throwback week

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Two Things I Don't Want To Hear If The Rams Beat The Seahawks

If the Rams win on Sunday, there are two things I do not want to hear from fans:

1. If the Rams win, but its a close game, I don't want to hear any "ugly win" comments from Rams fans. This the defending NFC Champion and our primary divisional rival we're playing. Any method of victory is acceptable. If its 3-2, its a great win. If its 45-41, its a great win. In this case, its not how you play the game, its whether you win or lose.

2. I don't want to hear any Seahawk fans blaming the loss on the absence of Alexander. All I've read from Hawk fans is how the Rams were just gashed for 100 yards by a no-name Packer, so clearly this game should not turn on whether Alexander can play. The Rams have injuries too. You play with the guys available at game day. No excuses.

bela Guest

Re: Two Things I Don't Want To Hear If The Rams Beat The Seahawks

You may not want to hear it, but the second is relevant. Fact is, we aren't the same team without SA. I won't come here and make excuses, but if we lose Sunday, it will be interesting to see how much different the game in Seattle with a healthy Alexander will be.

Nope. No sale. Excuses like that won't fly.

The Rams are without their starting center and may be without a starting CB. Those are important positions too. Every team has injuries. You play with the guys who are healthy.

If the Hawks lose on Sunday, it will be because the Rams played better. End of story.

RealRam is offline Registered User

I don't want to hear...-- AvengerRam
    Oh, well pardon meeeEEE!

AV, it sounds like you're serious on this notice and, if so, aren't you censoring beforehand what some of the fans, including yours truly, would like to comment in terms of our personal views of HOW WE WON?

Hopefully that will be the case, that we will have WON this big game Vs. Seattly and it is good to constantly try to generate threads in the forum but, to already be putting down what opinions not to post for a win is extreme.

Granted that I'd prefer to discuss how we won than why we lost! :x

I will not censor anyone (that's never been my role, despite accusations that have been made by some).

I will, however, censure any person who reacts to a Rams win this week in the manners described in my original post.

bela Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Nope. No sale. Excuses like that won't fly.

The Rams are without their starting center and may be without a starting CB. Those are important positions too. Every team has injuries. You play with the guys who are healthy.

If the Hawks lose on Sunday, it will be because the Rams played better. End of story.
    If you win then yes, you will have played better that day. No arguments here.

You have to play with who you got. But realistically, a center and a CB do not equal an MVP running back.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I understand what avenger is saying loud and clear, especially on the first point. Seattle is a top notch team. This week, i couldnt care less how we win. If we inch past them, so be it. If we win this game, we are for real and are in early control of the west, granted with a LOT if football to play. I would also point out that if we win we will have beaten both denver and seattle, and i will slam anyone from this point forward that says denver doesnt count as a quality win because its in week 1, as if that matters! All weeks count the same. We beat the lions by a td. Seattle beat them by 2 points. Granted, seattle beat them on the road, but they didnt exactly kill them and the vaunted seattle offense, with shaun, scored zero tds against a team that we scored 42 points against!

On the second point, its a little different. I agree that the healthy players play, but i am not so sure that there isnt an argument regarding alexander. I think we lost to the whiners in material part because the Big Man was out most of that game and it killed us in the second half. He is the reigning mvp, they arent the same team without him. IT counts the same in the standings for sure, but its a relevant data point in assessing which is the better overall team and which team has the best shot in the playoffs. If we win sunday, we are the better team on that day for sure.

one think i dont want to hear is that they miss hutchinson, which we all know they do, but that was their choice. We miss deacon jones, but he isnt on the rams anymore.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bela View Post
    If you win then yes, you will have played better that day. No arguments here.

You have to play with who you got. But realistically, a center and a CB do not equal an MVP running back.
    Sorry, Bela - Alexander isn't exactly setting the world on fire this year. I also do not remember being cut any slack when Holt and Bruce and Fisher and Butler were out against you guys last year.

Av's dead on, and I find your response interesting. Like maybe you're a little nervous about this game?
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

bela Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Sorry, Bela - Alexander isn't exactly setting the world on fire this year. I also do not remember being cut any slack when Holt and Bruce and Fisher and Butler were out against you guys last year.

Av's dead on, and I find your response interesting. Like maybe you're a little nervous about this game?
    Well, I'm nervous anytime we play in St. Louis. We were head and shoulders better than the Rams last year yet that game in EJD was close. I'd be stupid to expect his game to be any different.

In fairness to Shaun, he suffered the injury against Detroit and our O-line was horrid in that game. By the time we started to get on track he broke his foot. As a result, you really can't judge Shaun by his numbers this year.

I'm not premaking excuses, especially since I think we can win without Shaun. But there is little arguing that we just aren't the same team without him.

RealRam is offline Registered User

I like the Rams in an upset here. -- Dr. 'Z' from SI
    I hope this approach to comment is permissible / acceptable. AV?...

majorram is offline Registered User

Thank you AV for this thread.....................injuries are just part of this game.. I just don't care how we win this game... lucky... ugly... by one point ...just WIN the game baby....

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

Quote Originally Posted by bela View Post
    I'm not premaking excuses.
    Well, it kinda-sorta seems like that is precisely what you are doing.

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Damnit I dont like it when Dr. Z picks us. I really think that guy is a tool.
    The Seahawks are the "best team in the west" If the Rams can beat them, there will be our justification that this team has indeed improved. I already know they have improved but because of who the Rams played people are acting like we have accomplished nothing. I will admit I was a little dizzy after the Green Bay game but again Favre has been playing pretty well this year and is losing in tight games.Its not like everyone is just blowing the Pack outta the water. I also see that the Broncos defense is shutting everyone down and just knocked off the previously undefeated Ravens. The Cards have been in every game they played except against the Falcons. The Lions again have barely lost their games. The Rams are winning and that means something is going right. So I will have to agree I dont want to hear anything but RAH RAH GO RAMS after this decisive victory that is about to take place in Dome Sweet Dome. Oh and from the Seahwaks fans I want to hear congratulations and that is that.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    I hope this approach to comment is permissible / acceptable. AV?...
    What does Dr. Z's quote have to do with my point? The Hawks are favored. Therefore, if the Rams win it will, by definition, be an "upset."

bela Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Well, it kinda-sorta seems like that is precisely what you are doing.
    Look, I’m not making excuses. I hereby promise that Monday when I come back, win or lose, I will not blame the absence of SA.

Overcoming adversity is what its all about the in the NFL. If we want to go back to the show, that is what we have to do.

It just so happens that missing Shaun is a big ass piece of adversity…

Do you disagree with anything I said? Do you think that the Seahawks are as good without Shaun as they are with him?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast