Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Two St. Louis Rams guarantee victory over Cleveland Browns

Quote Originally Posted by StLouisSam View Post
    Crap, I hope this doesn't provide bulletin-board material for the Browns. I want that first draft pick but I also want to win a game, ya know?
    Not to worry - the Rams took the bulletin board with them when they left Cleveland in 1946.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Re: Two St. Louis Rams guarantee victory over Cleveland Browns

it would be nice if they backed up 9 guaranteed wins in a row, never know in the nfc west. its sad to see that people are rooting for more losses for the high draft pick. ah well, here is something i found on a site with a mock 08' draft. here is what they said about the rams if we got the second pick, as well as some more of the top picks in the article, since i can't post the url:

Miami Dolphins: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    Out of all the winless teams, the Dolphins are ranked the worst on my NFL Power Rankings Page (http://walterfootball.com/analysis.php).

Tough decision between Jake Long and Glenn Dorsey. I know some other mock drafts have the former going to South Beach, but the Dolphins have only given up 10 sacks this year. They also run the ball extremely well, as Ronnie Brown is ripping off 5.2 yards per carry. The main reason Miami is 0-6 is because it cannot stop anyone; while the offense is ranked 13th, the defense is 30th, surrendering 30.3 points per game.

Glenn Dorsey has dominated the line of scrimmage almost every game this year. The Dolphins' decrepit stop unit needs help everywhere, starting up front. Dorsey can instantly improve an eight-sack defense ranked 31st against the run.

St. Louis Rams: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    Orlando Pace is one of the top offensive tackles in the game, but he has missed significant time the past two seasons. Without Pace on the line, the Rams simply cannot score consistently. They need to do something about this, because as far as I'm concerned, Pace is unreliable at this stage of his career. St. Louis cannot allow Marc Bulger to be sacked six times per week. He's too good a quarterback for that to happen.

Atlanta Falcons: Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky
    I really feel sorry for Atlanta fans. They go from having their best quarterback traded to Houston, to watching their current signal caller get thrown in prison for slaughtering dogs. Then, they have to decide between the piano-playing Joey Harrington and the cheeseburger-eating Byron Leftwich. Is there any doubt the Falcons won't be drafting a quarterback?

Well, there is a chance the Falcons could pass up on the two signal callers if someone special like Darren McFadden is available. Warrick Dunn is close to retirement, and I'm not convinced that Jerious Norwood can carry the load on his own. Atlanta could maintain one of the league's most potent rushing attacks and still acquire a franchise quarterback at the top of Round 2.

Actually, now that I think about it... Nah. The Falcons need a major upgrade at the signal-caller position and a true leader in the locker room. I'm on board with Web-site contributor Matt McGuire in thinking that Andre' Woodson will be the first quarterback taken. Given the way he's commanded his squad over the likes of LSU and Arkansas, GMs may become enthralled with his intangibles. It really hurts Brian Brohm that Louisville has underachieved this season. Plus, we've seen NFL coaches pass up on former collegiate players before, so this isn't a new phenomenon or anything.

New York Jets: Chris Long, DE/OLB, Virginia
    The Jets are 1-5 because Chad Pennington sucks and they have only six sacks through six contests this season. Kellen Clemens will fix the first problem (hopefully), meaning New York will need to draft someone who can get to the quarterback in their 3-4 defense. Chris Long, son of former Raider and current FOX analyst Howie Long, currently plays in the 3-4 at Virginia. He's a top-10 prospect, so this seems like a perfect fit.

Buffalo Bills: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
    I know the Bills have a great defensive end in Aaron Schobel, while Chris Kelsay made a great play to score a touchdown against Dallas, but the fact remains that Buffalo has only four sacks through five games in 2007. That's just unacceptable. Instead or rotating three players at one position, I'd like to see the Bills go after a stout end who can be on the field on every single snap. Besides, given who's off the board, it's either Calais Campbell or Kenny Phillips at this juncture.

New Orleans Saints: Kenny Phillips, FS/SS, Miami
    The Saints can't stop anyone because they can't apply pressure on opposing quarterbacks. They can't apply pressure on opposing quarterbacks because their secondary is garbage, prompting defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs to provide more help to a horrific secondary. Kenny Phillips is the real deal. Even though New Orleans needs a cornerback (or three) more than a safety, it cannot justify passing up on a player of Phillips' caliber.

Cincinnati Bengals: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
    Another pick spent on a running back? Well, when you can't seem to develop any sort of ground game, you have to take one. Rudi Johnson has been getting more sluggish every year, seeing his yards-per-carry average drop to 3.0 this season. Darren McFadden could provide the Bengals with the spark they need at running back to make their offensive absolutely lethal. I know they need help on defense, but it's way too early for Dan Connor or Keith Rivers. Besides, we've all seen what Adrian Peterson has accomplished in Minnesota in just half a season.
    I don't really agree with the McFadden pick, but it's plausible. But you'd think they would try and find a way and draft on defense, and maybe trade down.

But back on topic, I really hope our guys backup their word and can finally get in the win column. Maybe with Steven back there will be a spark in the lockeroom.

Edit again: The numbers for the picks aren't there because an image is in the way, but that's the order.
    Last edited by prof22693; -10-26-2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: extra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12