Thread: Two question?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Two question?

How many times should SJ run the rock?

Iíll go first 20-25.

How many times will Martz call his number?

15- 20 not enough.

goose9857 is offline Registered User

Re: Two question?

i agree with you rambos, hopefully its at least 20 times, but more than likely knowing martz it'll be less

txramsfan is offline Registered User

From my observations of Martz, he has a distinct coaching style of this type:

1. He coaches with the scoreboard. He gets ahead by 14 or more, he runs the ball. Anything less or behind, the ball is in the air.

2. He coaches to personnel. If the Rams ran Marshall as much as most fans would want, he'd be through. No way could he withstand the punishment that is dished out in the NFL. Plus, Marshall was such a tool in the passing game. Jackson is much bigger than Marshall. He dishes out punishment. If Jackson gets on a roll, I bet Martz runs the ball alot more than most of you think.

I would like to see Jackson become a force, if we can use him enough, teams will have to stop him before blitz Marc on every down. The passing game will become softer, alot of second and 5 yards. Second and one, take a shot to Curtis deep, knowing Jackson good for a one yard pop. We have him let use him.

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    2. He coaches to personnel. If the Rams ran Marshall as much as most fans would want, he'd be through. No way could he withstand the punishment that is dished out in the NFL. Plus, Marshall was such a tool in the passing game. Jackson is much bigger than Marshall. He dishes out punishment. If Jackson gets on a roll, I bet Martz runs the ball alot more than most of you think.
    I couldn't agree more TX.

Bruce on running more...

I put most of the focus on what we have right now on Steven Jackson being the running back. He's a big, powerful guy. He can get out between the tackles, go around the tackles, and get the ball up field.

"In this league, if you don't have a running game and you're more of a passing team, you tend to face a lot more zone. Cover 2 is something that we've seen a lot around here. But once Steven gets rolling, that makes that safety come down and it puts a lot more pressure on the defensive backs - the cornerbacks and free safety - it makes it a little bit easier to run routes."

But will the pass-happy Rams actually make the commitment to run the football more often in 2005?

"I believe so," Bruce said. "I think so. All you have to do is call it. The offensive linemen love to run block."

And running the football more often this season is OK with the wide receiver corps?

"I'm all about winning championships," Bruce said. "Whatever works. So let's get it done."