RamWraith is offline Registered User

Turley on KFNS this AM

From a fellow fan that lives in the St. Lou area...

-When asked what he thought his chances were of playing football again, Turley said, "Very slim." But went-on to reinforce that his goal is to continue to rehab in the facility in Arizona and get back to playing for the Rams.

-He is solid as a rock in his Martz stance, and even mentioned a few times that he has an excellent relationship with Zygmunt, Armey and the front office. "People have this misconception of where the power is. He's (Martz) just another employee of that organization like I am. I make more money than he does."

-Turley went-on to speculate that it was probably the front office that wanted him to come over from the Saints all along, and that Martz has likely always had disdain for him because of the Saints-Rams rivalry years.

-He blames the media for continuing to ask him all these Martz questions, stating that, for instance, Dan Patrick asked him to come on just to discuss the Super Bowl match up.. (Not sure how he explains the 'Hot Seat' segment a few days later on ESPN).

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Turley on KFNS this AM

Okay, Kyle... here are a few phrases you can keep in your hip pocket:

"No comment."

"I would prefer not to discuss that."

"I think I've discussed that topic enough."

The guy is a complete and total . I look forward to the day when he is an ex-Ram, and even more forward to the day when he becomes so irrelevant that nobody will feel the need to put a microphone in front of him ever again.

Tailgage-Mayor is offline Registered User

Donít intend to be off topic, but Iím surprised the morning schmucks on KFNS actually touched on the subject of sports. Theyíre TV sports anchors that are usually more interested in talking about themselves and the media industry.

I suspect KFNS felt swept because their competitor in the St. Louis market, ESPN (1380am), ran the Turley interview live. Now that KFNS has had Turley on the air (a week late) I hope this story will finally die.

Please donít take this post as negative, just trying to provide some local view on why this story keeps coming up in the media.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    -He blames the media for continuing to ask him all these Martz questions, stating that, for instance, Dan Patrick asked him to come on just to discuss the Super Bowl match up.. (Not sure how he explains the 'Hot Seat' segment a few days later on ESPN).
    Then you say, "Dan, I really don't want to talk about that. It's done and over, and it's time to move on." The media is partially to blame for asking the questions, but they're not the ones giving answers too, Kyle.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

As much as our need for a top RT was confirmed this year, the Turley saga brought about recently -- in addition to his questionable physical health -- brings a close to his tenure.

Later, friend. :tough: Thanks for your contribution.

RamTime Guest

But went-on to reinforce that his goal is to continue to rehab in the facility in Arizona and get back to playing for the Rams.
    Martz was right in his original speculation of this asshole. He's nothing but a gold bricking SOB that is stealing money from the Rams. Go F**k yourself Turley because even the most ardent Martz Bashers are behind him on this one. Oh and by the way, we donít want your ass in St. Louis. Youíre about as wanted in St. Louis as Tony Banks. In fact Tony Banks would be an upgrade so get your surfboard, plug in your guitar and jump in the ocean with both of them you spineless piece of crap.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I don't want to see this guy touch the horns again. Adios!

majorram is offline Registered User

I just wish Turley would shut the hell up...................... I think we have allllllllll grow tired of his ways!!!!!

steve :ramlogo:

majorram is offline Registered User

hey Zig love your avatar....... man it makes me dizzzzzzzzzy just watching it :redface: its a picture of you on a Saturday night after a couple of beers right LOL...

steve :ramlogo:

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

You just know there's been a steady stream of laughter all across New Orleans when they think about getting our 2nd rounder for Turley.

And just to self-salt this festering wound....with the pick that we sent to NO for Turley, they chose ILB Courtney Watson. This season, his rookie season, he accumulated 57 tackles & 2 sacks in 8 starts. This season, our ILB Robert Thomas (in his 3rd season) managed 56 tackles & 0 sacks in 11 starts.

We just can't catch a break.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    And just to self-salt this festering wound....with the pick that we sent to NO for Turley, they chose ILB Courtney Watson. This season, his rookie season, he accumulated 57 tackles & 2 sacks in 8 starts. This season, our ILB Robert Thomas (in his 3rd season) managed 56 tackles & 0 sacks in 11 starts.
    Salt to the wound, yes. :disappoin

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Can you guys hear the Saints all laughing at us? And who is howling with laughter, why it's their coach! Day wus write all along.

The Saints haven't seen the post-season since 2000. That's something to laugh about as well.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

hey Zig love your avatar....... man it makes me dizzzzzzzzzy just watching it its a picture of you on a Saturday night after a couple of beers right LOL...
    Personally I think it'll be more interesting then the SuperBowl. Maybe we can open up the chat room on Sunday and talk about the Crazy Horse. :tongue: