Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Typical Rams FA

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Typical Rams FA

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I'm always ok with being patient. What I'm worried about is how that money will be used.
    Well, Alge Crumpler is available...

PHAT-MONEY Guest

ehhh he is going to be a seahag. besides i think linehan might back off of the TE signings for once

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    ehhh he is going to be a seahag. besides i think linehan might back off of the TE signings for once
    Not sure about that. I heard Crumpler left Seattle without a contract. Not a good sign with the way the feeding frenzy has been going.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I'm sure this post will raise a few hackles on this board but if we don't sign another FA this year, I wouldn't mind. In fact I'd like to see us trade a few deadbeat players for late round picks this year or for next year. I really think the Rams need a youth infusion. This is a game of attrition which means we may have to go through a whole bunch of bodies but eventually we will find some pro-bowlers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; lets let Devaney do his thing. How's what the Rams have been doing the last 20 years been working for ya?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Well, Alge Crumpler is available...
    Exactly :\
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

theodus69 is offline Registered User

like every year we grab a player we need , but not really what we need. The Brown pick up was good, as usual the rams **** the bed in free agency like always!!!!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Rammed is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    I'm sure this post will raise a few hackles on this board but if we don't sign another FA this year, I wouldn't mind. In fact I'd like to see us trade a few deadbeat players for late round picks this year or for next year. I really think the Rams need a youth infusion. This is a game of attrition which means we may have to go through a whole bunch of bodies but eventually we will find some pro-bowlers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; lets let Devaney do his thing. How's what the Rams have been doing the last 20 years been working for ya?
    Couldn't agree more.........

And now when there isn't a lot of movement on the Rams part (all the Maddenfans) are filling the board with second guessing....First (the endless whine about) Bennett, then Barron, (sadly) Bruce and now Bulger........what's next.......... (someone that starts with a B I'm guessing)

It's a team sport, all parts are connected. We need to get young and REBUILD, rebuilding starts bottom down. But hey, after reading this board I'm starting to think it's time to start with the chimney.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I don't see how waiting for second line F.A. are helping us. This team needed some high caliber F.A. But I do understand why high caliber players would not want to come here. A lame duck coach and a 3-13 season. I see why nobody wants to jump on that band wagon. The truth is it might be very little we can do in FA unless we brake the bank.
    :ramlogo:

J27drums79 is offline Registered User

Yeah, I'm not sure we can replace a LB (Chillar, assuming he signs elsewhere), Back-up QB (as Brock Berlin is I guess promoted to back-up for now), a WR (Oh, that's right...we are payin' Drew Bennett $6M per. yr. to "replace" Ike, nevermind there, I'm sure that will work out!), DL (James Hall departs, possibly in anticipation of drafting Chris long, UVA), OL (Enough said...), and all in the NFL draft. Not to mention teams with 2 Running Backs are stifling defenses these days...we have 1 darn Good back...and Brian Leonard who is essentially a receiver in the flat twice a game. I guess I hope that we have ZERO injuries this year, hit a Grandslam on Day one of the Draft, and that the Al Saunders re-surface in the gateway can propel us into NFL euphoria. You know, we need to find a washed up AFL QB that's bagging groceries this weekend and get him on the roster for the inevitable concussion that #10..a.k.a. stick boy will suffer later, atleast then we can hope of a "Vermeillion" type of catapult to the Super Bowl...Hey..."I BELIEVE"!
    :clanram:

Richard S Johnson, SSgt, USAF
    F-15 Attack Control Systems
    Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
    J27drums79@yahoo.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-01-2008, 08:23 PM