Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Turley takes a parting shot at Martz

The guy is just flakey. I hope he does well in whatever chosen line of self abuse he takes

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Let's hope that Kyle will read these posts and get on here and tell his side!...........maybe there is more to it than we all know!..............I'm sure there is more to it!.................Kyle let's hear the truth!

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Exclamation Re: Turley takes a parting shot at Martz

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Let's hope that Kyle will read these posts and get on here and tell his side!...........maybe there is more to it than we all know!..............I'm sure there is more to it!.................Kyle let's hear the truth!
    Are you blind or just insane? KYLE FAILED HIS PHYSICAL!!!!!!!!

What "...truth..." do you think is missing? Kyle is the only one who has been doing any talking at all. What do you think he hasn't said?

What is it about Kyle "I'm a ****ing idiot" Turley that makes him SO believable and defendable? I am no Mike Martz lover, but for-the-love-of-God-on-a-stick! Do you think Mad Mike sabotaged the results of the physical? If Kyle Turley had passed his physical and was up to playing weight, I might could see the uproar from the Turley contingent. But the fact of the matter is that he did not pass and was 50 lbs. light. At that point, whatever problems he had with Coach became totally irrelevant.

I hope Kyle does read these posts. I hope he reads them and realizes what a complete dumb-ass he comes across as. I hope he reads them and understands just exactly how low the opinion of him is by most Rams fans.

Goodbye to him. Goodbye and good luck in some other field. When he played, he was great. But every thing other than his on-field performance has left a pissy taste in every one's mouth. Goodbye I say. Goodbye and good riddance.
    Last edited by Scidog68; -06-11-2005 at 04:47 PM.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampower
    glad he has gone. His comments on kurt are strange, considering, if i remember correctly, he commented on the need to get rid of kurt at the time.

hmmm...
    Exactly...I don't know what game it was. but I remember Turley running up to Bulger(right during the whole Warner/Bulger thng) and saying how Marc was the man for the team and bla bla bla...

RamTime Guest

Mike Martz is the head coach. His way or the hi-way sounds like any other head coach in the NFL. Things are not open for debate especially with zeros like Turley.

Who the hell is Turley to ***** about rank and power? For 26 million dollars you will shut up and do what you’re told when you’re told. End of story.

I can not believe Turley had the girdle to use Kurt Warner to hide behind. Didn't he lobby for Bulger during the QB controversy? Didn't he stick his ugly mug in the camera and scream "THIS IS OUR QUARTERBACK" or something real close to that? What a pathetic Wasteoid.
    Last edited by RamTime; -06-11-2005 at 10:02 PM. Reason: My spell checker accidently gave turley a compliment.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

In this article, first Turley says how he understands why the Rams cut him, claiming "I understand that move, that there's a business side," only to then go on and suggest he was fired because of Martz, saying, "He wanted to get rid of Kurt because Kurt was on his s--- list. I guess I got on the list, too," basically contradicting himself in one interview.

Which is it, Kyle? Do you understand the business behind why you were released, or are you blaming it on supposedly being in Martz's ****house?

The guy can't even maintain the same position in one interview, let alone between now and two seasons ago. Ridiculous.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

what bakes my noodle is that SOME fans even thing there are two sides to this ........

Dez, There's 2 sides to every story!....Think about it! At first MM says KT threathened his life etc., then he retracts his statements! I'm not a KT fan at all but,MM has back peddled more than one time on many different issues! He reminds me of the boy that cried wolf some times!......KT has an attitude and has back peddled himself and by no means am i taking his side but,to me martz is a big baby himself! Go back and read some of his statements through the years and you will see what im talking about!
    One minute a player is the greatest thing that has happened to the Rams and the next minute it's either I don't know if he's ready or he's gone! IMPO he cant make up his mind so, maybe instead of opening his mouth in the heat of the moment,he should try to practice what he preaches. To me they should all watch what they say around the press because it always bites them in the a**!
    Martz has always barked a little to quick for me! His indecisiveness has irritated me too all ends! He reminds me of small town coaches! If he likes you your in,if he doesn't your out! Whether you can play or not! Look at all the draft picks we've lost due to his thinking Couch,Bellasari,etc.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

There Is Enough Blame To Go Around,but We Need To Forget Turley And Look Forward To The New Championship Season That Is Going To Start In A Couple Of Months.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Look the bottom line here is just like Scidog said, Turley was released because he failed a physical there is no controversy. He FAILED his physical and was underweight. What was Martz supposed to do? Should he switch him to defensive end even though he faild his physical. As for Turley using that statement about Warner was all B.S. Yes he stuck his mug in the camera during a Bulger interview and said "this is our QB now Shutup". Also to be honest with you releasing Warner doesnt look like a bad decision by Martz yet either, from a football stand point he hasnt exactly done anything. The only thing Turdly said that made any sense was going for the TD vs Carolina, everyone in thier right mind knows that he should have.
    Just Fix It

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Think about it!
    This is what I'm thinking about. I'm thinking about Kyle Turley, a man whose ex-wife had a restraining order established against him because she claims he threatened to kill her and her son, going into Martz's office and losing his temper when Martz questions his intentions in a way that probably wasn't the most PC manner of approaching the subject. If I'm Martz, I would feel threatened and would probably call security as well. And when the media got ahold of it, I would downplay it like Martz tried to do. I think he handled the situation pretty well, considering all his media statements were very mature and well thought out, unlike Turley who used every chance he could get to take shots at his coach. For someone who criticizes Martz about his media statements, I would think you would realize that the way he's responded to this situation has been exemplary.

And I don't know what small towns you've been a part of, but their local football programs must have been pretty freakin' successful if Martz, one of the winningest coaches in the last few seasons, reminds you of them. And yeah, the Rams have made some bad draft choices, but for crying out loud, learn to be objective! Under Martz, the Rams have also made some very good choices, especially in recent years. But I guess in your opinion, there isn't a second side to Martz's story, since all you seem to be pointing out are aspects of the bad side, and not the side that's helped the Rams remain competitive year in and year out in this league.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Turley is a real good example of what steroids can do to your Brain .Somebody needs to give him an MRI something is causing all this hostility
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Dez, There's 2 sides to every story!....Think about it! At first MM says KT threathened his life etc., then he retracts his statements! I'm not a KT fan at all but,MM has back peddled more than one time on many different issues! He reminds me of the boy that cried wolf some times!......KT has an attitude and has back peddled himself and by no means am i taking his side but,to me martz is a big baby himself! Go back and read some of his statements through the years and you will see what im talking about!
    One minute a player is the greatest thing that has happened to the Rams and the next minute it's either I don't know if he's ready or he's gone! IMPO he cant make up his mind so, maybe instead of opening his mouth in the heat of the moment,he should try to practice what he preaches. To me they should all watch what they say around the press because it always bites them in the a**!
    Martz has always barked a little to quick for me! His indecisiveness has irritated me too all ends! He reminds me of small town coaches! If he likes you your in,if he doesn't your out! Whether you can play or not! Look at all the draft picks we've lost due to his thinking Couch,Bellasari,etc.
    Yes but look at all the facts ........................ KT is just so much space junk. and thats what we are talking about in this thread

Now if you want to start another thread and go at Martz, fine. But lets not make every thread a, "yea, its all Martz fault" thread because in this case it just does not wash.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Sounds like someone has issues that need to be addressed in a totally separate, non-Kyle Turd-...I mean, Turley thread.

Disagree with his methods you may, but his record is not in dispute. Mike Martz heads a successful program. Don't you recall how KT said he was excited to play for the GSOT? Think he's still excited? That's called "Changing your opinion." That is what happens when your initial opinion changes, based on experience and time. How many questionable draft choices of all teams combined have not panned out? Quite a few. How many head coaches in the NFL are guilty of taking a "reach" pick early in the draft? That's right- most of them. Stop pointing fingers.

It sounds to me as if you dislike Mike Martz and are incapable of allowing him the authority that comes with being a Head Coach in the NFL. He's earned it. Have you?

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

You guy's have missed my whole point here! Like i stated first! There are 2 sides to every story! That's the point i'm trying to get across! Just like MM if people on here don't like someone watch Out!..........I said that i wasn't a KT fan now didn't I? IMPO and its my PO that MM has had a team to win as he has! You guy's tend to give MM all the credit at times for our teams success!........I'm not trying to argue with you guys what so ever but, if someone voices their opinion on here that a few don't like ,it seems like the other guy is always wrong!......................Instead of saying something like ok angels that's your opinion and this is mine !re:.......C'mon guys MM is not all that by no means but, like a Dumb*** i still root for my team! .The way i look at it is ! I was here rooting for the RAMS long before MM or a few of you guy's as well so indeed i can have my opinion i do believe! When i have taken all the BS that this orginazation has laid out for alot of us then ,feel free to argue that MPO might not have any meaning!.........Guys i for 1 have followed this Team through the ups and downs of this organization for years and then when a few of you that like to get on here it seems just to argue to be right!.............Back off because there have been many more downs than ups for me with this organization! Believe that! this team has not always had a winning record or very good team for alot of years!
    If you'd like to dispute my opinion ,then do it without critizism !...............................The whole point was as follows ,( There are 2 sides to every story regardless whether 1 is an ass or not!) #2.MM has his faults as does Turley!

Don't take me wrong! I enjoy and welcome all Ram fans!
    Last edited by talkstoangels61; -06-12-2005 at 02:34 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast