throwback week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Turley takes a parting shot at Martz

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    If you'd like to dispute my opinion ,then do it without critizism !...............................The whole point was as follows ,( There are 2 sides to every story regardless whether 1 is an ass or not!) #2.MM has his faults as does Turley!
    Bro, you stick to your guns, I dont have a problem with that. But in this case I really do feel you picked the wrong topic to get on I for one am all for a diference of opinion, I really am. But KT had to go, I dont care if Martz dragged him out by his jockstrap .......... he had to go.

talkstoangels61 Guest

And that i agree!..........thanks Dez! It wasn't meant to say that i wanted to keep KT at all!

Scidog68 Guest

TTA- Your dedication as a fan is not the issue here. We're ALL members of the same elite group; Rams Fans. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, with regard to ANY subject. I'm sure no one here on this board would begrudge you that. However....just as you have felt entitled to voice your own opinion with regard to the KT situation, several other fans have felt the same entitlement to voice their disagreement and to ask for clarifying and supporting information for your argument.

Once again I am forced to ask you; What information do you believe could be forthcoming that could possibly change someone's opinion about Mr.Turley and/or his departure? It would seem to me that the only one of the two sides in this debate that we haven't heard from is....Mike Martz.
    I agree with you that we should have heard from both sides in this debacle. KT has taken every opportunity to insert his anus-...I mean, his opinion, out in the public domain. Radio, television and print. Mike Martz, on the other hand, chose to downplay the episodes. Not even his own take on the whole ordeal. Which one did you not experience?

To voice your opinion is your God-given right. However, please don't take any dissent as an attack. Perhaps defending your stand with a logical argument, using facts in support of your stand, would be a good way of heading off the kind of rebuttal you seem to have generated.

Again, your dedication and support of the team are not in question. I, myself, consider you to be a Brother-in-Arms. It is simply your stand on this issue which causes some confusion and warrants further debate.
    Last edited by Scidog68; -06-12-2005 at 04:32 PM.

general counsel Guest

I agree that there are two sides to whatever happened in that final showdown meeting in martz office. Here is what there are not two sides to.

1) Turley has never denied that he failed to return martz phone calls after he left training camp last year to advise the team of his status
    2) Turley never appeared on the sideline to support the team when he was injured last year. Did anyone see aeneas off sulking when he was hurt and couldnt play?
    3) Turley is physically unable to play any position at this point, let alone the position he was signed to play.

Focusing on what happened in the last meeting misses the point to me. Even if they were both to blame for losing their tempers in the off season meeting, i dont see how anyone could contend that turley acted like a member of the team during last season. I dont see how anyone thinks that anyone is any normal job would get away with that type of behavior, thus, i cant see why anyone would give turley the benefit of the doubt in any of this. There is no correlation to the warner situation, just none. We had no replacement for turley and it cost us a #1 pick to try and find one. We struggled terribly at that position last year (and before we had turley for that matter). You dont think martz new that? There was no marc bulger waiting to take over for turley. On that basis alone, dont you think martz would have bent over backwards to try and let turley come back? Why? Because it would help the team win and say what you want, ego or not, martz wants to win more than any of us. you can debate warner vs. bulger until the cows come home, but why would martz let a guy go without a reasonable replacement unless he felt he didnt have a choice.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

In the lead up to all this drama, both Turley and Martz bear some responsibility. Martz made statements to the effect that he never saw Turley around, Turley countered that he periodically visited Rams Park and was on the sideline during home games. True or not, Turley's claims were never disputed, so who knows. Whatever happened in the meeting further complicated the issue, a meeting both guys were a part of.

As far as this particular episode goes, Turley deserves all the blame. Martz has done nothing since that meeting to give this thing legs. To Mike Martz' credit, he could have forced the issue, but he chose to diffuse the situation and just "let it go". It was the prudent thing to do and I admire him for it. Martz has continued to take the high road while Turley slithers in the gutter.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The way i look at it is ! I was here rooting for the RAMS long before MM or a few of you guy's as well so indeed i can have my opinion i do believe!
    This is ridiculous. No one is saying you can't have an opinion. But the point of a message board is for discussion of different ideas and opinions, and every time you post something and someone who disagrees responds, you get into this defensive mode and act like you're being attacked, repressed, or if someone is saying you aren't a fan or something. Some of us are trying to talk about the Ram content of your message, and you make that very difficult when you turn it around as if we're making it a personal thing about you and how you supposedly can't have an opinion.
    Last edited by Nick; -06-12-2005 at 07:19 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

talkstoangels61 Guest

awh! Nic,I knew that you would have to have the last say in this! You always do! ..............here it is plain and simple! Like i said before I never have cared for KT's play or anticks here while being a Ram nor a Saint either! Nor do i care for what MM has done at times with this team!............and to me Nic,your the one that gets into the defensive mode IMPO! You go back and look with most of your posts! Everytime someone on this board has voiced their opinion! You seem to be the one that rebuttals the most! That's all fine and dandy its your right as you may! Just let people do it on here without always trying to convince them that they are wrong! When i start reading threads , i know that before i get done .You are going to have debated the thread time after time! It gets old!
    Don't get me wrong here! I truly appreciate some of the things you post or look up and submit to the clan but, man Nic! Never mind!
    I'm not attacking nor do i feel like someone is really attacking me in general! I would like to be able to get on this site and voice my opinion and i'm only voicing my opinion without someone always having something negative to say about it! If you don't like what i say then leave it alone! I've left you alone up until i've had my fill! So now i've voiced my opinion and wish to tell you that maybe we need to im each other in the future without airring our difference's! Dude we are all ram fans here so why all the bs?

talkstoangels61 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68
    TTA- Your dedication as a fan is not the issue here. We're ALL members of the same elite group; Rams Fans. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, with regard to ANY subject. I'm sure no one here on this board would begrudge you that. However....just as you have felt entitled to voice your own opinion with regard to the KT situation, several other fans have felt the same entitlement to voice their disagreement and to ask for clarifying and supporting information for your argument.

Once again I am forced to ask you; What information do you believe could be forthcoming that could possibly change someone's opinion about Mr.Turley and/or his departure? It would seem to me that the only one of the two sides in this debate that we haven't heard from is....Mike Martz.
    I agree with you that we should have heard from both sides in this debacle. KT has taken every opportunity to insert his anus-...I mean, his opinion, out in the public domain. Radio, television and print. Mike Martz, on the other hand, chose to downplay the episodes. Not even his own take on the whole ordeal. Which one did you not experience?

To voice your opinion is your God-given right. However, please don't take any dissent as an attack. Perhaps defending your stand with a logical argument, using facts in support of your stand, would be a good way of heading off the kind of rebuttal you seem to have generated.

Again, your dedication and support of the team are not in question. I, myself, consider you to be a Brother-in-Arms. It is simply your stand on this issue which causes some confusion and warrants further debate.

Scidog, all i meant was that i don't only trust KT . I don't trust MM either! KT wasn't good for the team i have agreed at all times! I just wrote in my first post on this thread that i wished KT or someone would just step up to the plate and speak the truth about our organization! and it's HC or i would at least!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

and to me Nic,your the one that gets into the defensive mode IMPO! You go back and look with most of your posts! Everytime someone on this board has voiced their opinion! You seem to be the one that rebuttals the most!
    If you think a simple rebuttle within a debate or topic being defensive, then obviously discussing this topic with you is going to go no where at all. :tut

There's a difference between what I'm doing, having a discussion and making a rebuttle to someone's points by adding my opinion on the matter, and what you're doing, going off on a tangent about how you're allowed to have an opinion when someone simply disagrees with what you said as if they tried to tell you you weren't allowed to even speak your mind.

The latter is being defensive, and if you don't see that, then perhaps you're right in that I should just leave your posts alone.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Scidog68 Guest

Scidog, all i meant was that i don't only trust KT . I don't trust MM either! KT wasn't good for the team i have agreed at all times! I just wrote in my first post on this thread that i wished KT or someone would just step up to the plate and speak the truth about our organization! and it's HC or i would at least!

Okay! Now I get it! The "...or someone..." part says quite a bit. I would have understood your point earlier, had you included it.

You're looking for someone on the inside's take on how MM runs the show, right? I'm not a Martz lover, but I support him and his direction for the team, so I still don't gel with your whole negative MM vibe, but I do understand what " other opinion " you were looking for and why.
    Last edited by Scidog68; -06-13-2005 at 01:17 AM.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

So how can he play drums if his back is injured? :tut
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    So how can he play drums if his back is injured? :tut
    Carlos, you should be an insurance investigator. GREAT point!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Playing drums and playing football definitely take a different level of physical fitness. A failed fitness in the NFL doesn't mean you can't do anything, it just means you can't have 250+ pound men running into you.

I may be young, but I've never collided with a 280 pound defensive lineman while banging the skins.

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Playing drums and playing football definitely take a different level of physical fitness. A failed fitness in the NFL doesn't mean you can't do anything, it just means you can't have 250+ pound men running into you.

I may be young, but I've never collided with a 280 pound defensive lineman while banging the skins.
    Good point, but he did say this:

"Oh, I'm gonna pound those things," Kyle Turley said in his typical, subtlety-deprived tone. "Our music is super heavy, super hard and super fast. It's bad-ass, man. And yeah, I've gotta take the shirt off, so I can show off my f---- abs."
    Sounds like he was looking forward to some pretty active banging of the skins.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123