and I really didn't appreciate him accusing me of stealing money and acting like my injury is basically a fake or a fraud. So my response was very blatant and very vulgar but very direct so that there was no confusion about what I felt about him making that statement to me.

TURLEY: "I have a great relationship with this organization. For the record, this organization is the best I've ever been involved with, from the owner to the general manager to everyone involved...This incident is an individual-based incident between my coach and myself and that is where it lies. I have spoken with the general managers and they know what my approach has been from day one. What my goals are what my intentions are, the severity of the injury, they know what I've been dealing with and that has been my focus from day one to get healthy. And that's what I've been doing and for him to be confused to that matter is beyond me.

TURLEY: "I didn't appreciate those things being said (about him). And afterwards the accusations completely false and ridiculous about me threatening safety or even that I got to the point that I was aggressive towards him physically was not even the case and was merely an attempt to get me kicked off the football team."

TURLEY: "To my knowledge and my assumption, he should have been focused on his team and winning football games, and not about me and my status and trying to disrupt my life, which he was trying to do at the time...So I addressed the situation. He was in the media prior to that. He didn't call me, didn't invite me to the team...I was never asked by Mike Martz to do anything other than what I had been a part of, and he was basically out there spreading lies about me...And the misunderstanding of what I was doing between he and the general manager was beyond me and I have no control of that. But I assumed that he knew what was going on because he didn't call me...My goal is to play next year...that's what it will always be. Even if it doesn't happen this year, it will happen next year. I'm only 29 years old."

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Kyle Turley to me is like the kid who goes all the way through school saying every teacher hated him. I wonder why?

He burned bridges in New Orleans by saying him and Haslett didn't get along. He's burning bridges now with Martz. Is there a pattern here or is it just me?

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    He burned bridges in New Orleans by saying him and Haslett didn't get along. He's burning bridges now with Martz. Is there a pattern here or is it just me?
    There is. But it is also clear that a pattern of sMartz is that he doesn't like strong personalities challenging him or his decisions.

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Turley is such a whiny sack O' crap...take one look at Nutten and see the pain and suffering he went through to play for this team...He's just another example of a player who thinks he's bigger than the team...You think Belichek...or Parcells would put up with this?? Hell no...Cut the jerk and let some one else deal with him...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Cutting him or Turley retiring prior to June 1st would be a salary cap catastrophe. It would 8+million this year. After June 1, it would 4.6 or so for 2005 and 2006.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast